• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger - issue order to cast spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hmm, it's odd, but is there no GUI trigger action that allows you to make a unit issue an order to cast a spell? Aside from issuing an order with no point which lets you cast a generic melee spell, is there anyway I can make it so I can use a trigger to make a unit cast a custom spell?

Just another question that just popped into my mind, but how can I make an upgrade that increases magic resistance? The Nightelf Resistant Skin upgrade seems to have no alterable data that affects magic resistance...

Level 7
  • EXAMPLE
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
In this command, anyone who is attacked that has an ability BASED on War Stomp will cast the ability. Even if the name of the ability is Earth Crash but it is BASED to War Stomp, then it will force the person WHO IS ATTACKED to casts that spell (if the person does have a skill based on War Stomp).

It also applies to other skills other than War Stomp...

Again, and please, keep it only at ONE post.

~

Yours Truly,

Thy FuKiN n0oB

Level 5
Okay I found why it really didn't work. The way it works is that the second form of the unit is supposed to be almost the same as the first, except have no attack. However, the second form retains its attack! I've made it so that none of either first or second attack are enabled, and even changed all the combat stats to 0, yet the second form still keeps the same attack ability it had in the first form... :confused:

[Edit] Now things are turning out even more weirder:

To illustrate the background, the settings are this: there is a unit that when it attacks once, a trigger gives it a modified bear form ability which changes it into a form of itself that has no attack and has the "reload" ability. There is also a trigger to remove the modified bear form ability once it is used.

So I go along and color the second form black, simply wondering if its actually changing, since the first is supposed to have atk but the second without atk (while in-game tests, both forms had attack). This time, it lost its reload ability for some reason, which is an ability of the second form. Before I added the part removing the bear form after use, the second unit still used to have its reload ability.

Any thoughts on why it isn't working?

[Edit 2] Hmm, it seems to be fixed now, nevermind bout that. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.