• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I broke my fist yesterday attempting to break through my door.
Just went home from the 6 hours doctor visit.

Hand was dislocated and broken.

Good fight mr.door.
Good fight 6 weeks off my life with a bandage on my arm.

Door: 1
Fist: 0

Level 24
Sounds like that door really had it coming :p so while you're still surfing with your feets I want to ask how is this going to affect Hagges work since I gues you cant make maps with 1 hand?

Sverkerman

Level 17
Hagge is not working what so ever. He lost his inspiration and wont work until it returns.

I am thinking about how I am going to manage my company which will develope a kind of Bosses of Warcraft inspired ORPG.

That wont happen until 2 years tho

Level 24
Sounds fun, so I gues you know alot of programing then? But do you think Hagge will ever get back his inspiration or did he jump of the project permanently?

Level 6
Not permanently, although I NEVER promise anything. Never.

As I said, I got really burned out after working everyday for two weeks at this, for several hours per day.
I've also realized how much triggering I actually have ahead of me, which is painful, and It will take a really long time if I work at a normal pace, which is quite depressing.

I would really, really like some help with creating NPC's so I can start focusing on classes and enemy spells. And the loot system needs a ton of rework as well... I honestly get tired just thinking about it. Creating NPC's is just so repetitive and as I've ran out of inspiration, it feels like I have to force every quest, every element of the game, and that can't be any good.

I don't think it will be bad, It's not that, It isn't. It's just that everything needs to be very controlled when doing this in first-person, It's like reworking the engine (Changes how you move, how you pick up items, how you fight etc etc). Just adding a single NPC requires changing quite a lot of variables, and It's a slow process, especially when your out of ideas.

I have currently done 9342 (487172 characters) lines of code within 66 triggers, although some are HUGE.
for example here is the biggest: "interact items":

EDIT:
Couldn't post it, the trigger took 118080 characters, and maximum allowed was 80.000 :/
It's pretty much the trigger that makes things happen when different items are used. Lots of conditions to check which one...

Last edited:
Level 16
Why don't you simply read some vJASS tutorials and use it? Interfaces, and the whole OOP desing is just awesome.
I've done today two heroes (10 abils) in 2 hours, that would normally take me like 2 days (if they would be even possible - I don't think that without my CC handling system it'd be possible to convert the hero's AD to CC reduction)

I suggest you to learn vJASS - the learning phase is funny, and the profit - kinda self-speaking. Interfaces, modules, things like that make developing super fast.

Let's hope the bests, I think this project is cool and kinda unique :p

Level 24
What do you mean with getting help with making NPC's do you mean suggestions or making the npc's themselves? Even though my triggering skills are verry limited I cant help you much with that but if you ever would want me to do something I'm capeble of just ask me ;)

Level 6
Why don't you simply read some vJASS tutorials and use it? Interfaces, and the whole OOP desing is just awesome.
I've done today two heroes (10 abils) in 2 hours, that would normally take me like 2 days (if they would be even possible - I don't think that without my CC handling system it'd be possible to convert the hero's AD to CC reduction)

I suggest you to learn vJASS - the learning phase is funny, and the profit - kinda self-speaking. Interfaces, modules, things like that make developing super fast.

Let's hope the bests, I think this project is cool and kinda unique :p

I know pretty much how vJass works, however I dont care much for going indepth with it and learn all the natives. In that case I'd rather focus my time on learning Java better.

I will not discuss why I'm using mostly GUI.

But, yeah, I considered doing this in JASS, but sverkerman said no and I had to agree, all pretty much because of natives.

Level 24
Well as I've always said GUI is for winners :) But while that door is in corner and is ashamed for what he/she has done you should take this time to do what you can do with one hand like creating mobs which could save this project alitle time.

Sverkerman

Level 17

dsc00061ys.jpg

dsc00060jo.jpg
Looks inspiring to you?

Level 24
Thanks that gave me an idea for my warcraft 3 map for how I can build the elves sanctuary so yes inspiering, anyhow I takes that as a no.

Level 6
It's friday. Making a hashtable that remembers which NPC's you defeated in combat.

