• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Translate W3: WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, first of all my congratulations to all staff who are doing the project w3: WoW.

Do you have thought translate w3: WoW into other languages? If so, I would be happy to translate your campaign into Spanish.

Un saludo, Naxx_antiga :cute:

Last edited:
Level 4
Level 5
Anyway if you need help in serbian just call me.People in Balkan speak almost simillar languages.(They are all almost same)

Level 25
We probably won't be needing translators for a while, since we plan to do translations some time AFTER the Open BETA is released. It may not happen after the first Open BETA version either. May take two or three versions before we feel we can approach translators for this epic mod. Its a lot of work to do. Translation would just slow things down even more, which really isn't what we need right now.

~Craka_J

Level 2
The idea is completely retarded overall, it is not needed, and if anyone doesn't know english, how would they even end up playing this? Also, it is a FUCKING SHITLOAD of work that you don't even WANT to think about, people have no clue how much time this would take.

it is true
sry, i must: +rep xD

Level 4
I don't really think its necessary, I mean aren't you guys taught english in your countries? cause yeh most southeast asian nations don't even need their own language-version of wc3, we play and understand it well..

(sorry if ppl found this offensive, but I'm just voicing my opinion on this matter)

Level 34
You know there's no point in talking about translating wc3: WoW since it's nowhere near completion?

Level 25
TriggerHappy187, you may be more right than you know. Heh. It is extremely doubtful that this entire project will be totally completed, both Kalimdor and Lordaeron, at least to an extent where they are playable. However, I will try to dedicate myself and try to keep the real hard working members of the team motivated to push on for us to at least almost complete one of the continents. Only time will tell if we ever get that far. So far, much time has been wasted.

~Craka_J

Level 5
It would be too much to hope for the project to ever be actually completed. There's WAY too much to do. Every Wc3 project seems to be doomed from the beginning and this one is probably the biggest Wc3 project ever.
Anyway, Good work so far :thumbs_up:

Level 25
The final public version we release will be the chosen version to be translated into several different languages. English is number one priority of course, so until the English version is completed, all you foreign fans will have to either wait for the translated version or wait for the English version.

~Craka_J

Level 5
If you need a translation into Bulgarian I'm your guy!
Seriously, I'm completely bilingual as my dad's from Scotland and my mum is from Bulgaria

First of all: They certainly don't need translators right now (as everybody's said before)
Secondly: As iPeez said everything sounds/looks better in english. Every game translated to swedish that I've tried SUCKS. It just sounds so unimaginably stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.