• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was wondering if maybe someone could help me with a trigger. What I need done, is I need it to be to where if one person makes a hero, no one else can make that hero (If this can be done). I.E. If I make a Paladin, then no one else that is Human in the game can make a Paladin.

Well, then a simple If/Then/Else condition will do that job:
  • One
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) controller) Equal to User
              • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
              • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Human //Race Comparison
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))
            • Else - Actions
I would limit the players' restriction from buying that hero only for those players that are currently playing the game and do not belong to computer as controller, because it will make less calls.

Level 5
Sorry it took so long for me to get back, this is for a melee map though. The way it's set up, is there are Unique heroes, that only can be made once, so that there isn't a bunch of the same person running around. So, would you trigger still work Pharaoh? Also, a little more detail, I'd really just like it if after the hero was made, it just took away the ability to create the hero on a building (I guess I didn't explain that well enough before, sorry). If this can't be done, then I'll just go with can't make it again :p

Sidenote: Thanks for all the response :) I tried ghosts, and it didn't quite work the way I had hoped :(

Status
Not open for further replies.