1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Time Warp - Revisited

Submitted by Bribe
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Basic idea by teuncreemers. Inspired by writing complex 2-D arrays, I made Time Warp a group spell by using 2D arrays within a hashtable. This spell is fully-MUI and heavily bug-proofed.

Launch this spell on a target area and you have them right where you want them! Units that attempt to flee will be attacked by the magic of the portal; units that stick around are at your mercy... there is no escape!

Video

A fleet of inter-dimensional banshees haunt the targets in a select area until the link collapses, thrusting each victim back through time, retracing their steps.

Magic lasts longer and has higher Area of Effect at each level.

Credits:
- Berb for Projectile, Knockback Lite
- Grim001 for AutoIndex and AutoEvents
- Anitarf for Vector

Spell requires Warcraft 3 patch 1.30, extensive modification for Projectile (to use Effect type instead of Unit) and slight modification for AutoIndex (player count increase) and Vector (replace null return value with 0).

Keywords:
Time, warp, travel, system, machine, original, spell, bribe, teuncreemers, vjass, Zinc, fun, high, performance, versatile, youtube
Contents

Time Warp (Map)

Reviews
11:11, 26th May 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The coding looks very good and it's well documented. Many constants which allow users to change it too. The effects are neat as well. Status: Approved Rating: Highly Recommended
  1. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make a spell like this but effect all units but your own?

Is it me or are there bananas having a party?

2. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You mean all enemy units on the map?

3. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude i did a test on this map by transferruring the triggers over to a another map and the abillitys and it stopped working.

4. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    And yes the enemys but my own just say if you play red alert 2 and you can go through time your units will stay the same but the enemys will step back could you?

5. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    1. Do you have the latest JassHelper (not the one that comes with Jass NewGen Pack)?

2. Did you transfer the necessary libraries?

3. Did you copy over the dummy-unit as well?

6. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes yes and yes

7. Admiral Jack

Admiral Jack

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are really a genius Bribe..... I really believe in you man..

8. Nitrofish

Nitrofish

Resources:
    Resources:
    for the love of all things awesome SOMEONE MAKE A WORKING TIMESTOP SPELL (that covers a medium radius around the hero. when this has been accomplished send it to me please)

9. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A Time Stop spell would be a lot easier to do than this. It's really rude that you rate a spell down just because it's not the spell you're looking for. That's like if I went to a spell that creates a chicken and marked it down because it didn't create a rabbit.

Edit: You can make this a request in the Requests section here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/

10. Nitrofish

Nitrofish

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey bribe i didnt downrate im sorry if i offended u i really want a timestop spell your spell isnt bad im just mad cause no one makes a damn timestop and how do i unsubscribe to this thread cause im getting emails its annoying

11. CoLd Bon3

CoLd Bon3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Amm... i have a problem - when i open the Time Warp map and when i click 'Test map', Warcraft 3 stars, but doesn't load the map. I mean that its just like i have launched it from the desktop. It loads only the menu and asks me to select a map to play. Please help! :? (also when i try to save the map - my War3 Editor crashes)

Probably the spell is so d*mn cool that it can't be used. :p :D

12. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It needs to be saved using Jass NewGen Pack and the latest JassHelper (0.A.2.B)

13. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome spell, it look very dangerous so you should run...

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I have updated this resource to be 1.30 compatible. Using the new natives, it now uses effects instead of units. It comes with a massive performance improvement, the expense of not being backwards-compatible, and requires several ancillary resources to be modified to work with it.

It isn't done, but it is in a functional place. I plan to ditch AutoIndex, AutoEvents, Projectile, Vector and Knockback Lite, with GUI Unit Event, Knockback 2.5D and a GUI Projectile system, as well as making this system GUI-compatible, but that is going to be a much bigger project.