• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Battle v2.50

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warcraft: Ultimate Battle v2.50++
UB Development Team
@Unregret, @ZiBitheWand3r3r and @Wa666r

***Note: Map-pack required this package to work properly***
- Download package: [UB] Resource Package
- Read Me

- For WC3 TFT 1.26+: Put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps)
- For WC3 TFT 1.28+: Put the map to "Your PC name"/Documents/Warcraft 3/Maps
- For WC3 TFT 1.30+: Under Development....

- Change the way resoures work.
- Tiny size map-pack, all required only one package.
- Fix Tavern Hero Spells.

Map Info

This is a total race compilation. You can play with original AI and custom AI at the same time. This map is exclusive for Hiveworkshop only. No permission to re-post it in other website.

*Note*: Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.

*For suggestion about this project or show your interest to add your own race into UB, please create a thread in:
- Project Page & Main Forum/Threads: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
- Download older version which work for multiplayer hosting: [UB] Legacy Versions
- Download unprotected version, for similar modders: [UB] Unprotected Versions
Credit

If I miss anyone, please tell me.

- Tech-tree Suggestion: @MogulKahn.
- Model Suggestion: @stein123, @Mister_Haudrauf.

- Spell: @Kam, @KILLCIDE...
- Tech-tree: @Sunreaver, @Skyfira...

- Buildings: @Ujimasa Hojo, @Mr.Henci...
- Units: @General Frank, @Apheraz Lucent, @Cavman, @Sellenisko, @PROXY, @stonneash, @NFWar, @JollyD, @Hayate, @Uncle Fester, @Kuhneghetz, @Kitabatake, @JesusHipster, @stan0033, @CloudWolf, @paulH, @FrIkY, @SinisterX, @Hawkwing, @Fokyip, @Legal_Ease, @MasterHaosis, @Wandering Soul, @skrab, @AndrewOverload519, @Tranquil, @Mechanical Man, @takakenji, @Ket, @paladinjst, @Callahan, @Fuzzyfury, @Darkfang, @Mr.Goblin, @morbent, @Sin'dorei300, @Tarrasque, @Grendel, @Kimbo, @Mecheon, @migB, @armel, @assasin_lord, @Haistrah, @CreatorD3292, @CeDil, @exfyre, @Storm_PCF, @Greeksaga, @4eNNightmare, , @dickxunder, @GooS, @Toroto, @Salmon, @AnemicRoyalty, @ReplikanT, @Frankster, @Shiv, @Ergius, @SamuraiPanda, @NatDis, @Elenai, @Norinrad, @kaycei, @Mc !, @Sephiroth_VII, @Illidan_09, @67_chrome, @Golden-Drake, @HandCLAW, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Marcos DAB, @Palaslayer, @Praytic, @Hadeis, @Killd0zer, @Mythic, @Pyritie, @s4nji, @Direfury, @CreatorD3292, @UgoUgo, @Ampharos_222, @infrenus, @Edge45, @Thrikodius, @Xelthyr, @The Grim Reaper, @Alastor, @WILL THE ALMIGHTY, @Afronight_76, @wingednosering, @donut3.5, @sigelang, @Dan van Ohllus, @bigapple90, @NFWar, @D.ee, @kitties :3, @CombatTheWombat, @Infinitynexus, @Serbianbeast, @KelThuzad, @Berz-, @JetFangInferno, @tjordell, @chr2, @Rmx, @cyberkid, @Dekku, @Dentothor, @L_Lawliet.

Contents

Andorhal (Map)

Booty Bay (Map)

Devil's Cauldron (Map)

Divide and Conquer (Map)

Dustwallow Keys (Map)

Echo Isles (Map)

Emerald Gardens (Map)

Gnoll Wood (Map)

Ice Crown (Map)

Lost Temple (Map)

Raging Stream (Map)

Twisted Meadows (Map)

Level 2
Did you ever read Unregret's comment below?

I think the entire game file is corrupted, which prevents you for playing the UB. The only thing you can to do is reinstall the whole WC3.
I don't think the problem is my W3 game. Since I can play all maps except Icecrown and Divide and Conquer. This problem is not something that happens to me only, but to others. Anyway thanks, I'll wait for the Mod developers to solve it.

Level 28
I don't think the problem is my W3 game. Since I can play all maps except Icecrown and Divide and Conquer. This problem is not something that happens to me only, but to others. Anyway thanks, I'll wait for the Mod developers to solve it.
I have also faced this kind of issue, but it's not related to this mod.
Sometimes, when I made changes of map using MPQ Editor, the map is either invisible in the selection menu or unplayable with no players selection.
Usually, this happens because the map is corrupted.
For now, you can only play the maps other than 12 players map (Emerald Gardens, Icecrown, Divide and Conquer) or if you still face numerous issues, get Ruins of Alterac version of UB instead.

Level 2
I have also faced this kind of issue, but it's not related to this mod.
Sometimes, when I made changes of map using MPQ Editor, the map is either invisible in the selection menu or unplayable with no players selection.
Usually, this happens because the map is corrupted.
For now, you can only play the maps other than 12 players map (Emerald Gardens, Icecrown, Divide and Conquer) or if you still face numerous issues, get Ruins of Alterac version of UB instead.
Fortunately, I can play the Emerald Gardens map.

