• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torment Arena v1.8

• Angry
Reactions: Blaxor and Septimus
8 souls of Magtheridon's slaves, each embody one of the 27 legendary champions and face each other in eternal combat. Yet they never die as a punishment due to resurrection powers of Torment Arena. In the end, they must face Magtheridon himself to end this suffering.

---The map is protected.

Torment Arena is a pure-action deathmatch/team deathmatch style custom mod for 8 players. Featuring:

-27 each unique heroes, with their own skill combos, styles and many trigger based abilities.
-More than 100 hero skills and alot more unit skills.
-Balanced items, artifacts with an initial item cooldown system
-Many game mods and gameplay options
-30 Creep waves and 5 Bosses
-Unique Score system with an optional Score balance-system
-A Kill Spree system with custom sounds
-Balanced power-up spawns depending on # of Players
-Many ingame commands
-Capturable Towers and a Fountain
-15 unique game Events
-Computer AI support (3 difficulities)
-Tons of memory leaks
-Very nice custom models (made by others)
-Many, many more...

Enjoy

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 1.8 : This version was actually completed long time ago, with the exception of a few issues. I wanted this to be perfect and was unable to fix those few issues, thus resulting me stopped mapmaking (also because of the unfixable problems in Unholy Invasion 1.2) and didnt release this version since its not perfect. However, many people asked for it for sometime, and then i decided to release this, but please consider it as a BETA and remind me things that malfunction or balance issues (expect BALANCe problems and i'm sorry for that). You may experience fatal errors and i'm aware that new Berserker Rage spell does not function when used by AI. So anyway, please keep in mind this version is not perfect so keep me informed about your gameplay experiences and ill fix it.

v1.7 - v1.8 changelog:
------------------------
-Added a new hero; Death Knight.
-Improved hero selection area. Hero infos are now shown by selecting heroes.
-Modified Arena cliff levels for better sight range.
-Added hero glow to all heroes and bosses.
-Overall text color improvements.
-New models for Berserker, Blade Dancer, Druid, Lightning Mage and Ranger. New skin for Crypt Lord.
-New icons for Anti-Magic Shell, Bolt of Chaos, Holy Avenger, Holy Smite, Knockback and Paralyze.
-New effect for Anti-Magic Shell.
-New Incinerate projectile.
-Added a new store area to the south.
-Berserker; reworked Frenzy.
-Crypt Lord; Impale now has a chance to unearth a corpse.
-Dark Elf; replaced Cunning with a new skill; Adrenaline Rush. Reworked Energy Steal.
-Dragon Knight; replaced Dragon Strike with a new skill; Essence of Fire.
-Druid; remade Entangling Roots. Reworked Shapeshift.
-Fire Mage; replaced Flame Strike with a new skill; Inferno.
-Fire Mage; replaced Fire Serpent with a new skill; Fireblast.
-Frost Mage; remade Frost Mastery.
-Ice Horror; remade Frozen Terror.
-Lightning Mage; replaced Lightning Speed with a new skill; Force of Lightning.
-Mage Hunter; replaced Silence with a new skill; Etheral Shield. Reworked Magic Resistance and Soul Burn.
-Morphed Demon; reworked Bolt of Chaos.
-Planetar is no longer an anti-undead hero. All skills reworked.
-Spectral Assassin is no longer an anti-living hero. All skills reworked.
-Storm Lancer; replaced Storm Call with a new skill; Storm Charge. Reworked Vorpal Lance.
-Summoner; replaced Enchant with a new skill; Arcane Aura. Summoner can now only have one Fire Golem at the same time.
-Vengeful Knight; reworked Paralyze.
-Warchief; replaced Pulverize with a new skill; Battle Rage. Reworked Knockback.
-Reworked Scepter of Healing and Tome of Chaos. They are now Intelligence based.
-Added a light effect for Planetar and a special effect for his Holy Aura.
-Bolt of Chaos, Enraged Strike, Soul Burn and Tome of Chaos now shows dealt/bonus dealt damage.
-Treasures in Treasure Hunt Event now shows gained Score when picked up.
-Phantom Cloak can now be used by Dark Elf, Titan's Cleaver can now be used by Dragon Knight.
-Titan's Cleaver can no longer be used by Vengeful Knight.
-Anti-Magic Lance and Venom Blades can no longer be used by Half-Dragon.
-Items can now only be changed in a 90 second period after hero selection and each defeated Boss.
-Improved Magic Pouch.
-Remade all item triggers.
-Balance fixes.
-Lots of bug fixes.

Keywords:
arena, hero, hero arena, torment arena, torment, survival, offense
Contents

Torment Arena v1.8 (Map)

Reviews
12:44, 26th Aug 2008 Septimus: Delete a approve resources and re-upload is consider as rules violation of hiveworkshop. Do it again and more serious punishment would be ment at you. -Neg rep you and re-paste all review by MasterHaosis...
Level 7
Conlan, I'm assuming you haven't worked on this for a while based on the game description. It's a shame, since I think it has potential. I can't go into detail right now, but here's my initial thoughts:

For hero arenas, I always think there are two basic things to do. 1) kill creeps/heroes and 2) buy items.
For part 1), a common problem I see is that players will want to try last-hitting (kill stealing) units more often than in other games. Since the arena area is so small, it is much easier to find enemies and catch find them killing a tower or creep, then simply get the last hit yourself. Also, after a long time, killing creeps doesn't feel all that rewarding since they don't give gold...only potions which there will be dozens of later in the game anyways.
For part 2) the purchasing system is unique. But I think it takes away from the arena experience (although potentially a lot more balanced). The game feels kind of slow for a hero arena, aside from killing things every other second. I literally will have the same items for at least 5 minutes, and that feels boring.

Sidenote: I have no idea what MogulKahn is trying to say. I see your hard work put into making this map; it's a good map.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I here good things about it even though I have not tried it out it should be awesome.And credit for making AI it is cuck hard.:thumbs_up: