• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TWiSTED METaL: URBaN ASSaULT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Twisted Metal is still in development. The game will be truely unique, and have emense replay value. As of the moment I am still under level development, I need help from someone. I have put a lot of work into the map, and I am ready to get someone else on board to help me do a small laundry list of things that NEED to be done to the map. It will be a HateWarrior and <YourName> project. But don't get me wrong it needs a good amount of work, but nothing undoable.

If I can find someone that has previouse experience from working on Azeroth Grand Prix that would be excellent. But most importantly someone who is a experienced map maker, who can code, JASS, and all that fancy stuff. The coding and JASS is a big must! And of course anybody with ideas!

Please message me if you are interested, I would love to hear feedback! Thank you!

TwistedMetalScreen1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Yo, I'm pretty sure there are alot of War3 players who don't know what Twisted Metal is. You should really explain what it is, what your map is going to be like and what you have done so far... so people have a clue what is going on and if they can or want to be of assistance. Trust me, it really puts a downer on your map when you don't post correctly and get no feedback, I know from experience. Use some colourful text in your description too, that's totally a must... it draws in the suckers lolllllll. good luck with it anyhow, i can see how twisted metal could be a good idea for a mod

Level 19
So whare is the map ?

and Dont talk about Jass if you dont know it

*Close this thread please (because of MaP NaMe)*

Level 2
What do you mean? Don't talk about Jass if I don't know it, of course I don't know it that's why I need the help. It's going to be quite a doozy of a map, but I need the proper person to assist me with this project. I think anyone would be proud to have there name attached to this. For those who do not know, Twisted Metal is a classic car combat video game on the PSX and PS2. One of the best video games of all time, in my humble opinion. Anyone interested?

Level 3
What do you mean? Don't talk about Jass if I don't know it, of course I don't know it that's why I need the help. It's going to be quite a doozy of a map, but I need the proper person to assist me with this project. I think anyone would be proud to have there name attached to this.

Try posting terrain screenshots and stuff. Also (if anyone takes this up) arrow keys lag on battlenet like hell which totally ruins any chance of this game being fun as a arrow-key game. By the way use HindyHat's SEE v1.2 its really easy to use and can use all the physics you need very easily (I know from experience).

Level 2
what kind of physics? Like driving, or going over ramps and actually leaving the ground? By the way like I said before I am almost at the end of my knowledge of mapmaking and need further assistance to complete the map.

Level 11
Personally i'd love to play this, single player ecspecially because me and friend grew up on these games, i remember finding secrets like jumping onto buildings secret power ups. You definetly need Clown, even though I hate his vehicle he is the figurehead/mascot of Twisted Metal.

Level 2
These are the things I need assistance with:

*Someone who can take out the laps that was from Grand Prix, thats all coding and JASS, and when I try to remove some of the code it severely messes with the map, making it unsavable. It just says your on Lap 1 the whole game, but the laps do not register at all. So, the only reason I want it gone is because it's an eye soar seeing that in a car combat game.

*I will take anyone who can recreate the classic weaponry from the video games. Like Remote Mine, Proximity Mines, Envy, Freeze, Napalm, Fire missile, SWARM, Richochet, and anything else!

*Fix any lag problem (In my tests I've noticed none, but I haven't brought it to B.Net)

*Bring 4 new cars to the table but for this to happen I would need a dedicated and experienced modeler and animator.

*And of course someone who can bring even more then that to the table!

Thats all! If I need more then one person, then so be it! Whoever can do this, and do it well I will split credit with! Thank you!

TwistedMetalScreen5.jpg

TwistedMetalScreen4.jpg

Did I mention as of the moment the entire map is.. 100% destructable?

Last edited:
Level 2
Basically, your not doing anything?

Listen, nobody here even made Azeroth Grand Prix. Thats a Blizzard made map, thats why its in your map files when you patch your wc3 :xxd:.

Also, you should give more information.

Good luck getting any help with the attitude also.
Your right I haven't done anything.. :slp:But the months I put into the map...
If you read anything on this thread you would have read I have put a great deal into the map. And I know that Blizzard Entertainment did Azeroth Grand Prix :hohum: I was referring to anybody that made a map based off of the original map, like another racing map, the HiveWork Shops Grand Prix, for example. :con: And try to us all a favor, and read the thread before you post. :thumbs_down: And your totally right, I am the one with the attitude.:eekani:

TwistedMetalScreen2.jpg

Level 11
100% destructible...sweet.. great terrain btw

i dunno if you said this, may have missed it but did you make the outlaw model(spectre i know you didn't it's an old wc3.c model.)

Level 2
Obviously NEED_O2 you have no idea what you are talking about, sense you have not played my map. And I've done a lot recoding, a lot! Just to make it not register laps when you are roaming around took a lot of work, especially with someone with no previouse experience in coding, sense everytime I removed code, or removed regions the map would not work. So to get the map where it's at now, took months and a lot of dedication. The only thing I need help is with what I mentioned above. It's basically done. So saying I can only terrain, and replace models is quite a ignorant thing to say. Sense, I made a completely destructable enviroment, which isn't easy if you know anything about map development.

Rakdos, Defiler actually I got the Spectre model from this site, I just reskinned it to make look the paint was tearing off. And here is something that might get TM fans excited. I made each individual cars handleing, speed, takeoff, and life vastly different. So each car is unique. The SPECIALS for each individual car is something I will like help with so that it's perfect. And like I said before everything is destructable, the trees, all the buildings, street lights, everything!

Level 11
I can try to help with specials, but can't promising anything cause i'm not an "omgz roxxor uber triggerer" who does nothing on a map but trigger. Lol, but you can come to me for councle, if you have msn, click my little msn icon under my name and avatar. Otherwise can talk here

Status
Not open for further replies.