• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titan Land: Lands of Plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Notice4: The Save/Load system has been added to KoT!! Check out the tutorial below!

SAVE/LOAD System Tutorial
Screenshots (Scroll Down)

Titan Land: Lands of Plenty

This is a map based on the Titan Land template, using an old Titan Land titled: "The Beginning of the End". The terrain is currently very similar to that map, however, the object editor data and trigger data have been mostly redone from scratch to better fit modern expectations of a Titan Land map and to make the data more organized.

The map is currently unprotected, and I will keep releasing unprotected versions in the future (along with optimized/protected versions, for performance). I intend to use the object editor in a manner that is organized enough to make it easier to create future TL maps, either by editing the map or to importing the object editor data.

I also intend to use only GUI/JASS (Vanilla editor) for the first few versions, keeping in mind the ease of modification mentality. In the future, I should move on to either Wurst or vJASS.

Another important motivating factor for my making of this is to implement a save/load system in a TL map, using this.

Lore:
I haven't made any plans to make special lore for the map, like in Titan Land RoK and KoT. I mostly just want to create a nice sandbox environment for players to use the lore and backround stories they want. While it's awesome to have special lore, there's already KoT and I already barely have enough time to work on the project in a satisfying pace.

Races:
Races: (I probably won't be adding any more races for now)

Human:
  • Humans
  • Rostrodle (alternate human)
  • Black Legion (humans in black)
  • Templar
  • Runic
  • Nordic
Undead:
  • Undead
  • Fleshless (Skeletons)
  • Ghast (Ghosts) (not implemented)
Elves:
  • Elves (Warcraft Blood and High Elves)
  • High Elves (LoTR models)
  • Night Elves
  • Drow
  • Wood Elves (not implemented)
  • Gray Elves (not implemented)
Orcs:
  • Orcs
  • Fel Orcs
  • Son'Gar Orcs (orcs that really like armor)
Other:
  • Dwarves
  • Naga
  • Ogres
  • Trolls (Forest, Darkspear and some Ice trolls)
  • Murlocs
  • Tauren (still needs some more units)
  • Dragonspawn (only some heroes implemented)
  • Forest Dwellers (treants, dryads, etc.)
  • Gnolls (work in progress)
  • Quillboars (mostly done)
  • Centaur
Deco Builders:
Decorations: (62 builders and 1 modifier)
  • City (3)
  • Ruined
  • Ruins
  • Runes
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Walls (Stone,Ruins,Icecrown,Wood,Castle)
  • Market
  • Blacksmith
  • Corpses
  • Obelisks
  • Village
  • Seats
  • Statue
  • Rocks
  • Archways
  • and more
Unit Modifier:
  • Modify flying height
  • Play animation
  • Modify size/scale
  • Change facing angle
  • Make unselectable units selectable
Unit modifications can be made using the Special Deco Builder like in other Titan Land maps or by using the same commands used to set the parameters, but with a single quotation mark instead of a minus sign as the prefix. Eg.: 'fly, 'size, etc.
Heroes:
Currently featuring over 69 heroes at the respective racial towers, with more to be added soon (can be seen on the map)​

Terrain:

The map has been expanded to over the original 256x256 size. This has been done not only to increase sandbox area, but also to accomodate 24 players.

The terrain has very few elevations, since (soon) people will be able to elevate the terrain themselves, and it is easier to build on flat terrain. There is also no weather, since players are able to create their own weather using Rect Generator ('-rect' command)

Currently, some parts of the map are very ugly/unfinished.

Tiles:
  • Cityscape: Grass, Grass Trim, Square Tiles, White/Black Marble,
  • Northrend: Snow, Rock, Rocky Snow
  • and 8 more
Systems:
Internal:
  • Unit Limit System: Limits the amount of living units a player can have at one time, as a protection against trolls and griefers and to discourage spamming.
  • Camera System: Allows changing the zoom, rotation, roll and angle of attack of the camera.
  • Remove/Kill Units: Like in SotDRP, players can kill or remove their own units from the game with commands. The Titan can remove units belonging to any player. Commands: -kill and -remove
  • Leaver detection and changing the Titan when the current one leaves the game (like modern TL maps).
  • Custom Fog and Water currently, these can only be set by the Titan. However, with version 1.0.0a, support for local fog will be added.
External:
  • SaveNLoad: allows saving bases for future games
  • GPS - Guhun's Patrol System: allows multiple-checkpoint patrol routes (attached to this post)
  • GUDR - Guhun's User-Defined Rects: used to create weather effect and move groups of units while maintaining their relative distances.
Mechanics:
-Stats-altering system (future implementation)​

Current Version: 0.10.0

Titan Land LoP Verison History (from 0.7.0): MEGA

Attachments

• Titan Land - LoP v0.9.1-unprot.w3x
    37.9 MB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Level 12
i cant see your map not even in custom multiplayer/single , or campaign
Did you save it in the Warcraft 3 folder? This bakup version does show up in my game. Can you open it in the world editor?

Did you save it in the Warcraft 3 folder? This bakup version does show up in my game. Can you open it in the world editor?

Actually, scratch that. It was the other backup that was showing up. Apperently there is something wrong with the name string (too long, probably) Just rename the file to something else (preferably shorter) and it should work.

I changed the name and it showed up

Last edited:
Level 6
Making a map based on the Titan Land template, using an old Titan Land titled: "The Beginning of the End"

Mainly making this to implement a save/load system in a TL map, using this.

Also aiming at adding as many decorations as possible, at first, launching with only a select few custom races.

I intend to use the object editor in a manner that is organized enough to make it easier to create future TL maps, either by editing the map or to importing the object editor data.

I also attempted to contact the curret makers of TL:KoT to get the save/load system in there, but they haven't replied =/

Races: 8/13 planned for release

Deco Builders: 11/15 planned for release

Terrain: Should mostly stay the same, especially to support save/load in the future

Triggers: This needs the most work, but should be done soon

The Current TL:KoT makers aren't going to reply to most request, but I do have KingKatanova's Map, I guess he asked whether if you can fix the map, then you can use it I think.

Level 12
The Current TL:KoT makers aren't going to reply to most request, but I do have KingKatanova's Map, I guess he asked whether if you can fix the map, then you can use it I think.

The current version of KoT is pretty good, if they are still updating it I don't see why I should create multiple versions of the same Titan Land :S

Though it would be cool if they had a save system

Level 12
Udpate:

Bribe systems added:
-Added Unit Indexer (configured to ignore non-structure decorations)
-Added Damage Engine (configured to ignore non-structure decorations)
-Added GUI spell system

My own systems added:
-Movement System (way too simple to post as a resource, same as patrol system)
-[GUI-friendly] Disable System - GDS
-Any Ability Aura Multiple v3

New decorations:
-Vilage
-Statues
-Dungeon

New Races (not yet fully implemented):
-Son'Gar orcs
-Razormane

Many new heroes added.
1 fully working hero: Flame Raven (Tower: Legends)

Starting to make custom hero abilities, though none are quite finished yet.
-AoE Snare
-Sargeras Silence Aura

Last edited:
Level 1
My friend and me found some bugs :

Barren Tree - Model to small
Fel Orc Crossbowman - Model to small
Deco Builder Tree - Tree Palm is named White Obelisk
Deco Builder Dungeon - Everything is named White Obelisk
Deco Builder Misc - Shadow is named White obelisk
Deco Special - Blight doesn't work
Deco Builder Blacksmith - Forge has the model of a White Obelisk, set up Blacksmith workplace is also a White Obelisk
Deco Builder Market - Build a Box doesn't work, build a keg too and Pile of Gold has the skin of a white obelisk
Deco Builder Village - Village Barren, Village haycart, windmill,Inn and Well is named White obelisk

The Undead buildings have normal buildup time instead of increased speed, the Nightelven stuff too.
And somethings can't be build it says ,,You need a tree of eternity'' which you can't make.

