Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

This guy got through to Blizzard

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Deathcom3s, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or in a channel lobby, or in the score screen.

If you want to chat to someone and you aren't in one of those situations, the question becomes "why do you want to chat with them again?"

No, other people can suggest people who are on their friends lists. If you want to play a few games with an acquaintance, you can just temporarily add them--I don't see the problem.

I do know the restrictions, as was implied in the "you can only sit five at once" sentence right above what you quoted.

--

About "game mods", I meant "game modes" (yay misspelling).

2. JackRCDF

JackRCDF

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @DrPepper

The majority of Starcraft 2 players, especially the ones that have played WC3 or SC1, dislike the same things that Mesk dislikes. They aren't really a minority. The minority is the people that think Mesk is wrong about everything, and are rather vocal about it.

He was successful in terms of starcraft modding, as in, over 500 people downloaded his mod of a 12 year old game. Not successful like footman frenzy.

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you back that up, Jack? The majority of players don't seem to care enough to complain if they actually do dislike all those things like you would have us believe.

4. killer1390

killer1390

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Jack: Agreed

@Purple: People are lazy!

5. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And you can justify that it's laziness and not disagreement that is leading them to not comment?

People hardly seem "lazy" to me given how much they are willing to whine.

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Okay poot, i'll say im in the majority

7. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    something i offered in TL (im sorry that im talking so much about melee but the editor issues arent rly something to be called a prob)

8. tagg1080

tagg1080

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was in an interview somewhere, I don't feel like looking for it.

A Blue said that they like the small divisions, because it makes people feel more than just a number.

The argument is that you don't wanna be #14,679 in a division. You would feel like crap.

9. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Brings up another point. Why the heck did they remove copper and add diamond? Isn't that the same as just renaming the previous four tiers?

10. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    they have their reasons, however dumb and redundant they may be

11. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Especially bad because Platinum actually sounds cool, like an actual elite league.

Diamond sounds retarded.

12. JackRCDF

JackRCDF

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Purple while not every single person playing SC2 has voiced their opinion, there are numerous polls and topics like this where, overall, people have a negative view of the new bnet. This is like having a sampling of the SC2 population and running a survey on them. I don't know much about running correct statistical surveys but as far as I know, those who voice an opinion are representative of the majority, and compose a large part of the majority.

Admittedly the players voicing their opinions that I've seen are mappers, modders, and skilled melee-ers, but I consider them to be the people whose opinion counts. Also, people at the bnet forums, who are often NOT skilled melee-ers, mappers, or modders, also have a negative view of bnet2.

13. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not dumb at all.
    Many guys were actually confused whether copper or bronze is the higher league as these metals look quite similar.
    So it got changed. Not of a big deal, so what's your problem?

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, this:

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/270/blizzards-frank-pearce-interview/1

this is an interview of an Arrogant fox called Frank Pearce

look how impudently said:
    ... they won't need the service.. who the hell are you to decide if we want it you no good.. director or whoever

15. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Chat for clans and groups really sounds good enough for me.

On a side note, I would bet you any amount of money that the vast majority of people complaining are all talk, no action. I'm betting that the vast majority of these people complaining will buy Starcraft 2, thus supporting Blizzard and its "cash cows". Kinda hard to put your money where your mouth is when you spend your free time whining on blogs expecting other people to fix your problems, eh?

16. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yes they would buy it but it's very silly to not add chat channels, you can talk, whisper, see other profiles etc.. I prefer to argue in beta where blizzard can directly see but such like Frank may prevent it frm happening

17. JackRCDF

JackRCDF

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But do you really want chat rooms?

Gotta love new memes. There's 54 pages on bnet forums AT LEAST saying they want chat rooms.

18. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The problem with this is that a real poll goes out and asks random people, while these polls ask like-minded people on a forum where they would probably not be if they didn't hold that opinion (TL is a site designed to hate on everything that isn't Starcraft--their April Fools joke, while being a joke, is a parody of this (http://www.sc2promod.com/).

19. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you really want chat rooms?

To be honest, if they add in group chat and clan chat ALONG with party chat I think that would effectively fulfill the same person. You could have a group called "My frendz!!1!" and then add people you meet in custom games to it so that you can chat or some shit. I'm just going to wait till release to see how well they do it. If you want to whine about the lack of features in a beta pre-release game, suit yourself.

As for the other non-chat related features of b.net 2.0, it generally seems better, imo people are just making too big a deal out of it.

20. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok I just wanna say - Im done with this topic. I posted in THW, TeamLiquid, SC2 General Discussion, SC2 Beta Forums, SCIncgamers.. these issues, the whole yesterday passed in posting why bnet 2.0 needs these etc etc. A whole day wasted, I did post more than enough and I have exams..

From here there are enough ppl to BASH Blizzard if you think only TL do it.. (check bnet forums and beta forums). Im done, no more wasting even 1 hr on such topic. Maybe an organized 'I won't buy SC2 with such bnet' with thousands of people will be an issue for the money they plan to earn. The message TO Blizzard is clear, give us chat channels, clans and proper ladder or enjoy another 1000 threads how Bnet 2.0 sux and also enoy people going back to Broodwar and war3 Bnet playing there..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.