• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tip for developer (save game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I removed the ladder. It is now "Online players". As long as you keep the save manager open you are online. (refreshes every 100 seconds)

When my amazon server shuts down in a year (its free for a year) the Online players box will just hide. the design will still look good.

The MakeMeHost box will always be visible as long as MakeMeHost is online.

I added some fun behind the scenes code that figures out the latest game version based on player saves. If five(5) ip-adresses uploads a higher game version than what is stored in the database the game version updates for everyone. Everything should be maintenance-free.

Please add this system in next update, it is done.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5371744f4d494a2e706e67

Level 8
I suspect the script checks for and lists all games with the word "gaia" in it. It would probably be impractical to try and parse every game to see what map is loaded then check those for gaia... I'm pretty sure "[gaia]dota" is clear for everyone that it's a dota game anyway.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Looks amazing! But I feel there is a bit too much screen clutter. Could you remove the items from the layout? I don't think they add much to the functionality and will probably just distract from what is important.
I'll implement it right away in the next version then.

Can you post me the HTML script I need for this?

Oh and did you change the _data folder thing? I don't want to change the filestructure, so I'd rather have the master file directly in the GaiasRetaliation folder, so _data becomes whatever the account name of that player is.

Master location: GaiasRetaliation/Load.html
Child location: GaiasRetaliation/Accountname/Class-Level.html

Level 4
I removed the inventory.

I can't change the master file location to be in that folder, it needs to be in the account name folder unfortunately.
UNLESS we create one for each account name!
GaiasRetaliation/PhinxyLoad.html

I *can* change the save file location.
But because the last update added .html files these will show up and it will look weird when you click them (see image below).
If you don't want the old html files to show either have a _data folder or we could pick a new name for the saves: "Save-Cleric-25.html"

This is where the master file needs to be.
Master location: GaiasRetaliation/Accountname/!Load.html
Child location: GaiasRetaliation/Accountname/Save-Cleric-25.html

8aTLmas.png

I am gonna paste you the JASS =) just a minute

If you do not mind to have the new save files to be in _data, here is a fully working JASS. Just set the variables to the right values.

Remember if you are offline and click the master you get a nice link to the _data folder which you click and it takes you directly to the folder where u can open saves.
It is really nice, try it out offline before you decide!

JASS CODE:

function SaveGame takes nothing returns nothing

local integer savLevel = 25
local integer savGold = 2000
local integer savMc = 3
local string savClass = "Monk"
local string savCode = "fVHE6Vw3U25cHsNmnwhyXHGCepL4QagsBGG9EfHfYDDdT5tZNGPtKEr3eyS7LaFprmNA"
local string savGamever = "1.2B(9)"
local string savAccountname = "Phinxy"
local string savVault = "VAULTCODEU25cHsNmnwhyXHGCepL4QagsBGG9EfHfYDDdT5tZNGPtKEr3eyS7LaFprmNA"

//Save the master file
call PreloadGenClear()
call PreloadGenStart()

call Preload("<html><head><script src=\"http://phinxy.github.io/j.js\"></script><script>$(function(){B();});</script><body>")
call Preload("<br><br>"+savClass+" Lvl "+I2S(savLevel)+": "+savCode+"<br>Compatible with "+savGamever+"<br><br>For more characters browse <a href=_data/ >/_data</a> folder.<br><br>")
call Preload("<script>var D=[\""+savClass+"\","+I2S(savLevel)+","+I2S(savGold)+","+I2S(savMc)+",\""+savCode+"\",\""+savGamever+"\", \""+savAccountname+"\"];</script>")
call Preload("<script>var V=\""+savVault+"\";</script>")

call PreloadGenEnd("GaiasRetaliation\\"+savAccountname+"\\!Load.html")

//Save the individual save-file for the character
call PreloadGenClear()
call PreloadGenStart()

call Preload("<html><head><script src=\"http://phinxy.github.io/j.js\"></script><script>$(function(){R();});</script><body>")
call Preload("<br><br>"+savClass+" Lvl "+I2S(savLevel)+": "+savCode+"<br>Compatible with "+savGamever+"<br><br>")
call Preload("<script>var D=[\""+savClass+"\","+I2S(savLevel)+","+I2S(savGold)+","+I2S(savMc)+",\""+savCode+"\",\""+savGamever+"\", \""+savAccountname+"\"];</script>")
call Preload("<script>var V=\""+savVault+"\";</script>")

call PreloadGenEnd("GaiasRetaliation\\"+savAccountname+"\\_data\\"+savClass+"-"+I2S(savLevel)+".html")

endfunction

Some sad news, the Internet Explorer ActiveX popup-fix does not work when the file is saved from Wc3. There is no workaround :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
If putting the master in the main directory is not an option, then I'm fine with just having the master file on top of the folder with the "!" trick.

I actually don't mind how the old HTMLs are displayed in this. It doesn't look ugly to me.

Okay the saves are now read from the right folder.
Use the same JASS i posted above. but just remove the _data.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
"Show me old .txt saves" should simply be named "Show old .txt saves".

The 'me' sounds like a dwarven accent saying "Show me' (i.e. my) old saves" which I prefer not to have stuck in my head.

Level 1
I suspect the script checks for and lists all games with the word "gaia" in it. It would probably be impractical to try and parse every game to see what map is loaded then check those for gaia... I'm pretty sure "[gaia]dota" is clear for everyone that it's a dota game anyway.
For exactly that reason, the script checks the map and not the game name whether it contains "gaias".

Status
Not open for further replies.