Level 12
My friend and me found some bugs :

Barren Tree - Model to small
Fel Orc Crossbowman - Model to small
Deco Builder Tree - Tree Palm is named White Obelisk
Deco Builder Dungeon - Everything is named White Obelisk
Deco Builder Misc - Shadow is named White obelisk
Deco Special - Blight doesn't work
Deco Builder Blacksmith - Forge has the model of a White Obelisk, set up Blacksmith workplace is also a White Obelisk
Deco Builder Market - Build a Box doesn't work, build a keg too and Pile of Gold has the skin of a white obelisk
Deco Builder Village - Village Barren, Village haycart, windmill,Inn and Well is named White obelisk

The Undead buildings have normal buildup time instead of increased speed, the Nightelven stuff too.
And somethings can't be build it says ,,You need a tree of eternity'' which you can't make.

Thanks for the feedback! This version is a bit outdated, so some of those things are fixed, but not all.

I'm really busy with IRL things atm, so I can't work much on this :S But I'll get to it when I've some more free time.

EDIT:
Updated OP and uploaded a new version

Last edited:
Level 1
I found some more bugs and other things:

Pirates can train dwarven berserker
Pirate Blunderbuss has the ability Close Gate, using this transforms the unit into a Gate
Templar have Two healers with the exact same spells and stats

Orcs(Green): Orc Spearhunter's need a War mill before they can be trained and they are still called Troll headhunter's,
Undead: They build Fleshless boneyard and not Temple of the damned

Cosmosis: The spell Summon Cosmic Dragon summons a Builder Tent 1, you can buy a Mur'gul slave in that tent.

Units that still benefit from Weapon/Armor upgrades:Normal Elven archer(Not Night or High elf), Orc Warchief(fel orcs), Captain(Normal Humans)
Troll Berserker(Trolls), Shandris, Fel Orc Grunt, Nromal elven Swordman, Skeleton Warrior, Fel Orc Raider

Everything was found in version Beta 12.

Level 12
Update:
Beta 13

-Added two more units to Black Legion (thanks a lot to TwoVenomous for making my request!)
-Fixed a few bugs pointed out by schreckank
-Copied unally trigger from a backup (it had been deleted for some reason)
-Some other things I cannot remember atm

Posting BETA 13 here as a backup (main post has also been updated)

Attachments

• Titan Land - Lands of Plenty v1.0.0.w3x
    8.2 MB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Level 12
Update:
BETA 14

-Added more heroes
-Worked on terrain
-Started adding air units
-Started normalizing hero stats (50/35/30 point distribution for now)
-Added ships to racial docks (haven't implemented a dock builder yet)

EDIT: Also added camera commands

Attachments

• Titan Land - Lands of Plenty v1.0.0.w3x
    8.4 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
It's been a long time since I find another Titan Land map! Not messy like the original Titan Land but not restrictive like KoT either. Yet a lot of fun things here, sounds interesting. I suggest taking a look at RoTRP and also this website for more ideas and guidelines: Here

EDIT : I think you should at least have 16 "Power : Mind" for 16 different players (not only normal players 1-12 but also the 4 "Neutral" players), and try to include more "Power", like in some other Titan Land maps?

Last edited:
Level 12
EDIT : I think you should at least have 16 "Power : Mind" for 16 different players (not only normal players 1-12 but also the 4 "Neutral" players), and try to include more "Power", like in some other Titan Land maps?

Well, you can use the power mind for 14 players (1-12 for players, 13 for hostile and 16 for passive). The other neutrals are sometimes used by spells/systems so I don't know about letting them be picked aswell :S
Just type the command "-mind (number)" and it will switch the color of the mind power.

UPDATE: BETA 15

-Made more terrain adjustments (made the desert area flatter because it's better for in-game building.)
-Added Rune Deco, began working on Seat Deco (thrones/chairs)
-Added some units to buildings

Couldn't work much on the holidays, but I'll get back on track this week, hopefully. Mostly spent time on the terrain adjustments.

File updated on the OP.

Level 12
Well, it's been long since the last update haha. OP has also been updated.

Anyway, I'm currently looking for help with adding new things to the object editor. If anyone would like to help, feel free to PM me. It would be greatly appreciated :wgrin:

BETA 16 changes:
Fixed player unit limit system and wrote it in JASS so it would be readable (GUI sometimes...)
Added a few abilities to dwarven heroes
Added a lot of new heroes and units

ETA: Hopefully I will get this done by the end of next month.

