• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trial Import

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Speaking of wooden, a Pandaren theme for the hive would be great
What if we could do like UIs for the hive?
If you give us the main files of all the pictures that make up the layout of the site, we could have a forum whre people can post their own customizations?

Then someone can create the classic look easily, and people could choose for themselves what they are comfortable with.

Level 14
this UI idea sounds like a great idea!

@Ralle: With "Zoomed in", I meant that this little cow gif, I use as my icon, shows up way too large and therefore pretty ugly. I think this has been mentioned in one of the first posts already

The thumbnails of resource bundles is what I meant - while a lot more fit in as a result it's a lot more ugly by comparison (at least in my opinion) when the resources aren't laid out in a standard structure I think the size of the dummy recycler thumbnail (and thus how much space it occupies on the page) is probably the best example

Attachments

• Small thumbnails.png
    Small thumbnails.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Current thumbnails.png
    Current thumbnails.png
    399 KB · Views: 75
Hive 2 will not have "Needs Fix", You will just review updated bundles as they look like updated threads (updated as in new reply) and you will also get alerts when you subscribe to a bundle that is updated. You will just let "awaiting update" bundles stay in "Submissions".

Isn't it more messy if AwaitingUpdate and Pending are both in same categogry "Submissions"? It's even going one step back from current listing possibilites.
Seperating the different statuses seems better. :/

Roland

R

Roland

But the feature there I really fucking hate is he removed the VM making it public to see :mad: We all need some privacy when it comes to communicating hivers tho.

Level 28
Just in case it wasn't mentioned : The Reputation system isn't the same as Hive 1 I think. Why? Because in here I got (+1 blue and +2 green balls) therefore in Beta site I have (+1 Blue and +3 green balls)?
Note : the amount of reputation still the same though.

Oh and btw, I can't seem to find a way to edit the User title?
And when will we officially move to the new site? I been waiting for over a month now or more... and yet!...

Level 14
I would like to add something about that rep thing:

I would suggest to make the symbols a bit smaller and more uniform, similar as in hive 1.
Reason: It looks very turbulent, if you have different colours and symbols and sizes.

If you rather have almost uniform or completely uniform symbols that only differ by one or two parameters (like the color), it is much easier to look at.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I would like to add something about that rep thing:

I would suggest to make the symbols a bit smaller and more uniform, similar as in hive 1.
Reason: It looks very turbulent, if you have different colours and symbols and sizes.

If you rather have almost uniform or completely uniform symbols that only differ by one or two parameters (like the color), it is much easier to look at.

I actually agree with this, I'm not a fan of the new gems either.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I thought I had asked this before, but searching yielded no results.

Can we get rid of the thread auto-lock system? There's people needing mods all the time to reopen their threads and necro-posting ain't that much of a problem. It annoys me greatly when a thread already exists for a given subject, but I can't post in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.