• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

townhalltroll

Reactions: deepstrasz
Keywords:
troll building town hall hut house
Contents

townhalltroll (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 6th of September, 2007 Approval status: Non-approved Rating: (9) Excellent! Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x]The build animation is spectacular: has to be seen to be believed!

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 6th of September, 2007
Approval status: Non-approved
Rating: (9) Excellent!

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x]The build animation is spectacular: has to be seen to be believed!

Level 3
:? I still dont know where to download TToR :(
I havent even got a clue what TToR is a short for either. Could it be "The Tale of Ridles", "Thousand Tensions or Rohypnol", "Things To own - Rockets!", "Real Tiefighters on Reticuli", "True Tobacco.. omg Rocks!", "Try The other Recrut", "Tiny Tunnels on (the) Run", "The Tiger of Rabies"?

<b>"To The owners - Reafirm"!! Please! </b>:D

Best regards from..

The crackhead with vegetarian replacement of cold turkey :cry: :shock:

Ein

Ein

Level 1
Needs team color, and the skin needs some work. But over all the most useful building model on here.

Level 2
I had some trouble to find the right paths. you don't specify every path, so I have to try some regular paths for it, in the right combination. had the same with your tree townhall.

if other people have the same problem it maybe handy to report all the path's.

besides the little trouble I had, both models are well made. great work!

Level 2
Yes plz, that crane is wierd, i love this model, need it very much, since it's unique but cant use it, allowing player to upgrade it because of crane

A suggestion, if I may?
The trolls weren't really that primitive back in their glory days. They were civilized. Take a look at the Troll architecture and understand that they are mostly walls and ziggurats (like Zul'drak in Northrend and Jintha'Alor in the Hinterlands). Look at their pattern per tribe (i.e. Amani'shi and Gurubashi). Then, lastly, decide what to make.
Please give me credit for this suggestion.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
^That's actually something I've talked about before, and have been struggling with... In making a Jungle Troll race, how much "logs & such" versus "temples & ziggurats" to make the buildings with. I'm generally leaning on the side of 'wood', but I rather like the Gurubashi feel.

No one really makes models like that, though. This guy is looooong gone, as well.

Just saying . . . If the creator of the "Troll Town Hall" were still here, he should have not just made the Hall simply out of a pile of logs. If the hall is supposed to be made of wood, though, then the creator should make models of wooden carvings and totems to depict what race built that place (hey, that rhymes!).
Also, in the case with the Birth Animation, it should reflect on how humans would have built it in the Aztec; Incan; and Mayan days, because the trolls are based on tribal cultures like the ones in the Americas.
Unless, of course, we are dealing with someone who has less experience . . . like a little kid! XD (No trollin').

What do you think?