Well, it's been long since the last update haha. OP has also been updated.

Anyway, I'm currently looking for help with adding new things to the object editor. If anyone would like to help, feel free to PM me. It would be greatly appreciated :wgrin:

BETA 16 changes:
Fixed player unit limit system and wrote it in JASS so it would be readable (GUI sometimes...)
Added a few abilities to dwarven heroes
Added a lot of new heroes and units

ETA: Hopefully I will get this done by the end of next month.

Wow, another update! :D
Can't wait to try it out!

Well, by the way, can I play the map singleplayer? With AI and stuffs because I'm just bored and don't have friends who play Wc3?

Level 12
Updated to BETA 18:
-Added many blood elf units
-Adding many Naga units
-Adding many Human units

-Adding many Demon heroes
-Addng many Human heroes

-Adding many new structures (decorations)

NEW SYSTEM:
GUDR - Guhun's User-Defined Rects
This system is inspired by Mori-chan's map: YARP (Yet Another RolePlay). It allows the user to create weather effects and move groups of units around (while maintaing their relative distance and grid postion).

NEW DECORATION MOVEMENT:
All decorations now have an ability used to snap to the grid, and abilities to move in any axis by a user-defined ammount. This should make building a lot more comfortable for people who like grid-based building. All decorations also have a special blink ability to move without snapping to the grid.

REMOVED SYSTEMS:
GMS - Guhun's Movement System
This system has been removed because it's main purpose is now being taken care of by the new decorations abilties and by GUDR.

-Changed Loading Sceen: credited Mori-chan for helping me out greatly and added Guilty Crown's web address.
-Fixed Selection Bug thanks to Mori-chan

EDIT: Uploading Screenshots as per suggested

Samples:
BuildingSample.jpg HeroSample.jpg StoneFloor.jpg WoodFloor.jpg
User-Defined Rects
UserDefinedRects.jpg UDRMovementStart.jpg UDRMovementFinish.jpg
Decoration Movement Abilities
DecoAbilities1.jpg DecoAbilities2.jpgChess.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Well would the GUDR play the move animation of units while moving them?

Ujimasa Hojo has a lot of nice models, SinisterX also has some nice Blood Elf buildings, I suggest you go check it out.

Random Suggestions :
- Add Imperial German troops? (Search Results for Query: German | HIVE)
- Add history heroes such as Napoleon, Alexander the Great and Friedrich the Great? And mythical heroes like Medusa?

Level 12
Awesome! Well would the GUDR play the move animation of units while moving them?

Ujimasa Hojo has a lot of nice models, SinisterX also has some nice Blood Elf buildings, I suggest you go check it out.

Random Suggestions :
- Add Imperial German troops? (Search Results for Query: German | HIVE)
- Add history heroes such as Napoleon, Alexander the Great and Friedrich the Great? And mythical heroes like Medusa?

Unfortunately, the GUDR is more akin to teleportation :D It's main use is to move your base around, if someone already has the spot you would normally build on. You will also be able to copy the units that are inside the rect, but that functionality is not available yet. (I really want to write it in JASS, so I dunno if it will be done by release, since I want to keep as much GUI as possible until then. We'll see)

I've already been checking Hojo's stuff out. Thanks for the tip on the BElf buildings though, they look really good!

Regarding your random suggestions, I'm probably not gonna have anything that is not Warcraft/High-Fantasy for the initial release. I just want to get this thing out already, since it's taken me so long ^.^

But after I release it, I'll look into adding more options so people can RP in multiple settings.

Oh, never mind. Wait, judging by your wording, does this map feature a save/load system?
And I hope one day you can update the system which actually plays the move animation :)

Ah, sure, these buildings would make blood elves more interesting to roleplay with!

Regarding your random suggestions, I'm probably not gonna have anything that is not Warcraft/High-Fantasy for the initial release. I just want to get this thing out already, since it's taken me so long ^.^

But after I release it, I'll look into adding more options so people can RP in multiple settings.

