• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning a building from start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay so this is what I'm having trouble with.
In my map I want a barrack to turn the direct opposite way of the normal placement way(It is a building that is starting in the map if that is any help to you or making it possible(Its possible since I have seen it I just don't know why :( ))
I believed it could be done without triggers but maybe that is me(Also tried didn't know how the **** to do it) Thanks for reading and admin(s) if its trigger and when it gets answered please move it to trigger forum thanks.

Level 9
Yup, triggers, but it's pretty simple:

• Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Position of (Triggering unit)), facing Number degrees
Set Number to the degree you need, and don't forgot to kill the position leak.

Level 3
Also in Gameplay Constants you can change building facing degrees. Yet this changes all the buildings, which I guess you don't want(?) Just letting you know in case you didn't ;)

Level 6
According to your question, you want your starting building to face other directions instead of the default facing.
You're right! You can do it without triggers! In object editor>unit> then select your building, then find the "Stats - Is a building" set it to false. Now go to your unit placed in the map, click it, Ctrl + left-click to where you want the building to face. After having your desired angle, set the "Stats - Is a building" back to true.
I already used that method in some of my map and it worked.

Level 6
okay here is how to do it with killing the memory leak. in case, this is still unsolved.
first create a variable called TempLoc and set it to a point, next make a trigger like this. or add the actions to an already created trigger.

[trigger="your trig"]
Face Point
Events
Map Initialization //can be changed to whatever you need
Conditions
Actions
Set Temp_Loc = ((Position of (your unit)) offset by (0.00, 5.00))
Unit - Make (your unit) face TempLoc
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
[/trigger]

((Position of (yourunit)) offset by (0.00, 5.00))
^^^^> That will make your unit face North (up)
(0.00, -5.00)) will make it face South (down)
(5.00, 0.00)) will make it face East (right) and
(-5.00, 0.00)) will make it face West (left)

if you need a more specific direction just use a combination of those. or just ask me :thumbs_up: Hope It Helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.