• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Toy Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, there is already one stealthy class in the game, and I think it's planned out pretty well, know guys that play Stalkers in very good way - use them at maximum. And it's strong class in my opinion. I am thinking of something like hybrid class, maybe short-lasting WW + mana aura + proximity mine...

Level 11
I was just testing new zombie mod for this map and it was pretty fun! Seems it's even easier to play for people than bomb mode.
one random player is changed to zombie and is chasing other players, when he kill someone he will change to another zombie :p yet a bit weaker (lower hitpoints).
every class can be effective at some aspect of killing zombies: Medic can use lsd to lower zombie's armor (bullets are more effective), Stalker have bear traps, OP can use sentries and blocking a path with bombing, Recon can stun...etc

expect it to be released soon!

Level 11
good morning :>

Tonight i had no sleep :( ...but guess what? - Zombies are here! :p
also lotta graphics stuff have been tweaked, grenades physics have been improved, finally fixed bug with portraits (they weren't displaying, seems there "call ShowInterface(true,0)" cannot be zero for some reasons) , etc.

also thought about massive coop with load of fcking big aliens and flying saucers...maybe next time :D

BTW if one would like to help, i am open to ideas for terrain, i mean if you can post actual picture of terrain (would like to see how it should look like) or something it would help me a lot. If i pick some I will write credits and all that stuff you know.

Anyways, download new 1.54 and give it a try (don't forget that red player chooses mode and zombies are the second mode, just to let you know).

Level 11
yeah it's already up :)

SnaKy said:
now I am working on some simple AI, nothing too big (as for now) but at least people can test it singleplayer and get a little idea what it is about if they can't get themselves to play online.
That's right, my next goal is simple AI. Really don't expect nothing too fancy, but even in the state it is now (they can merely move and shoot like random) it is helping me with testing a lot!
It seems like interesting option if you are bored or just can't get enough players. With some command CPU bots will take over leavers, but don't know if this is good idea.

edited:
updated changelog (see link)

attachment:
that's how Zombies see enemies through fog, idea came from SC2 :)

Attachments

• zombie_detect.jpg
    zombie_detect.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 3
I wanna more maps :< like operation overdose from combat arms and maybe zombie classes? :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Ah, yes sory :] operation overdose is a mod for a zombie mode were battlefield is a lab. here you go a video ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSS5uMaLjeU&feature=youtube_gdata
that gave me some ideas :) thanks for you input!

There are some changes I've done yet for upcoming version, check them up and perhaps give some suggestions (yes I read them in map link too)
-- 1.54-1.55
- Added very simple AI (will be better with ongoing versions)
- Added new command for host -mode , to change actual map/mode
- Added new command for host -ai , to enable/disable cpu taking over leavers (default: enabled)
- fixed stacking system, now item stacks even with full inventory (if item is bought)
- Increased hp of zombies; Main zombie 3000 -> 4000 / Infected 1500 -> 2000
- Increased hp of Minion Lair; 300 -> 500
- Barricades get destroyed on every new round (in Zombie mode)
- changed item name; Antipsychotics -> Neuroleptics
- Added Team Deathmatch mode to Inferno
- all ammunition is now cheaper; Bullets 20g, Shells and Sniper Rounds 30g, Stun 90g
- fixed bug when unit had LSD before changing to zombie
- fixed many other bugs with zombies
- fixed issues with selection

Last edited:
Level 10
Wow... best map I ever played... You should make camera system ;) and it would be more funnier to play and new territories would be good too... to choose where to play :) and in Zombie mode... Zombies little bit IMBALANCED :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.