Okay, I understand. I know the urge to release a "basic" or "core" version of a project, to get people interested and dunno why but it makes you feel more secure. Be looking forward for further updates that add in stuffs like Napoleon and Medusa!

Level 12
Wait, judging by your wording, does this map feature a save/load system?
Yeah, this map was born from the intention of getting a system to save/load bases into a Titan Land map. At the time, I couldn't manage to get in contact with the editors of KoT to get my save system there, so I decided to make my own map.

And I hope one day you can update the system which actually plays the move animation :)
That might be kinda hard to do, I'll think about how I could implement it when I have the time.

can I join in your project? Tho I would be more of an occasion helper, editor and idea-giver
Right now, I need help mostly with sorting out object editor data and importing new models into the map. If you would like to do that, just send me a PM and I can give you a detailed description of how the object editor is being organized, and what I need to add still :D

Level 12
New update:

-Decorations now have a facing ability. Target a point and the decoration will face it. Not implemented for decorations that block units (walls and gates).
-Deco builders NOW HAVE DIFFERENT MODELS based on what they can build
-Added lots of flower and plant decorations
-Added new WoW Statue decorations
-Improved Patrol System (now you can order groups of units to patrol again, but it won't use the Patrol System)
-Reduced ammount of units saved per save iteration (from 200 to 50). This was done to reduce lag during saves.
-Locust-type decorations are broken (village and small town). They will probably be removed in the final version anyway.
-New Night Elf Units (Titan Palace only)
-New Orc units (Titan Palace only)
-New Fleshless Units
-Fixed many object-editor issues and polished some edges here and there.

Level 12
So what happens to my custom units? Should I just copy them over to the new update, and then do my thing on the new map?
My units use custom IDs, just as a note.
What range of IDs are you using?

I mean, you can copy them over if you think it's needed, but you can also send them to me in the old version and I'll copy them over.

What range of IDs are you using?

I mean, you can copy them over if you think it's needed, but you can also send them to me in the old version and I'll copy them over.
I use mostly custom ones, but I can't remember exactly. But I used custom IDs beginning with the letter "k".

Like, for example, "kgun" for Kaiserreich Rifleman

Sure, I'd rather work on the old version. Then I'll send the obj data to you with the model paths, okay?

Level 12
I use mostly custom ones, but I can't remember exactly. But I used custom IDs beginning with the letter "k".

Like, for example, "kgun" for Kaiserreich Rifleman

Sure, I'd rather work on the old version. Then I'll send the obj data to you with the model paths, okay?

Ah, it's all fine, then. I don't believe k conflicts with anything.

Sure thing.

Level 12
New update:
Models and Races:
-Added Drow (Dark Elves) race (HoS models)
-Added Runic race (models here)
-Added Tauren Race
-Added a few new heroes
-Added a lot of new troll models
-Added new bandit models
-Added Celtic Buildings
-Added Dalaran Buildings
-Added Forsaken Buildings
-Added Quillboar Buildings
-Added a few passive (villager) models

Code:
-Updated GUMS to version 1.1: now supports adding unit animation tags (copy command integration included)

EDIT: Also added a new screenshot to the screenshots post, showcasing how easy intricate builds/repetitive become with the decoration movement system and copy command.

Chess.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
New upodate:
-Added elemental race
-Two new dwarf heroes
-Added female child models
-Added treant/ancient/forest faries race
-GUMS updated to version 1.21: now has selection type functionality and changed set player color code
-CutToComma udpated to version 1.2: new function added -> "CutToCharacter"
-Added -color command and completed 'color command (-color XX, change unit team color)
-RGB command now uses spaces instead of commas
-Many new wall models

Level 12
What's the difference between -color and 'color?

-color set the player color you want to use, while 'color modifies the unit (like the deco ability)
same for:
-rgb 'rgb
-face 'face
-size 'size
etc.

Nice update as always, though due to schoolworks and hobbies I have to delay my Kaiserreich race somewhat, but I've done with a few troops and buildings. The buildings are not so fitting with each other, but it's okay I guess?

