Troll Manhunter

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
OMG grendul y is all of ur modles have skall helmets?

well you gotta admit, anything that wears skulls as helmets look badass.

Update:
-fixed some unconnected vertices on his arms that shows up during animations.

and some more updates:
-added hero glows. model is now currently a hero.
-also added a spinning animation much like the one blademaster has.
-ALSO added a talking portrait.

-Updated with sfx.

Keywords:
troll, predator, large, blades, to, compensate, for, something...
Contents

Troll Manhunter (Model)

Troll Manhunter (Model)

Reviews
20:04, 20th May 2014 MiniMage: A wonderful troll hero. Has a truly wc3 ish feel. Well done. Works flawlessly ingame and the portrait looks great as well.

M

20:04, 20th May 2014
MiniMage: A wonderful troll hero. Has a truly wc3 ish feel. Well done.
Works flawlessly ingame and the portrait looks great as well.

Level 3
Something feels a bit off about the (Attack 1) animation, it seems like if it clips a bit into his own head. Not sure if it will look like that in game though.

Level 16
The leg structure is too animalistic they resemble more a goatman or a satyr otherwise preety impressive.

I would also preety much like to see the animal to whom this skull belonged to. :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
Wow. As stated in VM's, this is
pretty.
dang.
schweet.

I just really like it. You have a way around models that just screams "WARCRAFT". The oversized super-blades, the massive body-spanning mohawk, the giant nasty skull-face, huge tusks, and beautiful dangly bone-bangles... Ahhh.

It absolutely kills me that I'm not sure if this can fit in my works. But I'm willing to talk it out. :p

~

Anyway. Overall I think it's pretty excellent. In-game textures are forever and always my baby. :p

Thoughts:
  • I'm a little worried about that "Attack-1"; it doesn't seem to have the 'punch' (no 'pun'-ch intended (PUN TOTALLY INTENDED :D)) that it needs, especially compared to the Attack-2. Since 2 is a side-ways slice, perhaps modify 1 to be more of an obvious uppercut?
  • I'm also grateful for the plentiful Spell anims (something missing that all Heroes need), but I'm surprised a simple "Attack Slam" didn't make it in; something nasty with both blades spinning. Or goring! Or drawing a picture in the blood of his enemies. :p
  • No SFX?
  • Also, consider adding a bit more TeamColor; the Hero Glow helps, but I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate uploaded version as a unit, and if so he'd need it. More than the massive mohawk. Why aren't the red stripes on his shoulder-plate TC? (isn't it just the Shadow Hunter's mask?)
  • As aforementioned, a Unit version would be sick.
  • For the Hero version, I kinda feel like he needs more of a "facial presence", something to give him a personality; the skull-mask is awexome, but masks (pun not intended) his face. Could there be evil red/yellow eyes (magicky eyes?) floating in the pits of the skull? Just a thought.

Anyway, seriously looking cool.

Level 3
Yeah XD I noticed when I tested it in the editor, and I was just logging in to mention that it works fine. (Rating Changed to 5/5) Great Work once again!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
Kyrbi0 said:
Thoughts:
  • I'm a little worried about that "Attack-1"; it doesn't seem to have the 'punch' (no 'pun'-ch intended (PUN TOTALLY INTENDED :D)) that it needs, especially compared to the Attack-2. Since 2 is a side-ways slice, perhaps modify 1 to be more of an obvious uppercut?
  • I'm also grateful for the plentiful Spell anims (something missing that all Heroes need), but I'm surprised a simple "Attack Slam" didn't make it in; something nasty with both blades spinning. Or goring! Or drawing a picture in the blood of his enemies. :p
  • No SFX?
  • Also, consider adding a bit more TeamColor; the Hero Glow helps, but I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate uploaded version as a unit, and if so he'd need it. More than the massive mohawk. Why aren't the red stripes on his shoulder-plate TC? (isn't it just the Shadow Hunter's mask?)
  • As aforementioned, a Unit version would be sick.
  • For the Hero version, I kinda feel like he needs more of a "facial presence", something to give him a personality; the skull-mask is awexome, but masks (pun not intended) his face. Could there be evil red/yellow eyes (magicky eyes?) floating in the pits of the skull? Just a thought.
Welp, Attack-1 animation is looking better, the armbands & shoulder-pad for more TC are perfect, the SFX is cool (I always love a hulking kind of "grr channeling"-type Channel animation, rather than dumb "waving arms around" that everything else has...) (though the purpley-clouds are weird for the Spell (then again, SFX are easy to edit, so no worries)), and the TC-eye-dots are perfect for giving him more character.

Somehow, unfortunately, there's still something that seems 'lacking' in terms of it being a Hero (as opposed to a unit)... This could just be my perception based on the other models I have as Heroes, though, so meh. :<

I guess I can just rip off the Hero Glows & reverse the Dissipate to make a Unit... Though he'll be missing Decay Bones. When you get a chance, Unit-version mayhaps? Or am I the only one that wants one? :p

That, and/or a Forest Troll version. I tried to switch the textures, but it wasn't done cleanly. :< But I suppose at this point I'm just being needy. xD

~~~

Once again, love the Troll-love.

Last edited:
Level 2
Found it very usefull. The animations are fantastic and the portrait looks great. Rather useful!

Level 3
A forest troll version of this model, and you have the actual Zul'Jin model to perfection. You should totally do that. If it takes like, 2 minutes or so.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
A forest troll version of this model, and you have the actual Zul'Jin model to perfection. You should totally do that. If it takes like, 2 minutes or so.
Unfortunately, it's not quite that easy. Many times, when a modeler uses a Troll skin, the textures are generally interchangeable between Jungle & Forest (as long as they used the Headhunter). You can do that for part of this guy... But other parts, they need a re-color. Specifically, at least the Batrider (for his legs).

I'm working on it. But it's not materializing anytime soon.

Level 18
This model looks good, very fitting if we wish to create some sort of Berserker unit or hero! Thanks!

Level 2
Damn, this model looks very good, and the icon is very much in line with the Manhunter's model, but also the icon is very like a cartoon or something, I would make it more smooth. But overall looks very cool, and the animations are very awesome. 9/10