• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TimberWolf

Keywords:
timber wolf bear brown animal
Contents

TimberWolf (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 26th of September, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (7) Very Good Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 26th of September, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (7) Very Good

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Level 25
Werewolf model uses wolf unwrap (Quite obvious and basic unwarp with everything layed out). This uses the gnoll unwrap (Everything crushed together to save space). Oh, and WoW hyenas are EVIL. Hence why I made this. Fits in nicely with Murlocs as well, both of them are evil after all...

But yeah, I should have made it less muscly. Ah well, only 94 kilobytes, and thats WITH the duplicate skin that I had to include. Nice and small

Level 5
3.8/5

shoulders need to arch more... needs more of a mane...
improve ears... make ahead a bit more hyena-like. Make back legs shorts... w/ very little bend... and leave front legs as they are
depending on the type of hyena of course...

good idea, could be improved

Level 3
"The body seems a bit muscular; hyenas are generally portrayed looking starved."
But they aren't in real life: http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ballc/animals/hyena.gif

You should switch it to a Gnoll with a more hyena like head, rather than the more doglike ones, but meh, it's still great! Hyenas do exist in WarCraft, and are the Centaur's favored pets, so they would work well in Centaur Creep camps for custom melee maps or campaigns true to WC lore.