• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Trackables help,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there anyone experienced with trackables, that can help me with a FPS/TPS map? all my JASS scripts give me errors.. and i dont know why, so if someone could help me it will be greatly apprieciated. thanks in advance :p

Level 5
Not anyone atall? its a good idea believe me :)
Edit: Okay well, what i want is to have a sniper looking through a scope, and it is centered on the cursor, and when they move, the camera follows it so whereever you move your cursor you look at,up down left right.I have a fade filter that i can use,(i stole it off xXTrickyXx, i will give credit if i release this map).

Last edited:
Level 5
Okay well, what i want is to have a sniper looking through a scope, and it is centered on the cursor, and when they move, the camera follows it so whereever you move your cursor you look at,up down left right.I have a fade filter that i can use,(i stole it off xXTrickyXx, i will give credit if i release this map).

Level 5
The FPS mod is annoying, and quite glitchy i dont want to use it... Thanks alot for helping me :) will you send me the Test map when you are done?Id like to see the script so i can learn from it.
EDIT: I have an idea,can trackables be destroyed once created? cause if you can you could just keep creating and destroying them in a circle(Line of sight basically) as the unit moves.Might reduce lag?

Last edited:
Level 10
This might not be the best example how to make trackables over the whole map, but it showed me that doing it seems like a bad idea. if you arent experienced with Jass i suggest you to do something else. more info is listed in the file.

but as said above, making too many trackables = bad idea.

Attachments

• trackable.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 54
Level 5
Thank you i will check it out
Edit:Hows do you make it so that when you click it makes the effect rather than typing -mouse?Also is there a way to make the trackables smaller and make them have Z heights?

Last edited:
Level 10
http://www.wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=1997 explains how to make trackables have Z heights. The player types -mouse trigger was just to show how to use it, u could use a timer periodic event instead if u want, the meaning of it all is just to detect the position of the mouse.
making the effect happen when you click can be changed by making a slight change in the custom script section.

Level 11
Maximash, why do you enjoy making Diablo to create the system of your map? First of all, learn basic jass. Then learn advanced jass. And then learn how to use trackables, and make your system yourself, when you are ready to do so...

Btw, you can make CS maps, i also made some, but only finished 1 of them. :S It's as fun as WC map editing. ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The FPS mod is the best hope since otherwise. . .
Well lets say we have a map of 62*62 human farms (small).
Each human farm would need 4 trackables as a base and 3 for altitude comming to 12 trackables each

62*62*12 = 46128

so for a basic fps system with 3 aiming angles (6-9 if carefully placed) on a 124*124 sized map it comes to 46128 trackables and using it would be a pain since you would have to move the mouse over a trackable to trigger it.

So I recomend you stick to the FPS mod or you give up alltogether.

Level 5
im using this as a way to learn, Diablo is helping me alot, and im learning from it i know a slight bit of JASS, and just getting onto advanced basically i have everything for my map except the knowledge of trackables.@ Dr.Supergood thats alot of trackables... maybe not trackables over the entire map then...
@ Diablo, if i used the function TrackableTrack will it do an action when the mouse moves over it?

Level 10
The function TrackableMouseOver is run whenever the mouse is moved over a trackable, calling it manually like this 'call TrackableMouseOver' wont do anything. if you look through the script you can see that it uses 'call TriggerAddAction(t, function TrackableMouseOver)' meaning it is added to a trigger with the event mouse is moved over trackable.

Level 5
okay... so in that function if i put call SetUnitFacingToFaceTrackableTimed( gg_unit_h000_0093, (GetTriggeringTrackable), 0 ) will gg_unit_h000_0093 face the Triggering trackable?
EDIT:Nevermind i found a way... this is what i have done so far,but as you will probably see, the trackables ought to be smaller for it to run properly

Attachments

• trackable.w3x
    78.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Maximash said:
I cant really make my own maps for battlefield or half life can i? or make new guns etc, if i went to those games id have to wait for the next patch all the time,id rather be able to make it myself.:p

Of course you can do maps and objects. Why do you think that those two games have the most mods on moddb.com? However, you have to make those models and maps more detailed since is s FPS. And there are sure some map editor around.

:coolgrunt: I know when I had Duke Nukem 3d it had an editor, but it did not work properly. :sad:

EDIT: Oh, and question. You have to click on trackables or just point on them?

Level 5
Either, you can put your mouse over them and it will do an action, or you can right or left click and it will do an action.
EDIT:And oh yah, i just remebered.. i used to go on moddb.com, but i know soo much more about wc3 than i do about battlefield,half-life etc.So you know, and some people dont have those games, so theyd be delighted to find out that ive made an amazing FPS map for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.