• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

uhh... spell tutorial?? learn to help some ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Tail of The Wyrm, just because you wish for a tutorial doesn't mean that someone will actually make it. We are all busy, have real lives as well and writing a tutorial is not a simple thing. Replying to threads takes me about 10 minutes (more or less... depending on the number of threads) since I know the most important triggers (Mostly UNit triggers, conditions, and others) and don't need to open and look into the WE. But of course, during the night (day in USA), I for one sleep and so, I am unable to answer to the threads.

And back to the tutorial stuff, I understand the problem and somehow, I agree with it but I don't find making a tutorial for a subject so vast a simple stuff. Can you be more specific? Effects like what? And most advanced effects are done in JASS more effectivly. And not everyone knows JASS so...

~Daelin

Level 7
I would tent to agree with Daelin, writing a tutorial would be murder. Just be like me and learn for your own damn selves. Noone ever really helped me I had to experiment and try stuff out. Now in the last 2 months I am exploring triggers and such. And if you are really hung up on reading a tutorial then read an already created one. Besides most trigger functions have a short little write up at the bottom saying what they are used for and the names in the object editor ought to be self evident

Level 7
Well then let them take their time and learn, applied learning is about the best you can get. Look at me, 2 months ago I had never even opened the editor before. Now I can do rudimentry triggers and stuff. Besides, what 8 year old do you know that wants to be playing with the editor? they should wait till they are older and guaranteed to be nerds before they start up playing with it

Status
Not open for further replies.