1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TKoK 3.0 - The Resurrection - We're Back!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Vexen.X, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are no desync issues when hiding a destructible for a local player, that is the beauty of this system.

The FS system takes up almost no space at all, the camera distance to target is only 120, when a standard game is 1650, everything is extremely tiny, but appears large when the camera is so close to the target

You will see when the beta is released within 2 weeks or so, that everything works fine

2. AKAIMAX

AKAIMAX

Resources:
    Resources:
    If everything is so small, wouldn't the tilesets appear too big comaperd to the hero?

3. Kricz

Kricz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think Vexen ment with small the full-screen systems like Skilltree and Inventory. These are create in any corner of the map and when the player opens one of these System, a camera is actived for these player and he can see everything. And the Systems uses a background so you cannot see the tileset behind it :D

@Vexen.X:
    Only in 2 weeks a demo? Sounds nice, but which heroes can be played? only the hereos you shown in the beginning of the tread? And will the SLS work?

Another question:
    Do you create these destructibles in the editor or ingame?

4. AKAIMAX

AKAIMAX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same as ToadCops. I thought he meant the whole game will be like 2 times smaller to reduce map size. Also, if you just use DGUI and cover up the screen there's no point in changing the camera. If you don't know what DGUI is, its a system that creates buttons, pictures and text on your screen. Its made to follow your screen and it doesn't flicker.

5. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not use DGUI at all

correct with that first quote, that is what I was referring to

Within 2 weeks I am shooting for all 12 heroes to be playable in the first 3 zone demo, but we shall see how things go. Currently we are up to 6 working heroes with talent trees + the revisions in their abilities: Cleric, Warrior, Arcanist, Ranger, Pyro, Chaotic Knight

The demo is planning to review the following zones / quests: Tol'Calm, Vormur Forest, Vormur Temple, Tol'Calm Caves, the new Broodmother boss fight (not a standard crappy unit anymore), and the new Vormur Gardens

There are 6 new quests so far in the first 2 areas + the original quests, no quests have been added for the Vormur Gardens as of yet

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. AKAIMAX

AKAIMAX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that but I meant that you don't need to zoom in the camera unless your putting it into a different part of the map.

7. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    which is why I did that, It's not at the same spot your hero is in, it's off to the side in a corner

8. Fledermaus

Fledermaus

Resources:
    Resources:
    *It's actually based off of Moyack's system

9. Viikuna

Viikuna

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you guys have some own web page thingy for ths project somewhere?

10. Daedin

Daedin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, I never really got into TKoK much mainly because of slow gameplay. All the grinding and grinding to meet quest requirements to level up, only to have to face more grinding to reach the next quest. Hopefully the new experience system you talked about saying how quests are more important now will fix this.

11. Fledermaus

Fledermaus

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    tkok.freeforums.org

13. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's RPGs for you. Except more hack-n-slash oriented RPGs make the fighting a lot more fun. However, this isn't one of those, so the quests should involve more than just killing shit.

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    With the project being worked on again, may I remind you guys that you do still have a forum...
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/the-kingdom-of-kaliron-573/

Just because it was moved for inactivity does not mean its not yours. Anyway, if you PM Ghan about this I am sure he will be more than happy to ship it back to an active hosted project for you.

Anyway, I have to words to say to this. COOL and DAMN....
    Cool because it is an even more powerful RPG than before, and damn because it means my code generator I made for private use no longer functions lol. Anyway, look foward to the final release as I am sure to play it agian.

15. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. che

che

Resources:
    Resources:
    Venex i posted u few weeks earlier. map is the BEST RPG i played. when can we dl it?????????????????? mladen
    http://http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_green.jpg
    Green
    You value growth, life, adaptation and nature. You love to hunt, mate, kill, and eat—to you, that’s all there is. At your best, you are instinctual and unpretentious. At your worst, you are vicious and unthinking. Your symbol is a tree. Your enemies are blue and black

{EDIT}
    went on forum.
    tkok.freeforums.org
    is this war3 or wow :_) it looks mnogoooo dobro. aaaaaaaa swaka cast momci. umete ga... GJ....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  17. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once again, we will be testing the map again and it will be watchable via the xfire live stream. When we are getting close to launch time, I will post the link again.

Start time: 5PM EST today 7/28

18. Spet

Spet

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOOOT
    TKOK Returns, Best rpg ive played.

19. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    <removed>

thanks all who came to watch, we are getting close!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  20. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You should have tested with more people...
    Also you may wish to consider reducing boss power if they reset too much but lowering their drops. This is to prevent poor players becomming stuck but still allow pros to get what they diserve.

Also I take it the brood mother gaining insane power was not intensional...