• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Dragonball V5.8

ULTIMATE DRAGONBALL
WWW.DBZU.NET

A project led by ForTiNeRo & Ayraclus. Original by Avarize.

Click for full size screenshot.

Description
Jump into your favorite character and take control of your own destiny. Play in the Dragon Ball world, fight for survival, destruction, or infinite power!

Pick 1 out of 12 of the characters of the anime. A hero arena map where you train against creeps but also has an RPG element to it where you go through quests, level up and complete extra sagas based on the DBZ/GT anime. It can go up to a 6v6 battle between Z Fighters and Evil Forces, but also acts as a free for all somewhat where you don't have to -necesarily- comply with your teammates to win, just become the strongest.

Everyone competes to obtain the highest power level in order to beat the enemy's team. The power levels are displayed in the board along with the game mode and saga you are on. If your character is killed you are sent to the afterlife, a place where you can train without the hassles of your enemies attacking you, however it's harder to gain power in the afterlife, which is it's handicap. If everyone from the enemy's team is sent to the afterlife, you win the game.

There are also side quests you can go for, such as applying for tournaments, collecting the Dragon Balls and make a wish, fighting secondary bosses arround the map, training in places such as the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, unlocking secret characters, look for hidden easter eggs, and more ... !

Every playable character and their transformations have custom models, the map also has custom models for many doodads and neutral units, custom UI, a very realistic dragonball-like spell system (collision system), to offer the player an unique gameplay sensation, like with the recently added AI for sagas.

Even more, it's community keeps growing every day, with high (and increasing) competitive skills!
Features

- Realistic Dragon Ball gameplay sensation.
- Dragon Ball world like scenario.
- Main and Bonus Sagas/quests following the Dragon Ball storyline.
- Unique spells system featuring colliding spells. (watch videos!)
- Customizable and versatile Stat Training systems.
- Challenging Sagas that come with an AI system to use all kind of spells.
- Custom UI, sounds, doodads, spells, models, icons.
- Custom models for each playable character and their transformations.
- 3 different gameplay modes.
- 2 teams: Z fighters against Evil forces. 6 players per team.
- Each character's gameplay is deferent from the rest, offering a great variety.
- Secret/unloackeable characters.
- New/changed easter eggs for every new version.
- New and better strategies can be developed all the time.
- No suggested players amount, 1v1 can be as fun and challenging as 6v6 games.
- Map's gameplay encourages teamwork startegies.
- Lots of features and system for a better and enjoyable gameplay.
- Supportive and easy-to-contact map developers, open to any suggestions.
- Project under continuous development, working for it's community.
Characters
Z FightersEvil Forces
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Future Trunks
Uub
Piccolo
Broly
Buu
Frieza
Android 17__
Cell
Bebi
[tr]

Scrapbook

Hosting Bot
[url]http://bot.dbzu.net/[/url]
DBU games for Battle.net and PVPGN servers, 24hs online.
Project's Archive
Click here to download previous versions.
*Please download the map from trusted places.
Support
Website & Forum
WWW.DBZU.NET

Latest news, tips and tricks, bug reporting, suggestions and ideas, chat group, official hosting bot, paypal donations, and more...

Join the DBZU community today!
Simplified Chinese translation
终极龙珠V5.8
翻译:Anby&ZLC

10nsuuc.jpg
地图下载 . 更新记录
Translated to simplified chinese by Anby
dbzubbs.uuu9.com (U9论坛)
Credits
DBZU by Ayraclus & ForTiNeRo since v5.0 (original by Avarize)

Avarize, thank you for trusting us your map.

Models: Orgrim, Jarri, Fantoche, Hubcool, BZRebornMaker's Friend, kkqqpp, Zerox, Tatsuma. robot-dude, Valkemerie, DerReaper2, DoomArchDemon, AlienAtSystem, Trollschnitzel, chilla_killa, Scythy Dervish, lowpoly-workshop, paradise.engineering, sPy, reek39, EbonyStallion, Soul Life, alltigoobadmajor, Avarize, ESF\ECX team.

Important and supportive people: paradise.engineering, Endear, Sorairoday, Prillin, Darth_Jhan, SoulEater, KoRyUhA, Siamky, Shako, Yeran, 2good4ujoo, xylum, Ak1995, Valkemiere, EbonyStallion, and people from the dbzu community that always contribute to the map.

