• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i make a spell that transforms a hero into another hero with different skills and stats?

Level 7
try hiding your hero and creating another one (then set and level item exp and everything else)
or you can try massing around with choas and robo-goblin, but those doesn't support different spells well.

Level 2
but that will leave the hero icon in the top left also i want it in a spell form, kinda like illians move -forgot the name- he turns into a demon, like that just dont keep the same skills

Level 7
by using the "hide" I meant
  • Unit - Hide (Triggering Unit)
It will hide the hero's icon too.

Also which skill do you mean? unit or hero?

Level 2
Oh sorry xD

also can u tell me how to do it entirely? like how do i put it in a spell form and make it trigger to swap heros in such. ya know

Level 7
  • Transformation
  • Transformation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Transformation
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Set TEMP_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TEMP_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics
      • For each (Integer Integer_C) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Integer_C) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Leaks fixed.

Note: If this trigger kills one hero and creates another, so if your win/lose condition is kill this hero, it will bug.

Edit: Add hide at the start. (Map not change)

Attachments

• Transformation.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 2
nah no win/lose and thanks ALOT! :p if i knew how to give u rep i would xD

how do i set it for one units?

Level 7
what do you mean? you mean that when hero A cast it ,hero A turns into hero B, and when hero B cast it, it turn into hero A?

If you don't want it to change to blood mage, just change the "blood mage" in this line
  • Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TEMP_Point facing Default building facing degrees

Level 13
BTW your first action should be to hide the triggering unit so you can create the unit on him

if you create a unit on unit that is not hidden he will not be created on him but next to him,first hide triggering unit and it will look better

Level 7
are you sure? I tried and it doesn't work, could you upload a test map which works with bear form?

when I tried using bear form, the model changes, but the stats doesn't, nor does the spells change.

Level 2
Thanks alot guys! but yeh what i ment was "second hero" as in how do i change it back? make a second set of triggers? also! how can i make it so it so spawns right on top of the hero insted in a region?

Level 2
Hey thanks alot guys :D

also can u help me again? xD, how do i make a "skill" for a unit to have a "miss" chance e.g archer has a 50% chance to miss when they shoot there target,

-- is there a way to make an item transform a unit into something? as like i asked before but with an item? like once picked it it does the transform?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.