• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Train wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Anyone who regularly reads intenrational headlines will probably know of the really bad trainwreck that happened in Japan on monday. That accident happened within walking distance of my place here. Its disturbing, yet incradible every time I see it, the destructive power of a hollow speeding tin can did more damage in one second then a tank could do with half a dozen HEAT rounds could do in a minute. We're talking a packed train cars crushed literally like soda can while clearing out half of an entire floor from the building it hit...almost 4 days since the wreck happened and they still pulling people out.

Today I noticed a few of the workers wearing gas masks. Stuck me at odd first, but then realized it had been getting hot recently. Cram a pile of bodies in a enclosed area, wrap them in several layers of steel and then heat it for 4 days, and what do you get...?

man, I don't even want to think about it...

Its funny how tha Japanese leftists are already screaming "conspiricy!"...right, as if some rich railroad exec just woke up one morning as said to himself "Y'know, I think I'll have one of my drivers derail his train at 140 kph today and slam it head-long into a residential structure....yeah, sounds good...I'll make a few phonecalls..." No. When people want to commit suicide, then jump in FRONT of trains, not drive them. If you looks at today's netscape news they explain how harsh JR is with its employees who are late behind schedule. I agree with it 100%. Granted, there was evidence that the train may have ran over some large debris at the turn, but what else would makea driver take a turn at 2x the speed limit after getting delayed at the previous station? And its funny how every little train incident is now headline news on Japanese TV...before it was about every day some idiot in a car tries to beat the train at the crossing and gets nailed and never got mentioned before, now its a frenzy...lol...media works in funny ways....

Two of the people killed were students at my university. I didnt know them, but I'll be attending the school's memorial service for them. That, complete with final exams and putting up with the real-word idiocy around me from day to day...feeling really tired today.

Why am I writing this?...I dunno...I just had "one of those days" today and feel like ranting. I'll probably visit Eusira's thread very soon.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Hmm dont understand excatly but was is a suicide?Because you talked about they should have just jumped in FRONT of the Train...

But if it was suicide, i believe they wanted to take some peopel with them, otherwise nobody would care, they may have thought...

Level 4
guess it was only a eufemism Volrath, if a person JUMPS IN FRONT of a train it its going to be overunned, anihilated, crushed. crumbled, and definetely dead before it can even says "Ouch". and the train would keep running due to the speed of the wagon the driver wouldnt notice the person until the last hour, and trains cant just turn, he most break it.

anyway it must pretty hard to see all these havoc in front of ur house VGsatomi, it makes me thinks how frail humanity is...

Level 6
I didn´t came up with the Jump in Front... and sure i know they would be DEAD and no harm would come to the train...but that was the point in it, but instead it was about that the driver of the train commit suicide!

He wanted to inflict large damage to the whole area and take many other people with him, so he wont be forgotten so soon...not just commit suicide...

That was what i meant!

Level 4
got ur point :wink:

X_x what a evil driver he would be, if he want to commit suicide at least dont take others with him!

i wonder why these kinds of accidents (both natural and man-caused) nearly happen here, as for natural ones, they never happen absolutely (thx dear Earth for sparing us of earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, vulcanic Xplosions and falling comets :D )

unfortunately not everything here is flowers though, guess we got the most descarate and open traffic in the world. they just act as there were no law enforcements. corruption of the law is an everlasting presence here, and the slow justice service.its like having a civil war with only one winning side that endures for decades. it was already proven that the number of oficially dead (not counting the covered bodys) here in 2 years were the double who were killed in Iraq when Bush had the stupid idea of making war (not that stupid, he wanted money and oil and he got it)

anyway i didnt meant to break any rulez about drug stuff just meant to spoke a lil of my country's own tragedys tough.

Level 12
Just heard this on the news. Feel glad you weren't a victim, satomi. :)

Executives asking for suicide for one of their workers... what's next? A late warning for tsunamis? I feel bad now if Hawaii's going to have a subway system.

Level 22
It wasnt suicide. Thats just what the poeple screaming "conspiracy" want to believe. Whenever a disaster happens, and this goes for anywhere in the world, people like having something concrete to point a finger at and say "its your/that fault!"

In this situation, there was so many factors involved that there isnt anything single or solid to blame. The driver was rushed and behind schedule, the tracks were old with faulty auto-brake safety systems, there was a new discovery in wheel friction and derailment that no one knew before, evidence of debris on the tracks....seemed like all the negative karma in the whole world was against the driver that day.

@ seagull....a subway in Hawaii? Condsidering how badly that place floods when the heavy storms hit, that would be a disaster waiting to happen :lol: .
-VGsatomi

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
@ seagull....a subway in Hawaii? Condsidering how badly that place floods when the heavy storms hit, that would be a disaster waiting to happen :lol: .
-VGsatomi

hawaii'ans may be wise enough to put elevators to take people in these subways, ever tought of that?
or maybe they gots flood gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.