• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers getting automatically disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have another dilema that requires aid:

Recently I upgraded to Windows Vista, and everything was going fine with WE, but one time when I tested out my map, all my triggers were disabled and no longer working in game. It was as if I had no triggers at all, none of them would run or execute. The funny thing is, when I open the map up in WE, they are all there, just the way I had them. Nothing seems to be wrong in the editor, but for some reason they don't work in game. I have a backup, but I have done a lot of terraining scince I last backed up the map so I would just like some help to fix this problem. ANY help is appreciated.

Level 6
No. Like I said, when I try and test is with or without WE, the game starts and the triggers don't run. All the custom objects are still there and function, but no trigger works. For example the black mask I have set up does not work at start-up. If you guys have any insight, it would help.

By the way, I don't want this to be a Windows Vista bashing thread, or used as a support for its supposed "lack of quality." Stay on topic please.

Level 7
sorry, can you send me the map, because i can't find you problem, maybe its becasue some trigger turn off you other triggers.
P.S Sorry about going off topic but it a fact that unknown bug heppen when you use warcarft or we with vista...

Last edited:
Level 6
I know for a fact that none of my triggers turn the others off. Sorry, I cannot, or will not send you the map. Looks like I will just have to start from my backup. *Sigh*

Level 19
Vista: I has c0.oL looking interface so u pikz me or fail. wut ?, u say that I use all CPU and RAM ? stfu fuckin noob what do you know about CPU Anyway

Um, I just want to say that I run vista. I hate vista alot, but it does look sleek and cool and appely, but it is freaking slow and makes some games lagg, for almost no reason. I havnt had a problem with warcraft 3, but some of the 3rd party tools I ran stopped working. Vista is a decent operating system, but Xp was alot faster. Warcraft 3 and vista seem pretty compatable though.

Level 6
Just to let you all know, I figured out my problem, and it had nothing to do with Vista. I guess some of my variable arrays were way to high (8192, or something) which would for some reason disable my triggers. I knew it wasn't Vista's fault.

Oh, and VISTA RULES!!!!

Level 6
Oh, just because I figured out my problem so this thread is basically obsolete. That and I am so sick of people hating Vista. Thanks for your guys help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.