Modeler & Animator: EbonyStallion
Loading screen: Fantoche
Dragonball UI: Speedziarz
Author's notes
- Map is protected.

- Warcraft 3 patch (version 1.24b or newer) needed to play this map.

- We are currently working on a new release, I will be uploading our WIP right here.

To reviewers and moderators: not sure if it's necesary to prove it by now, but for the new ones to the map, yes, we do have Avarize's permision, consent and approval. This can be checked on our site, where Avarize is still a moderator and has a subforum for his new and current project.
Keywords:
DBZ, DBZU, UDBZ, dragon ball, dragonball, ultimate, ultimate dragonball, dragonball ultimate, dbz tribute, avarize, fortinero, ayraclus, anime, ultima
Contents

Ultimate Dragonball V5.8 (Map)

Reviews
22:10, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice map with models, UI, and much of the spells replicating the DBZ franchise, this game is great with friends or online, although the map would be better if it has interacting AI. Map approved
Level 1
This is one of the best rpg map and I appreciate the author for creating such a wonderful map. However, I have found some problems and suggestions for this map that are as follows.

1. At level +100 it becomes very difficult for evil characters to come back to life from afterlife. The two brutes {red and blue demons} just annihilate every evil hero except Cell who manages to kill them by creating his little clones.

2. Except cell, all the other characters including both good and evil heroes seems too weak specially against the shenrons.

3. Buu’s candy beam ability does not work.

4. Super Buu must be able to absorb any creep, hero, or saga villains. The mana points and cool down time for “Absorb” should also be increased.

5. Buu’s dimension scream ability must cause substantial damage to enemies in an area and stun them for at least five seconds. Opening just a portal is not very helpful in a fight.

6. Piccolos’s hellzone grenade is not that powerful. It must do more damage. Much more damage.

7. Freiza’s death saucers must remain in air for longer period. At least for twice the current time.

8. Freiza’s stubbornness ability should not disappear and must last at least 7 sec.

9. Freiza’s death ball should be an instant KO on any hero or villain. After all, it is a death ball.

10. Broly should have more abilities at lower levels. Seeing a hero at 100 level and empty ability tabs is not a good sight.

11. Broly’s energy shield must give mana regeneration, more armor and must cause damage to enemies. Just stat boost is not the kind of ability many players are fond of.

12. All hero abilities should do more damage.

13. Some of us like me, don’t like to play games online therefore for people like me, full shared unit control must be enabled so that one can control the entire good or evil team single handily.

14. It should be more difficult to get all the dragon balls such as a difficult boss fight to get one ball. Then once all the dragon balls have been gathered then the player should be given the choice of choosing one of the options such as highest hero level, extreme attack speed, extreme attack damage, very fast hit point regeneration, very great boost to hit points, very great boost to mana points, unique very powerful hero abilities, permanent invisibility etc etc. Invulnerability should not be an option because then it would take the fun out of the game.

Best of luck for developing this project.

Level 4
I will focuse on each item later cause I'm short of time right now, but let me tell you that all those 14 items are not correct. They either have nothing to do with the way the map pvp works, or would break the game in terms of balance.

What you need at this point is to get more practise. Play against good players and eventually you will become better, and you will understand why I'm telling you this. I suggest you to play on our bot, there you will find the best players arround.

Level 1
..why is krillin in kame's house??..
..how to kill krillin in there can someone help me??
..can mr.satan at general tao be a secret character??
..and i cant kill a z fighter in andriod bomb cell character..

Level 4
Oh sup SoJ.. well it's easy here: the map and it's mechanics is under constant modifications, and the strategies the players can develop are always yet to be discovered by them. I don't know what these guys have inside their heads. If a lot of the most popular games nowadays have crappy and easy AI systems, what makes them think that me, a guy that takes this as a hobby, will develop such thing, in a W3 engine?
That is one answer; the other one is that is a multiplayer game, meant to be played that way, period.

Level 4
Stopping here... I think I've heard that over a million times now. Thanks.

"FYI" we are the ones who actually decide whether the game is intended for single or multiplayer, and we always say it's multiplayer, and we work towards that.

(and yes, WE has several bugs, working them arround doesn't mean they aren't there)

Level 3
You might take it as a hobby... everyone else does too. lol.
It's a multiplayer and a singleplayer game fyi. Still an Ai is extremely easy to make, 1 to 3 days at tops for a simple one capable of taking down new people. Though since you have trust problems you or the other guy would have to do it. I like the changes and updates mostly.