Sometimes you kinda wish it was a singleplayer first-person puzzle map instead. I'm starting to worry about how the map will function on multiplayer. I hope it won't be buggy and lack conent on multiplayer.

Level 12
haha, zomg your hand!

Btw, your maps makes me feel so noob. :x

and, lol your mouse xD

Sverkerman

Level 17
This is what we gonna do. Hagge5 is going to add stuff during the remainimg 5 weeks of my hand recovering, then im going to terrain the rest of the map and then we add the last parts and done.

sry bout mispells in these next 5 weeks. typing with my left hand.

Level 24
Hehe if you think you're the only one on the internet that spells incorectly then you're going to be suprised ;)

Sverkerman

Level 17
I am here to announce something sad.

Truevision will be known as the Warcraft 3 mod which would have made Warcraft 3 history with over 9000 followers!

After that Hagge5 (Also known as Hannes) yesterday announced to me that he cannot see himself finishing the project it is being abandoned.

I used roughly 900 hours terraining it and Hagge5 roughly 200 hours coding it.

From my part, this project was not a waste. I've discovered that my terrain is highly appreciated and for that I am extreamly greatful. I have also been given the oppourtunity to show Hiveworkshop that I have the resourses to create something amazing.

Also, I promised you guys, my followers, the ones that appreciate my work, a Warcraft 3 breaking map.

And guess what...
Even tho I only have 1 hand to work with...

I am going to create something amazing. A Single Player RPG map containing the absolute latest in Warcraft 3 technology. Expect it to be atleast 50MB big.

However with Hagge5 out of the picture this is something I cannot create on my own! I need help! I need your help!

I am going to build an elite Warcraft 3 map developing team.

Following spots are available:
*Coder
*2D Graphic
*3D Graphic
*Artwork manager
*Other

Are you interested in joining my developing team?
Apply by either adding me on skype (Zorenas_adrian) or writing me a PM here on THW. You do not need a micophone, you just need to know about your part within the project!

And guys thank you all for this amazing time we had together developing Truevision! As a thanks, I present to you, Truevision 0.04! (UNPROTECTED!)

Before you download here are the rules
*Systems inside Truevision may be copied.
*Truevision may be shared.
*Truevision may NOT be continued by anyone else than people with permission from BOTH of the authors.
*Any questions will be answered by me, Sverkerman, personally through skype.
*Enjoy our work!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=frxets

Level 12
booo.jpg

i almost fall off the chair :O
--
i really liked the combat system, the map got a lot of 'Glow' effects (glow is the laggyest thing in wc3) but its ok sverk (its very beautyfull), at movement system.. front movement loops and its very hard to stop where u need stop xD, really nice UI, really nice itens as dialog system (very unique).

well, i just love it! :)

Level 24
That's bad to hear that Hagge quit the project, anyway you should write what people are allowed to do in green colour and what they're not allowed to do in green since red mostly means not okey.

Level 6
Yah, sry guys. I couldn't see any conclusion in a reasonable amount of time. We both agreed it was for the best. Now I can focus on other things, like Java.

Any questions regarding the triggers can be answered by me instead (hagge_95 @ Skype, or pm)

I hope none of you is all too disapointed. You should at least know that the reason I stayed this long was all because of you guys, thank you.

*Dramatic farewell* :goblin_cry:

booo.jpg

i almost fall off the chair :O
--
i really liked the combat system, the map got a lot of 'Glow' effects (glow is the laggyest thing in wc3) but its ok sverk (its very beautyfull), at movement system.. front movement loops and its very hard to stop where u need stop xD, really nice UI, really nice itens as dialog system (very unique).

well, i just love it! :)

Haha, scared of dat?
Pass through the walls of thw hite city and travel to the mansion, I'm quite proud of that part. It's decently frightening and has the only enemy that fights back (I had system for spells).

As I say to alot of people, I recommend you to try amnesia
Link

Level 12
Yah, sry guys. I couldn't see any conclusion in a reasonable amount of time. We both agreed it was for the best. Now I can focus on other things, like Java.

Any questions regarding the triggers can be answered by me instead (hagge_95 @ Skype, or pm)

I hope none of you is all too disapointed. You should at least know that the reason I stayed this long was all because of you guys, thank you.

