1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tournament of Might and Magic, v1.54

Submitted by biridius
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
* Players: 1
* Genre: minigame
* Version: 1.54, unprotected
* Game version: 1.24+

Tournament of Might & Magic
This map emulates turn-based combat like in HoMM5.
You play against 20 randomly selected opponents, one after another, on a grid of 120 squares.
After each fight you level up.
Features:
- functional AI
- Turn based combat with Initiative scale showing turn order
- Action camera
- you may re-arrange your army, skills and item choices between battles
- 8-slot inventory system and 130 different items, as well as 31 item sets giving additional bonuses
- 12 races with 10 different creatures each + mercenaries
- 20 fights with 99 different randomized opponents
- 56 spells in 4 lores
- 10 skills, each with 5 secondary perks

• [​IMG]
    How to play
    1. At the start of the game, pick one of the 12 races available, each represented by their Hero.
    2. Choose skills. You start with 3 skill points, +1 after each battle.
    Use the button with two swords to continue, or cancel button to reset skills and rearrange skill points.
    3. Choose troops. You get points for troops after each battle. Clicking on a unit once hires a growth, for example, 22 Gnolls at once. You can rearrange these points between battles.
    4. Choose items, you start with 4 item points +1 for each battle
    5. Deploy your army. You can split stacks by pressing R. Press Z when ready.
    Use Escape to open the settings menu, W to order troops to wait, S to open spellbook, D to defend.

• Credits for models:
    - Tranquil
    - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
    - Urkdrengi
    - Amaruak
    - Vermillion Edict
    - Lord_T
    - HerrDave
    - Direfury
    - Eagle XI

• [​IMG]
    By pressing Escape at any point during the game, you may chose your preferences:
    - Language: English or Russian
    - Text adjustment: on some wc3 versions the engine shifts text tags to the right. This option allows to correct that.
    - Action camera: how often the camera angle shifts to show the attack.
    - Replay losses: if this is turned on, when you lose a battle you don't level up, and the next fight will be against the same opponent
    - Mirror matches: turn this off if you want to avoid ever playing against your own race
    - Hints, Unit speech: you may turn them off if they are annoying you.
    - Difficulty: each level increases the AI's stats and army

• Each hero has access to 7 skills + a unique innate ability, and may hire 10 different types of creatures.
    After every battle the hero levels up, gaining points to spend on skills, units and items.
    They can be reset and re-arranged between battles.

At level 1, you get the first two creature types, access to Tier 1 spells, 4 item points and 3 skill points
    Each level you gain +1 skill point, +1 item point, and a number of army points.
    Level 3: the third creature type is unlocked.
    Level 4: you get access to Tier 2 spells
    Level 7: you get the fourth creatures, and access to Tier 3 spells if you have the appropriate Basic skill, like Basic Chaos magic
    Level 10: the last, fifth creature type, and access to Tier 4 spells if you have an Advanced magic skill
    Level 14: Tier 5 spells with Expert magic skill

• After chosing skills, you buy an army using the army points.
    [​IMG]
    Click on a unit to hire a growth, like 2 Knights. Units without teamcolor will be available later.
    You may press the cancel button to reset and re-arrange your army.
    If you press on the button with two arrows, it changes the choises to alternative creatures, or back.
    Press on the two swords to proceed to the Inventory and chose items.
    The flags allow you to change your team color.

• [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Contents

ToMM v1.54 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Changes made, Approved. By the way, the enemy has the same colour as you now if you choose another than the default one. You should make it so that if you right click the action/spell cancels not executes. Melee heroes still fly and overlap the...
  1. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    A bunch of the preview screenshots are duplicated: at least all the ones with icons on the ground

2. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Right thanks for noticing. I tried to press "add media gallery" when posting, and when I got back it seemed the screenshots disappeared, so I've uploaded them again.

3. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi. Is this compatible with 1.31? The game seems to constantly crash by the time the AI has finished deploying its units.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Be sure to credit everyone: Resources in Use by ToMM v1.29 Eng | HIVE and those from other sites.
    This is not an RPG, it's Strategy/Risk. Please replace the tag.

1. You should explain the the quest log or somewhere in the game what stuff means: morale, luck and others which are not that intuitive.
    2. Why can't I select the revenant, tuskarr and magnataur?
    3. How could I move the units without splitting them on the battlefield before starting? Tried starting another battle after restarting the game with other heroes and the game just went exitus.
    4. You could/should make it PvP too for at least 1v1.

