• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tirion Fordring and Dagren Orcslayer v2.0

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Would you like to add Tirion Fordring to your custom map? Do you hate the fact that Dagren the Orcslayer wields the Ashbringer? Do you want to add both units in a map, but don't want two similar models?

Lucky for you, I've done both models so you don't have to decide which one you like the most. I opted for a polearm for Dagren since Paladins can wield those canonically, yet nobody had one.

Use Dagren's icon for Tirion, and the custom icon for Dagren.

Update v1.1: Added a new variant with a red handle. I like the old one better, though, so I'll keep both variations.

(Since you are only going to realistically use one tirion, just rename your tirionred.mdx to tirion.mdx or your tirion_portrait.mdx to tirionred_portrait.mdx)

Added an emissive layer to the sword as well, so it's crystal is shiny.

Update v2: Massive overhaul to Dagren's model. Fixed the emissive of Tirion and a couple of bugs.

Update v2.1: Visibility of Dagren's weapon fixed
Previews
Contents

Bald Dagren with mace (Model)

Dagren (old version) (Model)

Dagren icon (old version) (Icon)

Dagren Icons (Icon)

Dagren Orcslayer (Model)

Dagren Portrait (Model)

Dagren portrait(old version) (Model)

Tirion (Model)

Tirion Portrait (Model)

Tirion with red hilt (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
by the author's request, I have set this to AWAITING UPDATE due to lack of facefx
Level 6
Could you color the sword to its more known red-yellow colors for handle of the sword and floating glowing golden orb? Some vfx would be awesome as well :)
Nevertheless, awesome model. Thank you

edit: Thank you very much for the update, it looks great :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 8
I am glad that every day we are getting closer to the fact that in our Reforged there are as many characters from WoW as possible. And it's not just about current patches. speech about the whole history of the universe. Titans, Pandaria, Vrykul, Titanborn, Zandalari Empire, Draenic Orc tribes, and Draenei peoples. The first 3 wars after the opening of the dark portal, the events of the Cataclysm and the Battle for Azeroth. This is all very interesting, and I find it the love of the fans to make as much content as possible.

Level 35
Hei question. I want to make this Dagren the default version for the warcraft 3 reforge. I changed the .mdx and it worked but it's white is some areas and I believe i need to add the .dds file somewhere to make them work for this new Dagren model. Is there any way to add them? I do not know the exact location but i believe is similar to what I did for the icon

I used path Warcraft III\retail\units\human\herodagren\human_dagrenorcslayer_main_diffuse.dds

Last edited:
Level 35
Hello again!
Great models. Been using them both for some time now expecially Dagren with mace. No longer do I feel wierd to see him wielding the ashbringer :D
This is not a real issue but with Tyrion model I feel like he is to skinny.
Can he get a bit of a buff to his arms/legs?

Hello again!
Great models. Been using them both for some time now expecially Dagren with mace. No longer do I feel wierd to see him wielding the ashbringer :D
This is not a real issue but with Tyrion model I feel like he is to skinny.
Can he get a bit of a buff to his arms/legs?
He was originally an elf, so I'll try to buff him up a bit

Level 35
He was originally an elf, so I'll try to buff him up a bit
Yea I figured that might have been the case. The model as a he is now is perfect but the head when compare with the arms/legs is wierd.
The head is perfect for a tirion model (really was strange to see that it was portraing dagren in the original game)
Btw forgot to mention the Dagren model with axe if also a great model I am using that one as well as a different paladin because the one it mace just scream to much Dagren the Oldslayer :D

Level 35
Hey got a update on my feedback...This time for the old Dagren model with axe (best axe model I have seen) which is an amazing look for an old battle harden paladin of the second war
  • I wanted to ask if you can give him the attack animation of Uther instead? I believe those are way better for him then the 1 handed he uses right now.Maby as an update to this if it's not to hard to implement?
  • The Icon model for OldDagren does not seem to appear when I set it. I added it in the path
1644424448462.png

1 issue that I found miself in :)
How can I find the original dagren icon? (without deleting my change)
I changed the icon in replaceabletextures\commandbuttons with the one from you and now that's my default icon for him.
I know if I delete it the original one will return ,but I want to have the .dds of that original one to use it for tirion only not for dagren.

Hey got a update on my feedback...This time for the old Dagren model with axe (best axe model I have seen) which is an amazing look for an old battle harden paladin of the second war
  • I wanted to ask if you can give him the attack animation of Uther instead? I believe those are way better for him then the 1 handed he uses right now.Maby as an update to this if it's not to hard to implement?
  • The Icon model for OldDagren does not seem to appear when I set it. I added it in the path
View attachment 394789
1 issue that I found miself in :)
How can I find the original dagren icon? (without deleting my change)
I changed the icon in replaceabletextures\commandbuttons with the one from you and now that's my default icon for him.
I know if I delete it the original one will return ,but I want to have the .dds of that original one to use it for tirion only not for dagren.
You just have to write btndagren.dds, without adding replaceabletextures thingy, and import them as btndagren.dds as well.
You will have to manually name it in custom, though, reforged does not recognise imported icons all that well.

Level 35
You just have to write btndagren.dds, without adding replaceabletextures thingy, and import them as btndagren.dds as well.
You will have to manually name it in custom, though, reforged does not recognise imported icons all that well.
Well when I try to use the new Dagren Icons all works well
1644444590541.png

but when I try to do the same thing for Dagren icon (old version) it goes blank instead

:(

Last edited:
@Mr Ogre man Hello Mr Ogre man. I would like to ask if you have made any changes to the Tirion model since the last update. I would also kindly ask for permission to change it (different weapon, new animations) for use in my upcoming Of Blood and Honor campaign.
Sort of, I am going to use a re-reforged paladin as base now, with extra cinematic anims and better body proportions