1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Thor the Thundergod

Submitted by olofmoleman
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Yes people, I'm back at Wc3 modding. At least for a while, I have some old projects I want to finish. I still not doing requests though.

Anyway, here's a model I've been wanting to make for ages, but never got around actually making it, Thor, the Thundergod.

Also, incase someone wonders why there aren't any wings or horns on his helmet, this is not the stupid version like the Marvel hero, this is a more accurate Thor how he should look, like any other viking, without shit on his helmet.

Made by Olof Moleman, based on the Paladin model.

Updated:
Made the belt and gauntlets more accurate, made the face and hair completely freehand, changed the colour of the bear skin and fixed some UV issues.

Texture path:
Textures\Thor.blp

Give credit if you use this in your map

Please do not distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
viking, Thor, thunder, god, lightning, mythology, pagan
Contents

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Reviews
16:29, 6th Dec 2008 General Frank: Works ingame and performs very well. ~ Approved.
  1. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lol, you think Batman and Superman is Marvel Superheroes?

2. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, who cares? xD

3. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Marvel Thor is an insult to Norse mythology, really stop talking about it, since it's not relevant to this model. This is an Norse God.

4. merdren

merdren

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Norse is cool and all but what we need is some celtic and gothic stuff to even it out. ive been looking ages for a woad raider! sombody sould Make William Wallace (brave heart)

and or the horns/no horns dispute vikings dident have horns on ther helms but the cattle theifs did the farmers would look onto the field and not see shiny helms but horns moveing about

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. ccwaterfire

ccwaterfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey olof i was just wanting to ask if i could borrow this and turn him alittle different and use him as a builder hero for one of my friends maps, we will still give u credit for original model

6. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thor

You guys all fail owemgee!...

The only Thor that you guys should make models of is Marvel's Thor; and he has no beard and blond hair (basically arthas wielding a hammer but with different clothes would do better then all the Thor models I have seen so far)...

Make me a Marvel Thor please =P and... a Stormbereaker... and all the X-men and Cable and Bishop... and I'll shit myself of happiness, promise...

And might as well add the Hulk, Ironman and Captain America...

And yeah in english his hammer is called M'jolnir, it's tiny but only Thor can pick it up due to his incredible inner strength.

My favorite animated movies: Wonderwoman, Hulk Vs Thor, Hulk vs Wolverine.
    Watch them if you like decapitation and sexy girls.

7. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Like we cared.

8. Great Chief Aeon

Great Chief Aeon

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG!
    very heavy model, but has reasons... the details looks perfect, and in game is even more perfect, but there is something you forget... the wings on thor's helmet... if you can please add it, will be even more awesome than it already is (The Wings that i am saying is just like Age of Mythology's Thor; Link: http://www.google.com.br/imgres?img...6D6Dw&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0)... :thumbs_up:
    Epic! 5/5

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  9. DoogleMcDan

DoogleMcDan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thor dosn't have wings on his helmet as stated, in a different note, Thor and most norse gods are badass, being norweigan I understand that killing a giant is a hard task and that Thor aint need shit to do it. On the other hand my ancestry has nothing to do with what I know about the norse gods. If most people actually knew their shit they would realize that the vikings dropped paganism a looooooong ass time ago and thus dropped their worship of the norse gods. It was around the time of King Ragnar of the Dains and the viking raids of England I believe, hillariously enough most groups of people who ever came to fight over Brittania were all viking in descent, the saxons, and normans all came from the ancient Vikings of norway, denmark and sweden (later came the viking raiders of norway and denmark).Thus much blood was spilled over nothing because of the vast time gap between different colonizational periods of England, but I do believe that the original Briton barbarians were not in fact vikings, and I also believe the romans colonized their too but were halted by the scottish peoples.

10. Fire Eagle

Fire Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model. Very good looking. 5/5. I rated it.