Well, tried it on 1.30.4, started the battle. It crashed after some lightning (on the screen it said something about haste).
    Seems to have good potential, a King's Bounty/HoM&M type of game. However, until it works without crashing, it's null. We don't approve maps that only work on certain game versions.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

5. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the review and the bug reports.
    I made this map years ago and it seemed to work fine on 1.29. Will try to rework some old awful code and improve performance 'cause I don't want it to just end up resting for all eternity somewhere in my folders. For now whoever has old wc3 can play this. I'm also planning to add alternative units for all of the races. PvP is out of question as it'd take a complete rewrite and it's hard to find players.

Morale and all this other crap are exactly the same as in Heroes of Might and Magic 5, most spells and skills are from there too.
    Explaining it in a quest log is pointless as no one ever reads anything, but here we go:

- Luck: a chance to deal double damage, 10% per luck point.
    - Damage: how much damage one creature in the unit does. E.g. a footman does 1-3, so 20 footmen do 20-60.
    - Health: per creature. If a unit of 9 hp footmen takes 100 damage, it kills 11 footmen in the unit and hurts another one for 1 hp.
    - Attack/Defence: the difference increases/decreases damage by about 5% per point of difference. E.g. if a grunt with 5 attack hits a footman with 10 defence he does 25% less damage. The formula is non-linear, so a 20 points higher defence does not make you invincible, it only reduces damage by 58%.
    - Initiative: all units start the game with a random spread of 0 to 10% on the initiative scale (so it's not always fixed who goes first), and run through it in circles with their initiative. whoever gets to 100% first gets a turn. A unit with initiative 12 will get 50% more turns than a unit with initiative 8, so will sometimes get two turns.
    - Morale: a chance that troops will be "eager to fight" so their next turn comes 2 times faster. Undead and other non-living things don't have that.
    - Speed: how many squares a unit can walk in a turn. A diagonal move counts as 1.4 squares.
    - Ranged units have limited ammunition, and may not fire if there is an enemy unit in a square next to them.
    - All this techical stuff is not important to know, there's a scale showing turn order, and a hint how much damage you can do when dragging the mouse over enemy units.

The haste thing is the AI buffing its army to get more initiative, there are different opponents using different spells. Some summon and resurrect their stuff, others debuff your army, others buff themselves, and some prefer straight fireballs and lightnings.

Units in the army are locked until certain levels, so at first you can only have the first two.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, basically you could just copy the triggers for every player.
    That's like saying it's pointless for games to have tutorials or any explanations. So, I'm just going to skip this ignorant list.

Just also try making it work on 1.30.4. If it does, then I'm pretty certain it'll work on future patches as well.

7. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's just say it's not as simple as copying triggers lol.

I have no idea why it doesn't work on the new patch and how the hell casting haste has anything to do with it. It just creates a special effect and changes a couple array variables.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know exactly what causes the issue. You'll have to debug that yourself on 1.30.4 with game text after certain triggers or how you know to do it.

9. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Forgot to mention, you need to press R again to disable the split mode once you are done splitting.

Added some quests with the technical info I posted before, and unit ability descriptions.
    Tried to optimise pathfinding so it would may be stop crashing on the new patch (my old code is horrible).

Please tell me if it works.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It works!

What about letting the player at least change colour if you're not able or wanting to make PvP?

Amazing how you made the units face the cursor.

1. No melee combat sounds (hit, swing etc.)?
    2. The camera sometimes maybe it shouldn't be so close so you could see melee units better hitting each other. Also, maybe some more camera angles?
    3. Hero attacking units looks weird. I suggest giving them 522 movement speed, collision off instead of making it look like a projectile face sitting the target.
    4. Not all heroes have glow. Either choose other models be them from the game or custom or just use this: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
    5. Would be neat if you could split equally or even choose the number.

Really good stuff. You could turn this into an actual HoM&M experience with castles, mines and all that.

Sadly, when the murloc attacked my centaur archer, the game instantly closed.

EDIT:
    Played with the night elves vs night elves, Dark Ranger and vs the Renegade Wizard, vs bandits. All worked fine.
    Problem is that Huntress are uncomparable to those Revenants which are at least two times more powerful.
    Seems like the AI is usually more powerful later on. Or at least some racial units are stronger than others since I had little problems fighting the centaur afterwards. Got a crash when the huntress attacked a centaur archer with bounce effect towards a harpy. When I attacked the harpy to bounce on the centaur archers I didn't get a crash.

EDIT2:
    I can't save this map with 1.31.1 PTR without getting code errors. Basically, those have to be fixed for the map to work properly, hopefully.
    BiridiusHoM&Mmap.png

(previous comments: ToMM v1.31 Eng)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. YubelHaouJudai

YubelHaouJudai

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's looks like Heroes and Mighty.

12. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks.

It seems the centaur's maneuvering ability is the same unoptimised pathfinding algorithm I copied and pasted. It calls ExecuteFunc a lot and unnecessarily. I'll fix some of these things and update it.

- applied the same fix to centaurs maneuvering ability to stop it crashing the game.
    - added hero glow; adjusted hero attacks target position
    - added player color selection; text and initiative scale colors will stay red/blue for now
    - reduced the AI's revenants in number, slightly buffed huntresses

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changes made,
    Approved.

1. By the way, the enemy has the same colour as you now if you choose another than the default one.
    2. You should make it so that if you right click the action/spell cancels not executes.
    3. Melee heroes still fly and overlap the enemy target.
    4. How do you clear the text on the screen to see the battlefield?
    (previous comments: ToMM v1.31 Eng)

14. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. weird, on my wc3 the AI is dark green, and becomes red if you choose dark green
    4. click on a square anywhere on the battlefield

15. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update 1.33
    - the text for magic mines exploding was untranslated
    - added a button to switch to alternative units, only Death knight, Farseer and Bandit King for now
    - color selection now works properly; enemies have their color randomized between fights

Death Knight alt units:
    - Skeleton warriors instead of archers: stronger but can't shoot
    - Ghouls instead of zombies: faster and vampiric
    - Fiends instead of banshees: may shoot, inflict Slow
    - Gargoyles instead of necros: may fly, become statues on "Defend" order
    - Statues instead of abos: may shoot, cast Blindness and Implosion

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  16. Lenura

Lenura

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool map, if you add in more units and what not over time it'll be great. Maybe have it for 4-8players so you can challenge people for games and what not.

17. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - added more terrain and obstacles on the field
    - now you can choose player color during the game, on the army screen
    - added a delay before the AI's actions
    - the AI shouldn't sacrifice fast units as much as it did
    - changed a few abilities and stats
    - Archmage now has alternate units

18. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - 10 new perks
    -- "Brutal blow" for Offence, improving hero attack
    -- "Brace yourselves" for Defence, allowing the hero to give troops the "Defend" order bonus
    -- "Inspire" for Leadership, the hero may hasten a unit's turn
    -- "True strike" for Luck, increasing minimum damage
    -- "Eagle eye" for Enlightenment, increasing spell power each time the opponent cast a spell
    -- "Cursed earth" for Dark magic, which damages enemy troops if they don't move
    -- "Sanctuary" for Light magic, increasing spell resistance when casting buffs
    -- "Illusionist" for Summoning, improving Mirror image and Barrier spells
    -- "Wrath of stone" for Chaos magic, allowing earth spells to slow down enemy movement
    -- "Counterspell" for sorcery, allowing to block the next enemy spell
    - Gnoll overseers now have proper abilities
    - archmage has rock golems as alternative to iron golems
    - a couple new tier 1 enemies
    - other small changes and fixes

Edit: 1.35b quickly fixed a small bug with skills, where choosing the first (old) 3 perks of a skill was impossible, and the new 4th perk was being selected instead of the three

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  19. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - alternate units for night elves
    --- Sentinels: attack and return back, reduce enemy speed
    --- Assassins: invisible beyond 6 squares, short ranged shooting, move away from melee like centaurs
    --- Snipers: archers that may ignore defence
    --- Claw druids: may cast "restoration" once. May roar on attack, boosting army's melee damage. Turn into bears on "Defend" order [D], gaining speed, damage, knockback, but losing spellcasting.
    --- Chimaeras: dragons that may halve enemy armor for a turn.

- bug fixes
    - reduced tier 5 units growth.
    - preview of units when dragging the cursor during deployment
    - terrain obstacles should be less annoying now

- pitlord has red orcs for alternate units
    - imps, helhounds, felguard, bandits and marauders abilities changed
    - many shooting spellcasters now have "magic attack"

- earth elementals may now taunt
    - wasp swarm now deals earth damage and can be resisted
    - magic glove damage nerfed

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019