1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Troll Raptor-Rider

Submitted by Lord_T
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A Troll Raptor Rider model made for an upcoming campaign. Made using Milkshape, based off Archmage model, custom animations.

Thanks to Hawkwing for inspiration, criticism, and a few mesh edits.

Please Do not edit or distribute to other sites without my permission.
Give Credit if used in your map.

Update Log:

1.0 - Upload
1.1 - Uploaded Ice, changed Raptor color

Keywords:
Troll, Raptor, Mounted, Warrior, Spear, Jungle, Ice, Dinosaur, Horde
Contents

Jungle and Ice Troll Raptor Riders (Model)

Jungle and Ice Troll Raptor Riders (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] 3/5 Works in game, animations are decent, the UV is a bit messy, but quite creative. Overall pretty nice. --donut3.5--
  1. [APPROVED]
    3/5
    Works in game, animations are decent, the UV is a bit messy, but quite creative. Overall pretty nice.
    --donut3.5--

2. VectorxMan

VectorxMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful and long-awaited. Works in-game for me. This is going to be popping up on maps like crazy.

3. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Face on the raptor looks messed... Nice use of Naga texture I gusse, though.

4. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks nice, it go right along with al those other racial cavalry models, like the Dwarf Ram Rider, and the High Elf Tiger Rider, etc.

5. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    horn should probably be coming out of the nose instead of the forehead...

6. NO_exe

NO_exe

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    indeed, but the UV-Mapping needs some improvements and plz use naga royal guard texture, a green raptor would be better

7. Zaljinzoo

Zaljinzoo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Finally I've been waiting for one of theese for a long time! THANK YOU! 5/5 for making it lol

8. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool and very usefull! I rate it 4/5 cuz the raptor looks angular and the spear looks a bit strange, but for the rest it's great!

9. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks good ... but uv sux , need some work
    gj

10. kommunist

kommunist

Resources:
    Resources:
    wery good , wery great, like this :grin:

11. Night_Gob

Night_Gob

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nah if you use it on a normal map without zooming close up to the head its looks just fine. many Blizzard models have really ugly heads if you zoom that close to them as well.

nice work 5/5

12. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Green would be better, but 5/5 since its different yet good.

13. Soul of Death

Soul of Death

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this model!

Its very good. The head on the raptor is a bit messed, but you can't really tell in game.

4.9/5!!!

14. Evilblade

Evilblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Loooks goooood.

15. 1)arkdemon

1)arkdemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool just wish it had fingers...

16. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The UV should be fixed, it is calling for an update. Some of the animations need some work, for Stand - 2 make sure they move their heads different directions and at different times. For Death you need to make it happen slower. Perhaps slowly fall down on to his side then in his final breathes, lift up his head and make a loud screech.

The area where his skull should be should be more visible, right now it looks like he has a never ending neck. The arms should be much thinner compaired to the massive legs it should have, and the claws/nails don't look great. They look pryed upwards and he only has one on each leg / arm. You desperatley need to give him a new saddle and when the skin, which is being made, is done you can use that for it. Also, his tail needs to be longer, it looks small and baby-like. He is a manly raptor!

Also, from what I can see.. The troll on the left is an Ice Troll and the Troll on the right is a Forest Troll. I do not see any Jungle Trolls.

Overall pretty nice. I would agree with Donut, 3/5.. The animations need some touch ups and the mesh just needs some finalizing. I love your model but there is still a bit of room for improvement.

A final little note I wish to leave: "I am only trying to give you the best critisism possible, not make everyone hate it. We all know you are very skilled and we want to keep it that way."

17. xreniox

xreniox

Resources:
    Resources:
    make some without raptors i like them the trolls with spear 10/5

18. Dinos_95

Dinos_95

Resources:
    Resources:
    i love it. A troll riding on a raptor very cool 5/5 :)

19. whitedragon254

whitedragon254

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finnaly man thank you GOD. Someone finnaly made this model. A little messed up with the face but overall is awesome 5/5.