• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tic-Tac-Toe by A7xpwns3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Tic-Tac-Toe
Tic-Tac-Toe
By a7xpwns3

Game

Tic-tac-toe. Simple, yet addicting, you can't stop playing! It's very easy to, considering that it never ends.

Commands

-zoom ###
This command chooses how far out you are zoomed.

-rcam
Applys the game camera.

-ncam
Resets the camera.

-commands
Provides a list of commands ingame.

Info
Completely Leakless.
Completely Lagless.
Map is Unprotected.
Map is for two players only.
Map is in beta stage, bugs may exist.

Anything new?
In the next few versions, I will add new game modes, such as roullette mode, which gives you a random item such as skip turn, timed turn, and even auto win!

Changelog
V1.0 - Uploaded.
V1.1 - New AI, fixed known bugs, etc. Huge thanks AGAIN to Ap0calypse.

Credits
Huge thanks to Ap0calypse for dedicated testing, debugging, and contributing systems.
Also thanks to Mf-Shroom AKA Timmy. for ideas.
Keywords:
tic, tac, toe, tic-tac-toe, 3 in a row, mini game, minigame
Contents

Tic-Tac-Toe by A7xpwns3 (Map)

Reviews
10:10, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: It is way to simple. There isn't any diversity in the game, modes, anything. Boring. The AI is very, very stupid. Red always plays first. That's not fair. I won the match and the computer placed a unit after I...

M

10:10, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
It is way to simple. There isn't any diversity in the game, modes, anything. Boring. The AI is very, very stupid. Red always plays first. That's not fair. I won the match and the computer placed a unit after I had won, that could bug. Very simple, I repeat it, I don't think it is anywhere near approval, Rejected.

Level 28
many bugs, we can select all places and then bug

That should be impossible because of these functions:

• Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
This is obvious, you can't drag-select

• Set TempUnitGroup = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Number of units in TempUnitGroup) Greater than 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group(Player 1 (Red))) for 8.00 seconds the text: You can only select...
      • Skip remaining actions
    • Else - Actions
For the smart guys who try double-clicking, this calculates whether there is more than 1 unit selected or not, if it is, the actions will be skipped.

What do you mean with "and then bug"?

Level 28
Many bugs, some units still appearing when starting other game.

Please, when you say "many bugs", describe all the bugs you have found.
That is the whole point of a comment, to remove the bugs.

That's indeed a known bug... it happened when me and A7xpwns3 were testing the map, I guess he just forgot to fix it (which isn't hard).

Any other bugs should also be mentionned, this will improve the map, thanks in advance.

Level 5
I dont think this is gonna be popular... Really, who wants to play tic tac toes in wc3?

Level 17
Tic-Tac-Toe is a remake of the standard pencil and paper game into warcraft 3.

The terrain was great for what style of map it was. While it didn't really matter in a map like this, it looked more pleasing than 90% of maps submitted here. My only visual complain is that the circles of power were all on different angles. I recommend fixing that.

The AI was clearly a must have for this map, and fortunately, it was included. Still, the AI played terribly. Out of the several games I played, the AI was easily defeated.

Rating: 2.4 and recommended for approval

My Recommendations:
Improve the AI.
Re-name 'Quests' to 'Map Info' or 'Readme' (negligible).
Fix the angle of the circles of power.

Level 2
3 problems:
1.) AI is injudicious, making single player worthless
2.) make selection pieces motionless and colisionless - otherwise when they spawn, its the games tendency to seperate flying units.
3.) Tic Tac Toe is a child's game that can be beaten with a simple strategy in which the first person to put a piece down either wins or ties.
Also, this is just an aesthetic critique, but why are the blue balls to the side of the pillars instead of on top?
2/5

Level 31
Good description both in site and game.

Completely Leakless.

• Unit - Create 1 Place Piece for Player 1 (Red) at Location[(Integer A)] facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Look at this and tell me what you leak. :p

Hint : Look at the facing. :p

Doesn't view the entire trigger, but it seems to be ok soo far.

As far as I see, apart from the AI being too noob despite the difficulty is insane and there is no clear sign of how many round a user could have. This resources is fine enough to be approve.

Just because of the concept, it doesn't mean the resources was lacking.

My vote is approve and rating is 3/5 (Useful)