• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

this model is bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this and I was trying to find out why it acts buggy 2 hours on??

- only stand animation plays properly
- birth and death animation do not play ingame. When teh unit gets built it shows all geosets which should not be. When it it dies it jsut stands there and then switches to decay
- also the separate _portrait model is not shown
can someone look at it and tell me what's wrong with it?

Attachments

• Building_Depository.mdx
    19.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Building_Depository_Portrait.mdx
    17.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Metal.blp
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 21
- only stand animation plays properly
- birth and death animation do not play ingame. When teh unit gets built it shows all geosets which should not be. When it it dies it jsut stands there and then switches to decay
Same problem as your Square_Worker model; sequences are not in the correct order.
- also the separate _portrait model is not shown
Open the model with War3 Model Editor; Edit > Calculate Extents.

Level 21
The order does not matter at all, actually.
As long as your animations have distinct keyframes and intervals and have the correct looping/non-looping flags, the order of the animations is not important.
Actually, you'll find that models don't work properly in game (but still work in War3 Model Editor) if sequences are not arranged so that their keyframes are in ascending order, as I already said in his other thread.

Level 21
Sequences1.jpg

Sequences2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's different now for Reforged models, but over the years I've had many cases where models didn't work just because of the order of sequences.

I doubt that. I've been doing buildings and stuff since 2007 or so and never had a problem.
Neither do I have the problem now in classical mode.

Level 21
I doubt that. I've been doing buildings and stuff since 2007 or so and never had a problem.
Neither do I have the problem now in classical mode.
Here's a simple example if you want to try it out for yourself; here you have two Grunt models; I changed the order of some sequences in one of them and the other one has not been edited. Their animations look identical in War3 Model Editor, Mdlvis and Retera's Model Studio, but only one of them works properly when they're imported into a map.

Attachments

• gruntWorks.mdx
    99.8 KB · Views: 24
  • gruntDoesntWork.mdx
    99.8 KB · Views: 20
Level 29
Tested on 1.29.2 and 1.30.4, and the issue is in both. What version are you using, Frank?
I can't fathom how the order makes the game break in any way, just wow.

/edit
Forgot to say, the edited model in the previous post does work for me, and shouldn't have any issues as far as I can see from its data. Are you sure you tested it properly? e.g. restart WE/reopen your map after importing.

I will add this error to the sanity tester.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.