• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thunder Lake

Thunder Lake
Created by 7oda

Map Info

This is a battlefield where the Mighty and Powerful races will clash and show their real power, Who will win?You are the only one who will answer.
Taurens = Orcs
Blood Elves = Humans
Night Elves = Highborne
Undead = Kingdom of the Forgotten

Features

Here are some featuers

• Four new races to experience.
  • New Custom Spells for units and heroes.
  • Powerful AI to test your skills.

Screenshots

Image Description:
Horde Rebellion Army

224271-albums6518-picture79185.jpg

Image Description:
Blood Elf Army

224271-albums6518-picture79184.jpg

Image Description:
Forgotten Army

224271-albums6518-picture80155.png

Image Description:
Highborne Army

224271-albums6518-picture79186.jpg

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Blizzard for the map.
  • yousef for the Description.

Models:

Blood Elf Buildings by SinisterX
Blood Elf Arcane Guardian by AndrewOverload519
BloodElf Wizard by Frankster
Blond-Haired Blood Elf Crusader by Hawkwing
HeroBloodKnight by Tenebis
Tauren Runemaster by Taur
OrcLumbermill by Syroco
Tauren Hunter/Kodo Beast/Hunter V2/Worker by apaka
TaurenAxeFighter by No_exe
TrollRaptorRider by Lord T
BloodElfWalkyrie by UncleFester
LoreKeeper by Apaka
HighborneBuildings By Ujimasa hojo
GlaiveMaiden By Wandering Soul
NightElfWarlock By Sellensiko
TrollManticoreRider By Uncle Fester
FacelessOneGladiator, Facelessonesorcerer and the Saboteur by -Grendel
Faceless Nightmare werver by Misha
Scevanger Creeper by Frankster
FacelessOneScorpion by Sin'dorei300
Nerubian Buildings by Ujimasa Hojo

Skins:

HighElfArcher by Chrome67
BloodElfSorceress by Chrome67
HighbornePriestess By Cakedog345
NightelfArcher By Cakedog345

Icons:

BloodElven Buildings by SinisterX
BTNBloodElfArcher by Chrome67
BTNBloodElfSorceress by Chrome67
BTNBloodElf Wizard by Frankster
BTNTaurenShaman by Mr.Goblin
BTNTaurenAxeFighter by NO_exe
HighborneBuildings By Ujimasa hojo
BTNPowerofIllidan By enjoy
BTNSpellFrostWisp By Blizzard Entertainment
BTNAdept1-2 Peekay
BTNWeaver1-2 Peekay
BTNRedCrystal By Static
BTNSuperNova By Palaslayer
BTNTrollPredator By Mr.Goblin
BTNBloodelfCavalry By Mr.Goblin
BTNDemonForgedAtlas By JollyD
BTNTrollManticoreRider By Uncle Fester
Nerubian Buildings by Ujimasa Hojo

Author's notes

1-Some Bugs maybe found but feedback will be usefull
2-Need ideas and suggestions for Names
Change log

1-Added 3 Mercenary Camps instead of 3 Goblin Merchents.
2-Added new hero to the horde.
3-Added new upgrade and a unit to the blood elves.
4-New spells and icons.
5-Hero added to the tavern.
6-Screenshots added.
This version:
1-Added New Race.
2-Changed icons and Names.
3-Resized the map by getting rid of unused files and the music.

Keywords:
7oda, Tauren, Blood Elves,Thunder Lake
Contents

Thunder Lake (Map)

Reviews
09:12, 24th Jun 2013 Orcnet: can be approved
Maybe the first Tauren map I've seen, but still its a altered melee on blizzard terrain. Not particularly great but not bad either. 4/5 +rep. I saw another map pending with the same type of screenshots and same description template. hmmm, is that a friend of yours? Screenshots look better if taken in-game or cropped. We don't need to see WE. Still better than some who post no screenshots. I would like to see an action shot of the races in battle.

Level 9
Maybe the first Tauren map I've seen, but still its a altered melee on blizzard terrain. Not particularly great but not bad either. 4/5 +rep. I saw another map pending with the same type of screenshots and same description template. hmmm, is that a friend of yours? Screenshots look better if taken in-game or cropped. We don't need to see WE. Still better than some who post no screenshots. I would like to see an action shot of the races in battle.

In fect we are cousines,thanks for your ratings, and i will try your request next update.

Level 30
There only little change to the previous HU and OC race and the rest of it is just replace model and stuff, while the UD and NE were not touched, the terrain as well this map is a bit lacking but can be approved in some way.

In future updates, do your time in altering the UD and NE as well about Altered Melee the gameplay needs to be revamped in some way it will distort but beautify the original melee game.

EDIT: also please do add the DISBTN buttons you removed it turns the other other in a green format and its bad looking

Level 9
There only little change to the previous HU and OC race and the rest of it is just replace model and stuff, while the UD and NE were not touched, the terrain as well this map is a bit lacking but can be approved in some way.

In future updates, do your time in altering the UD and NE as well about Altered Melee the gameplay needs to be revamped in some way it will distort but beautify the original melee game.

EDIT: also please do add the DISBTN buttons you removed it turns the other other in a green format and its bad looking

Ok i will in the next update

Level 9

and about this i'll try soon bec i'm busy with school exams

Level 11
Omg, this is just a replacement for the standard races. Not interesting for me :(
Some people like altered melee, some others not, my report will come soon.

..........EDIT...........

Here is my report:
It is amazing, but i found a bug, the ability of "Anti-magic Shell" doesn't need Sorceress Master Training.

Last edited:
Level 3
Finally a map with the Tauren race! (Orcs always got Taurens, but in this map, Taurens are on their own. Taurens are my favorite. I rate this map 5/5!!! :goblin_yeah:

Level 3
But, sometimes, it produces lag. You've gotta work on those tooltips and hotkeys of every race, those things are important. You also need to add new hero in Taurens. I recommend that the hero's primary attribute is Agility (as a replacement for Blademaster). I would suggest that there's a Mercenary Camp, Goblin Merchants are too many. Merchants got lame items.
Moreover, you're a map is impressive. The Bloodelves got more badass heroes. The Highborne is like the most powerful race in the map. Continue editing and updating this map, this map might become really excellent.
:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
the map is updated and i forgot to say that there is a new hero in the Tavern.

Clawmaster is pretty badass! There's a weird plane appearing when you upgrade in Lumbermill in the Bloodelves race. Keep up the good work!
:goblin_good_job:

Level 11
Why the size of the map is +20 mb? You must reduce the map size, try to use Warcraft 3 models as far as you can and remove the unused models and skins.
I will re-vote for 3/5, if you reduced it to 8 mb I will vote for 5/5.

EDIT:

You have reduced the file too much, but still, its more than 8 mb.

Last edited: