1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TKoK 3.0 - The Resurrection - We're Back!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Vexen.X, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is correct, that was a bug with her being rescaled every reset in case a player left the game, but her previous scaling of HP/Attack Speed/Dmg/etc was not reset to 0 first so it was stacking

As you can see, the overall damage scaling was a bit out of control, while its okay in single player and 2 players, going up to 4 scaled the damage too much, adding even more players would have made it impossible

Not to mention, I never really played a cleric before + i was dealing with the stream killing my FPS + talking to the people in the chat, i should have just tanked =P

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    For player scaling, bosses should get some HP and damage bonous. For normal units there should be more of them with slightly more damage and HP.

Also is streaming from a laptop wise? you should probably get someone else to stream for you in your test squad, as desktops probably are more capable at it.

Anyway, looking good.

3. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    it wouldn't have been a problem if my AC wasn't broken and it was like 100 degrees in here, my laptop wouldnt have heated up so much.

Anywho, I was pulling numbers out of the air for scaling, now I saw where they are at, I can adjust accordingly. I have fixed all the bugs and issues we saw today, the next run should be close to perfect as far as bugs go.

Balance should be much better as well. I am scaling HP a little higher than it did in the last test while lowing their attack speed bonus and damage bonus. The damage bonus is almost insignificant but its still there, I'm pretty sure though there was a double dip on the +damage bonus on mobs

4. penguinperson

penguinperson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm very excited to see how this turns out. :grin:

5. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    one of the big problems right now is while testing we lack the following:

Weapons, magic drops from mini bosses, rings, ammy's, offhands (which includes shields)

these items will help improve overall performance of all classes

At the same time, damage on broodmother was way too strong and her webspray was hitting people behind her which was totally screwing over the incoming damage