Level 28
Hello @Unregret . Are these map work in warcraft 3 TFT v.1.31?
All UB maps are compatible with all versions of Warcraft 3, but I can tell you 1.31.1. does not have "War3.mpq" file because that version uses the new file format known as CASC. This means you can't use the Resource Package available in this thread to play latest UB maps. Furthermore, playing maps on 1.31.1. is not recommended since there are a lot of bugs you might encounter when you attempt to use that version. If you want to play UB without MPQ, you are going to need the older versions (Ruins of Alterac map) OR just use the older versions of WC3 which has MPQ (1.29.2 or below).

Level 1
I'm trying to play this mode in 2022, but the unit models are gone, they just don't appear, and most of the icons are green, I really wanted to play with friends, but in fact, 2018 has been a long time, and I don't think it's the same anymore way to install what is needed.

Level 28
I'm trying to play this mode in 2022, but the unit models are gone, they just don't appear, and most of the icons are green, I really wanted to play with friends, but in fact, 2018 has been a long time, and I don't think it's the same anymore way to install what is needed.
I strongly recommend reading my post above. It contains helpful tips on solving common issues.
You need Resource Packages (War3.mpq) if you want to play the latest UB maps.
If you still face green icons and missing models, get the older versions (Ruins of Alterac). It doesn't rely "War3.mpq" file.

Level 28
Could this work using WC3 Mod Manager v1.1.1 ?
Apparently, the tool still works with Reforged and if they simply add some alternate Blizzard.j, SLK files etc. it would work with all melee maps and not just the modified ones provided here.
The file structure has been changed with latest Reforged patches, which is now located in the "retail" folder.
Also, this mod is heavily protected, meaning it's uneditable (can't be opened with MPQ Editor).

Level 28
Do you have any update plans?
I was told by Unregret (the original author) and he said he no longer continue his project (Ultimate Battle) due to personal reasons.
For now, 2.50 is the latest version of the mod, but older versions (Ruins of Alterac only) are still available. You can even play it on Reforged, but only supports the legacy graphics.

Level 1
I was told by Unregret (the original author) and he said he no longer continue his project (Ultimate Battle) due to personal reasons.
For now, 2.50 is the latest version of the mod, but older versions (Ruins of Alterac only) are still available. You can even play it on Reforged, but only supports the legacy graphics.
tons of the model is not visible and clickable there, was hoping the original author give the unprotected version

Level 28
tons of the model is not visible and clickable there, was hoping the original author give the unprotected version
Are you using the older versions (Ruins of Alterac) or the latest ones (map packs)? If it's the latter case, make sure you downloaded the War3.mpq first.

Level 1
Are you using the older versions (Ruins of Alterac) or the latest ones (map packs)? If it's the latter case, make sure you downloaded the War3.mpq first.
i'm using the old alterac v 2.6, tons of models still missing even with the legacy map (already using classic graphic, and it still missing), oh and i'm using the latest 1.35 game patch

Level 28
i'm using the old alterac v 2.6, tons of models still missing even with the legacy map (already using classic graphic, and it still missing), oh and i'm using the latest 1.35 game patch
I'm pointing out that this mod seems to be outdated because the original authors (Unregret, Riki, Wa666r, ZiBtheWand3r3r) decided to not continue this big project due to their personal reasons. Not to mention, Blizzard released a big update for Reforged, which literally breaks some important elements (such as triggers, models, etc) and also potential crashes during the gameplay.

Level 1
I'm pointing out that this mod seems to be outdated because the original authors (Unregret, Riki, Wa666r, ZiBtheWand3r3r) decided to not continue this big project due to their personal reasons. Not to mention, Blizzard released a big update for Reforged, which literally breaks some important elements (such as triggers, models, etc) and also potential crashes during the gameplay.
ah i see, alright then

Level 2
I love custom races and the ones from these maps are quite impressive. I haven’t got to play all of them (some missing models seemed to be the problem) but the ones I have played seem very high quality. I hope we can get an update for this or we can figure out what would be needed to allow someone else to update this. I understand the MPQ files no longer being used is the issue but doesn’t hurt to hope for an update from any of the other authors either.

Level 14
I love custom races and the ones from these maps are quite impressive. I haven’t got to play all of them (some missing models seemed to be the problem) but the ones I have played seem very high quality. I hope we can get an update for this or we can figure out what would be needed to allow someone else to update this. I understand the MPQ files no longer being used is the issue but doesn’t hurt to hope for an update from any of the other authors either.
That's what I was wondering after all these time too. Maybe time will tell.

Level 28
I have a question for this Project.
Would it be possible to create a new Map Pack?

The idea I have is to use the same Map pool that we have in the Hive Cups Tournaments.
Sadly, this project was abandoned a long time ago by the author for personal reasons.
In addition, some people have reported numerous issues during the gameplay, most notably the missing textures on some buildings/units/icons.
I don't know if this mod should have been compatible with Map Pool, especially due to the fact it requires Reforged.

Level 2
Hello. I think your map is great, so does the custom race. But, when I try to play one of your maps (Raging Stream), I found few problems. So, I just think I have to leave comments in here that are consists of problems and suggestions. Here is the problems and suggestions:

1. All heroes form the tavern are not available for custom race (Blood Elves, Naga, High Elves, etc….). Only work if I use basic race (Night Elves, Human, Undead, and Orc).

2. Forsaken units should based on basic elf units so that they have elven ears and other characteristics that similar to elves but still as undead version.

For example (models):
  • Undead Elven Valkyrie
  • Forsaken Sorceress
  • Dragonhawk Rider Undead
  • Forsaken Catapult
  • Valkyr Pale
[addition that are still related to Forsaken models]:
  • Undead Warlock
  • Hero Grim Reaper
So, I think using skeleton models in Forsaken units are not relevant and seems boring.

3. Allies that I choose as Blood Elves, Felblood Elves, Dwarf, Bandits, Legion, Faceless, and Vile Naga race do nothing but gathering resources.
(page 3 and page 4 race are all do nothing).

4. Fix lags and bugs (especially when playing as Blood Elves race).

5. Try to make some variation with elven flying units (High Elves and Blood Elves), avoid using unit models that contains Archer and normal (basic) hawk models, which are same with basic unit (Archer) and the hawk seems to be boring.

Try to use Dragonhawk (Blood Elves version for Blood Elves race and High Elves version for High Elves race) and one different (unique) additional fly unit that is relevant to each race, and so does with the other units type.

If you use Archer as your basic range units, it would be better if you do not use Archer Rider models as other type units.

6. For the new abilities (especially Forsaken race), you could have used Rise of the Damned campaign or other custom campaign maps as reference to make the abilities, and then if you have another idea to make some unique abilities, just put it in your maps. For example: chain lightning, but with red color as your innovation.

Just another suggestion, you could have applied some repairing based on my suggestion in Warcraft 3 1.30+ version.

Hopefully, a lot of progress within your maps.

Regards,
Felix

Level 28
Hello. I think your map is great, so does the custom race. But, when I try to play one of your maps (Raging Stream), I found few problems. So, I just think I have to leave comments in here that are consists of problems and suggestions. Here is the problems and suggestions:

1. All heroes form the tavern are not available for custom race (Blood Elves, Naga, High Elves, etc….). Only work if I use basic race (Night Elves, Human, Undead, and Orc).

2. Forsaken units should based on basic elf units so that they have elven ears and other characteristics that similar to elves but still as undead version.

For example (models):
  • Undead Elven Valkyrie
  • Forsaken Sorceress
  • Dragonhawk Rider Undead
  • Forsaken Catapult
  • Valkyr Pale
[addition that are still related to Forsaken models]:
  • Undead Warlock
  • Hero Grim Reaper
So, I think using skeleton models in Forsaken units are not relevant and seems boring.

3. Allies that I choose as Blood Elves, Felblood Elves, Dwarf, Bandits, Legion, Faceless, and Vile Naga race do nothing but gathering resources.
(page 3 and page 4 race are all do nothing).
Did you play an older version of this mod (v2.1)? Since you're playing the Raging Stream, it assumes that you're using the v2.1 of the mod. That version is too buggy (unstable) and has some problems.

Not to mention, the author had just abandoned this project for a long time ago. Playing this map on higher versions of Warcraft 3 won't be a good idea.

Level 2
Did you play an older version of this mod (v2.1)? Since you're playing the Raging Stream, it assumes that you're using the v2.1 of the mod. That version is too buggy (unstable) and has some problems.

Not to mention, the author had just abandoned this project for a long time ago. Playing this map on higher versions of Warcraft 3 won't be a good
Nope. I played the 2.50 version of this mod. Also, I played in Warcraft 3 v.1.27, because it is said that for Warcraft v.1.30+ still under development.
Responding to your statement that this project had just abandoned, so where should I mention the problems and give my suggestions about this Ultimate Battle project?
Really hope my mentions and suggestions help the author to review again their projects and develop many parts that are need to be fixed.

Level 28
Nope. I played the 2.50 version of this mod. Also, I played in Warcraft 3 v.1.27, because it is said that for Warcraft v.1.30+ still under development.
Responding to your statement that this project had just abandoned, so where should I mention the problems and give my suggestions about this Ultimate Battle project?
Really hope my mentions and suggestions help the author to review again their projects and develop many parts that are need to be fixed.
It seems that the author didn't want to update this mod because of the personal reasons.
This mod also relies on custom "War3.mpq" for the latest version. Playing on most recent versions of Warcraft III, especially the Reforged ones, is an AWFUL idea, because the game data is now stored in CASC. Not to mention, even the latest version of Reforged has its CASC being restructured.
Campaigns that use the custom "War3.mpq" like Heart of Storms was also affected by this consequence.
In theory, even with the custom "War3.mpq", you may still run into some issues when you try to play on most recent versions of Warcraft III, which does NOT rely on "War3.mpq".