*Dramatic farewell* :goblin_cry:

Haha, scared of dat?
Pass through the walls of thw hite city and travel to the mansion, I'm quite proud of that part. It's decently frightening and has the only enemy that fights back (I had system for spells).

As I say to alot of people, I recommend you to try amnesia
Link

i have this game xD
i had the same reaction (i was playing it on 3:34 am)

Level 24
Even though all of us would have wanted to see this project finished it's sadly to late to do anything about it :(

Level 24
I would love to if you think that's a good idea you already know pros and cons about me so I gues you've thought this through anyways if you want me I'd gladly join.

Edit: And since Hagge is no longer in the picture we dont have a problem any more :) (No offense Hagge)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Kunfury add my skype, I wish to speak with you.

Also isn't anyone else interested in joining aswell? I mean it is a pretty good deal you got here if you wish to join a serious Director's Cut map making team. Even if your experience is low it can be needed!

Cmon guys I still need a photoshopper!

Level 24
I dont know if he is eager to join a bigger project but if I would like to see anyone be our photoshoper it would be AL0NE he's as I said earlier a blessed miracle whn it comes to these things, you should ask him it's beter then just sit and wait.

Level 24
Website I think Aikola handles and it seems like we have enough lore writers however if Sverker feels diffrent you should join.

Sverkerman

Level 17
A Tale of Adventure
Game:
1: Cinematic.
2: Play as Light and survive in the forest.
3: Grow up.
4: Build up your reputation.
5: Claim your revenge upon the killers of your parents.
6: Next game

1:
The cinematic starts by showing how light and his family lives peacefully in the forest. It will show partnership, love, cooperation and how hard it is to live inside the untamed forests far beyond Ravenholdt. His parents then gets killed by soldiers from Ravenholdt but Light manages to escape deeper into the forest.

2:
Heat, water, food and sleep will be the stats which you need to provide Light with. We will add a lot of variables to surviving while playing Light such as:
*Is the water drinkable?
*Can I eat this carcass?
*Can I sleep here?
*Is this eatable?
*Will this do as building material?
etc…

Your mission while playing Light as a child is to survive until he grows up which will happen about approximately after 45 minutes of game play.

3:
When he grows up his mission will be to gain reputation within the nearest town which he thinks is the cause of the death of his parents. This is where the actual campaign begins. You gear up, train yourself within a profession, choose who to treat as friends and who to treat as enemies, complete quests, gain reputation with different factions and so on.

4:
There will be loads of different factions inside the game. Each faction has its benefits. Some factions hate each other and can even be at war. In this case you will lose reputation with the faction which is at war with the one that you help.

5:
The main goal with the game is to claim your revenge upon the killers of your parents. They are soldiers wearing the tabard of Ravenholdt so you assume that they are there. Once they are killed (which requires a lot of gear) you will gain information about the town being controlled by a giant monster which forced Ravenholdt to claim the forests. Once he is killed he mentions on his death bed that he also was controlled by someone. It will continue like that until the last boss is defeated and you win the game.

6:
We will create a follow-up series.

Systems that we will use:
*Full screen inventory system.
*Profession talent tree.
*3rd person camera system.

Other notes:
*80% of the environment will be interact able.
*Each faction will have its own tabard.
*All houses will be enterable (We will NOT use some kind of teleport system to a hidden area which will symbolize the insides of the house, the houses will simply be enterable.)

Staff:
*Project Leader (Design + Terraining) – Sverkerman (1 person)
*Photoshopper 2D Art (Loading screen, Custom UI, Mouse, Map, Map preview, Additional art) - ?, ? (2 persons)
*Lore (Story, how things are connected) – Lowe (1 person)
*Coder (Full screen inventory system, Interact system, 3rd person camera system and more) - ?, ?, ? (3 persons)
*Beta Testers - ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? (10 persons)

Level 24
Well you can see what we need here and if you're not intrested of being a coder or photoshoper you can always be a beta tester. We need beta testers so if you have played alot of games know what to expect know what other games have done good and bad and want to come with helpfull suggestions how to improve the game please report.

Edit: Veware that it can take a while before you have something to Beta test but in our eyes you will be just as an important member of the team as anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.