Since you have so much imagination, tell me how would you resolve Sanzoken priority, direction and magnitude. Which is, of course, a core component of the map. Also tell me how would you balance Risk-reward between DB's, sagas and Level time.
"Making an AI" is not as simple as moving a unit around in 2 or 3 lanes here. Neither is it making it buy one of 5 or 6 predetermined lists of items.

We don't have trust issues honey, we just know what we are doing.

Level 1
someone can tell me how to transform Super saiyan with gohan, i play gohan and reach level 120, but after that i cant transform into Super saiyan anymore. can you help me?

Level 3
This is one of those 25% times then.
I asked you how would you implement those parameters INTO the AI of the bot.
But you don't even seem to understand what I'm talking about, so let's stop this conversation here.
There won't be an AI, end of discussion.

Also, Beta is live on the bot, we will publish the map here once some imbalances are taken care of.

Level 4
I think we should take this to private or visitor messages instead of taking space in this.
The first 5 times you wrote me in private (here and on my site) I told you to stop in a polite way, even tho you had been an annoying and disrespectful dick. The other 15 times I told you to fuck off, and mind your own bussines. Ask 20 more times, and even if you came with the solution to all of my problems, my answer is still going to be fuck off.

Level 4
It is partially awful, yes. We think we don't need eye candy? Wrong.

The map wasn't made from scratch by us. We have been improving certain regions' terraining job, but it's still WIP.

On addition, and if you want to know why we don't just rework the whole terrain, there is a simple answer for it: priorities. The map looks decently enough and very well customized (UI, buttons, icons, models, custom spells and sfx, etc.), but a nice terrain on it's own won't work as a hero arena you'd like to play over and over. More over, I think that's probably the most recurrent problem of the hive map makers, we get a LOT of maps with a superb terrain job, but completly useles ingame, and 100% un playable. That's why.

Level 8
OMG the game is so much fun it's really interesting and makes you really wanna test all the characters but there is just one MAJOR problem...it's full of SPELL memory leaks so much i cant breath please someone help me!!I dont know what idiot coded the spells but they are leaking so much i cant belive it i mean terranin is not something special it's pure Warcraft III teranning so it shouldn't lag at all...i can see all the file size has gone into models and other minor things but when someone cast a spell it's like im running 27 Warcraft III playing the same map on all of them..and yes my computer might not be so good it's 256mb Video Card,Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz 2.69GHz 768mb of RAM but dude you need to fix these rather annoying memory leaks.

Sorry for my bad English it is not my native language at least i try my best =)

EDIT: oh yeah and i rate this 4/10

Last edited:
Level 4
So you are probably the same annoying and rude guy that posted on my site yesterday too.

If not, I will tell you the same: spells are not causing memory leaks, that's a complete different story. Make sure to get some knowledge before referring to others as idiots.

Also yes, your PC is not enough for many custom W3 maps. Most W3 maps will take up much more resources than regular W3 campaign maps.

Google stuff up before acting a smartass, otherwise don't expect to be taken seriously.

Level 15
Just play it with kLoader, one use Goku and one use Vegeta. Actually I got problem to complete the saga... I can't find the place where the boss stay (rofl). And also I got problem with reverting to normal state. I have typed "r" many times but it's still Super Saiyan. Some times I must type "revert" to get back...
Hope you will make it better on next update :)

Level 4
You will get a minimap ping (for 5-10 seconds) at the places where the Sagas spawn. Some sagas, however, walk arround the map instead of holding position, and for those, the ping will show you the region where they spawn. Now if you lose some boss, finding them is part of the game actually, same as hiding them from the other team.

About reverting, and same as for every transformation, there is a debuff named "Transformation Exhaustion". Once you transform, you won't be able to revert or transform again until the debuff goes off, and that is arround 10 seconds. I am sure this is working propperly and as intended.

Level 1
Yeah! I want moooore!! ehhhmm.. Sorry just want to ask if Gohan's unlock potential is instant or do you have to go to elder guru after lv.15? I like playing gohan alot and always trying to to get to elder at lv.15 - 20 between Namek Saga and Lord slug. Elder did not grant me any changes like it did on previous ver.