• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Toxic Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The point is that people who are going well have ussually fewer reason to flame.
People mainly flame in response to negative input.

When your teammate is bad... bad bad, then you or any other teammate is very close to say something negative to him.
Most people react to that by flaming.

And now you can see that people who are really bad, are often the people that flame.

On the LoL forums and on youtube and on every other game that has or had problem with negative attitude of players, you can find enough threads, explanations and "how-to-avoid" about flamers.
Lately the amount of negative attitude that I see has been dramatically decreased... from both sides.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Blaming = anger = fear.

Hostility is there because the "bad" player cannot accept his lack of skill, knowledge, timing, build, play... etc and would rather blame everyone and everything to preserve his "perfect ego version" of how he/she is best.

And like you said, these are the players that enforce "mid or feed" and would generally feed enemy teams, rage on the chat and blame allies because they didn't get their way.

Level 2
Its like bullies in real life - They bully because they were abused once - Well obviously they feed because they are terrible themselves so they feel they must down grade people

Level 4
i sit me or are toxic players in most cases also the players that feed?

It has literally been weeks since i got flamed by a player with positive kd. :goblin_jawdrop:

hue hue hue i ate you motha brbrbr gibeme mony pliz feed or mid call or fall zed or fed top or troll iswhat? Ruled here ruled there? Kappa teemo jg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Todays society is full of wimps. Swearing and trash talk is now bannable. Tomorrow using the word "slope" will be an arrest able offense!

Although I do agree that it is not really nice to swear at people, I certainly would never report such people for it. I would report people for purposely kill feeding or throwing matches but never just because they trash talked their fellow team mates. They are entitled to their own freedom of expression, no matter how crude it is and in the end it is nothing more than text in a game.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The game would be better without a toxic community I don't see any problem with punishing those who cannot behave normally.

In real life. if I happen to come across some foul monthed guy in a store or whatever I can just leave. However, in a matchmade game I get punished by doing that.
In fact, I would get banned for doing so. Firstly I lose LP if it's a ranked game, secondly I get 9x reports which may result in a ban. Thirdly if I do it too often the system will ban me automatically.

Level 20
I usually mute em...I think of flamers as trolls and what are you not supposed to do when you encouter a troll?You don't feed em...Been a long time sinc i had issues with flamers

Level 20
If he is flaming at you chances of him communicating with you are pretty slim.I think its worst if you don't mute em cuz you are gonna get caught in pointless arguments while you are supposed to play therefore lowering your overall performance.Plus rito gave us smart pings xD

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In real life. if I happen to come across some foul monthed guy in a store or whatever I can just leave. However, in a matchmade game I get punished by doing that.
In fact, I would get banned for doing so. Firstly I lose LP if it's a ranked game, secondly I get 9x reports which may result in a ban. Thirdly if I do it too often the system will ban me automatically.
In real life you get stuck with such people. For example in high school over half the boys you are with in younger years swear all the time. There you also get punished if you walk out.

Ultimately all his trash talk is meaningless to you. He can swear at you all he likes, call you stupid names etc, in the end it is just text in a game written by some sad little kid, text which you can ignore. Even if there is voice communication functionality you can just mute him if he has nothing constructive to say.

If he starts raging because you are ignoring him so kill feeds or afks then you can report him for those activities. Further more if he starts prolonged trash talking you even after the game then you can report him for harassment.

As long as everyone keeps trying to play, you cannot blame a loss on a person trash talking and only on the lack of skill of the team.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Just figured I'd post this because it's kinda related.
aZMnb3Q_460s_v1.jpg

Level 8
One of the worst things about toxic players is that my cousin is one. Thank God he switched to Fifa now, lol. Atleast he can't write/trashtalk now.

In general when dealing with these people, the best thing is to stay passive and not give them the satisfaction. In most cases, if someone says "Omg, you're retarded", I just say "Yes", or "You suck bro", I just say "Ok.". If he keeps on, I just stick on with the passive bullsh!t and they get even worse until they finally realise I dont give a fck and they give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.