I guess it isn't so bad if buildings are in the same style, as long as they follow a similar theme.

Level 12
Getting ready to release final version:
-Old Deco Builders fully implemented
-Shops now have infinite unit sell range
-Edited Titan Place Doors trigger to use new IsGroupEmpty function I have created
-Abilities have once again been added to Deco Special
-Many units added to production buildings
-Many heroes addedto respective towers and new towers created
-Added rotate by 90 degrees ability for structures with pathing/collision
-Added copy ability to decorations
-Changed some icons for ability decoration, now they should look good together
-Optimized tags so they can be implemented into the save/load system soon

-New decorations added:
-Draenei
-Runic (Northrend)
-Northrend Tile (my first model :O)
-Arabic

-New races added:
-Angels
-Nihonjin (japanese)
-Haradrim

-New models imported:
-Chinese stuff (for pandaren)
-Norse stuff (for future norse race)

I may be forgetting some things, since a lot has changed. But this should cover the most important new stuff.

Level 12
First playable BETA version: (0.1.0)

Save System:
-Saving destructables is now possible
-Saving terrain is now possible (Blight is not saved yet, though)
-Structures saved with flying height will now also be loaded with flying height
-Animation tags are now saved

New Features:
-Deco Builders now start with their Teleportation ability enabled
-Deco Builders with Teleportation enabled now build instantly and at any range
-Titan Change when Titan leaves should now work (hopefully)
-Unoccupied player slots will no longer have units spawn at their start location
-Rect Generators now show up as workers (and can be selected with the -sele command)

New commands:
-sele / -seln
-neut / -take

Units:
-Implemented chinese models (except fences and angled stone wall)
-Many new deco builders
-Finished up Haradrim and Angel races

Last edited:
Level 12
Version 0.1.1:

-Fixed a bug with the Save System where terrain saves where being offset 1 tile to the left. It should work properly now
-Fixed some bugs and improved the Patrol System. Also chnaged the Patorl tooltip to explain the Patorl system a bit.
-Proper F9 menu with most commands and a nice color scheme.
-Deco Special can now spawn any kind of tree, simply right-click a tree while selecting him and it will set your preset.

Attachments

• Titan Land - Lands of Plenty 0.1.1.w3x
    29 MB · Views: 133
Level 12
Updated to Version 0.4.0:

This is the first version (posted here, you can find 0.3.1 on MMH) with which I've been helped by Lesslife, who isnow handling the polish of Object Editor Data, including: Unit balance/abilitites and Tooltips/Icons.

Bug fixes:

-Fixed the FPS lag reported by many players by disabling my shitty aura system
-Shadowmeld will no longer work (game time changed from 6.00 to 7.00)​

New Commands:

-hide/-hide all​
Hides selected/all deco builders. You can get them back with the -sele command.
-select no​
Makes selected units unselectable. You can make them selectable again with the Deco Modifier Special unit.

New Features:
-Revamped Angel race
-Many new hero abilities are now available for some heroes
-Graves Deco builder
-Made more stuff available at Deco Builder Misc
-Finished implementing Son'gar race (at last)
-Added Draenei Race
-Elemental race will soon be implemented
-Added many heroes to their respective Hero Towers
-Added villager-training decoration at Deco Builder Misc
I probably forgot a lot of stuff, due to this being a changelog from 0.1.1 to 0.4.0. However, these are the most notable changes that I can think of. Hopefully, they are exciting :)

Level 8
I just tried Lands of Plenty and ofc there is a whole lot of work to be done (thank you for this new project and I do not envy you lol), but I do have a question that you may have already answered but do you plan to change the terrain? As good as Rok was with the nostalgia, I don't think its a pretty map.

Level 12
I just tried Lands of Plenty and ofc there is a whole lot of work to be done (thank you for this new project and I do not envy you lol), but I do have a question that you may have already answered but do you plan to change the terrain? As good as Rok was with the nostalgia, I don't think its a pretty map.

Well, there are 3 issues:

1. I'm not a big fan of editing terrain, and I still have a lot to work to do with models. I optimize, add a camera to, and try to fix any errors caused by optimization on every model that I import. So it's by far the most time-consuming task in the project.
2. I am quite satisfied with how the map looks atm in many places (places I don't like at all include the bottom-left and bottom-right corners). Of course, the terrain is very flat, but that is done by design, just like most RotRP maps and TL KoT. It makes building easier.
3. Custom terrain textures may make the map look better, but I think some custom terrain textures (like the sand in KoT) make it so some models don't mesh well with the terrain (the Arabian ones is a good example for the sand), so I'm not sure which ones I could use.

So really, I only see 2 possibilities for the terrain to be considerably changed:

1. When the map is tested and stable after all the coding is done, I will expand the map borders. It will mostly be sandbox space, but I intend to add some pre-made terrain too.
2. Someone offers to help me with the terrain of the map.

Other than that, I will probably change the terrain when someone points out a spot that looks bad, offering a solution, which I agree with, and is very simple to change. I don't intend to devout much time to terrain. However, it is very, very easy to swap terrain between maps. So having multiple versions of terrain in the future is not an impossibility.

Level 8
Well, there are 3 issues:

1. I'm not a big fan of editing terrain, and I still have a lot to work to do with models. I optimize, add a camera to, and try to fix any errors caused by optimization on every model that I import. So it's by far the most time-consuming task in the project.
2. I am quite satisfied with how the map looks atm in many places (places I don't like at all include the bottom-left and bottom-right corners). Of course, the terrain is very flat, but that is done by design, just like most RotRP maps and TL KoT. It makes building easier.
3. Custom terrain textures may make the map look better, but I think some custom terrain textures (like the sand in KoT) make it so some models don't mesh well with the terrain (the Arabian ones is a good example for the sand), so I'm not sure which ones I could use.

So really, I only see 2 possibilities for the terrain to be considerably changed:

1. When the map is tested and stable after all the coding is done, I will expand the map borders. It will mostly be sandbox space, but I intend to add some pre-made terrain too.
2. Someone offers to help me with the terrain of the map.

Other than that, I will probably change the terrain when someone points out a spot that looks bad, offering a solution, which I agree with, and is very simple to change. I don't intend to devout much time to terrain. However, it is very, very easy to swap terrain between maps. So having multiple versions of terrain in the future is not an impossibility.

Alright. Thanks for the reply and now you have mentioned it, changing the terrain is not the highest priority (which makes sense for a Titan Land map).

Level 12
Alright. Thanks for the reply and now you have mentioned it, changing the terrain is not the highest priority (which makes sense for a Titan Land map).
Well it's still somewhat considered, as I don't want the terrain to like completely unpassable, but, as you say, not the highest in the priority list xD

Updated to version 0.5.0:

New bug: I'm dumb and forgot to remove an artifact from testing. Therefore, the Archway decoration's abilitites will not be working in version 0.5.0. Sorry.
Bug fixes:
-Protected units (Cosmosis, Titan Powers, etc) cannot be copied,removed (even with -delete) or killed.
-Titan can no longer delete Neutral Extra (player 15)
-Fel orcs no longer have weapon upgrades
-Fel orcs no longer cost food
-Slaughterhouse no longer creates Blight
-Archimonde's damage has been scaled to match other heroes
-City Buildings now have deco movement abilitities
-Removed ground texture from nihonjin Town Hall
-"-select no" command no longer leaks memory
-Structures decorations which have the "Allow Flying" ability now spawn with their correct facing when loading and being constructed. (still need to fix when copying a structure with flying height)
-Memory cleanup has been expanded
-Fixed issue where units turned using the "F" hotkey deco ability would never leave the GUMS_LoopGroup unit group

New Commands:
-titan (number)​
Makes the specified player the Titan, if the player slot is occupied and playing.
-deleteme​
Works like in KoT. Does not ignore unselectable units. Ignores neutral units.
-decos​
Spawns any deco builders which you do not have. If you have a deco builder but it is hidden, that still counts as having the deco builder.

New Features:
-Ruined buildings deco builder added
-Added teleporter (Way Gate) to Deco Builder Misc
-Added 3 new custom abilitites to Tyrael

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.