• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tip/Improvement suggestion for my first lan/online map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
After playing some Maul / TD maps online, most of them are kind of boring because either way everyone win, or everyone lose. (you know when they have group 1 = everyone, group 2 = enemy)

Now I decided, hey I want to make lan or online map that actually have seperate team TD.

I tried to start of building map, terrain is pretty much done. But map itself is far from complete (not even alpha stage yet) But I have problem.

1. I made 2 forces (1 computer on Team 1, 1 computer on Team 2). I load it up from single player testing. Team 1 computer doesnt show up on load screen, Team 2 computer did show up. I'm trying to get both "Team 1" and "Team 2" computer to show up on load screen, how do I do that?

2. How do I allow everyone on Team to upgrade computer's building (on same team) (beside using unit control, I dont want anyone to control any hero but only upgrading building)

- or -

If you are willing to help build trigger event or such for my map, I will be glad and also credit you.

http://ventuz.homestead.com/files/ttda_haloboycs.w3m

26 kb, terrain done, region done, hero not done, monster not done.

Level 2
Not too shabby idea? But anyways...

1. Did put in a force in team2? For ex. a computer player. If there are no players in TEam2 it will not show up!!

2.I'm not clear at what u wanna do, but if u wanna use stuff in the building that is not yours, even if its a computer: U should go to that building in the object editor and go Abilities, then add a ability named Shop Sharing. I dunno if it'll work but it works for shops!!

Ill dl ure map and see whats goin on maybe fix ure problems!!

Level 2
Hmmm, I couln't seem to fix the building thing: The only option is to give Full unit control or change the building to any player in each force and say those players must be in the game tp play it?? ^^

The map looks kewl BTW!!

Level 3
Click on Force Properties and check "Fixed Player Settings".

2. (Triggers)
Code:
Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 3 (Teal) units with his/her allies

Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 2 (Blue) units with his/her allies
(This is not Full unit control with every player on your team, just only with the computer on your team.)

Level 5
thanks!

-edit, new problem rose up. Computer building does not have money. Im trying to do to make player having to pay their own money to upgrade computer's building (not computer's money to upgrade), I have seen that on bunch of other maps (AoS mostly). How do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.