• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This game makes me want to stop breathing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Oh my god. The leveling in WoW is so slow. I don't know why I never noticed this before!!! :thumbs_down: It should be at least 4x what it is now...

Also, I've been thinking, why would anyone want to pay to hack endlessly at monsters that don't drop anything good, or when they do if you try to take it somebody in your group shouts at you. WTF? How did I get to level 70 without noticing this? :bored:

Not only that you can't loot shit, the auction house prices are so far jacked up that it's like everyone expects your low level character to have a rich level 70 who can give it 50 gold to buy some shitty blue shoulderpads... Ugh.

Did I mention that your character is slow? Aah, I think mounts should be available at level 1!!! And be twice as fast!! It sucks to have to explore to a region before you can fly there. And it sucks even more that it takes you hours upon hours to get from teldrassil to stormwind because you have to trek through Wetlands where you die in 2 or 3 hits every time you come across something that attacks you.

What are your opinions on these subjects? :eekani:

Level 8
@ mount - They're changing price down for the 40 as well as level, its going down to 30, even though, my alt still cant afford it unless I sell 5 billion leathers on the AH.

@ AH prices - Now that the sunwell dailies, 150+g a day for all the 70's means that prices are going way, way up.

@ XP - Yeah, it is slow, but it was even slower a long time ago. They doubled mob xp gains and quest xp gains I think in 2.3.

Level 3
Leveling does suck, and it sucks doubly so when you've done the leveling content multiple times before. It's boring, and very pointless. I've always said they should let you make level 55's of every class when you've unlocked Death Knights in WoTLK. WoW is really only worth it for its end-game.

In my experience leveling is only bearable when you're with a friend or a guild or there's some social component that can keep you motivated. So if you're leveling solo, that might be your problem. This has been the problem with all my unsuccessful characters.

That said, use the auction house to your advantage. You can make tons of money selling low level gathering crap which can fund your bags, mount, and whatever other cheap crap you can find. I wouldn't recommend ever buying gear unless the price is reasonable. You shouldn't even be buying gear at 70. If you play at peak hours you can generally find a group for some relevant instance and get some blues or greens in addition to experience and quests. (I can't promise the group will be very competent though, sometimes you just have to suck it up.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
hack endlessly at monsters that don't drop anything good,

That reminds me so much of diablo II in some way. That is probably because of what can only be described as "cursed luck". Basically good items in any RPG or MMORPG tend to have a extreemly low chance of dropping (MMORPGS the lowest chance due to so many people). This is statistially ok, as it eventually evens out acording to averages and other such maths. However some people are just plain unlucky in computer games.

You can be playing with a group of 3-4 friends and nothing at all good will drop, even if you do runs an insane number of times and have as many item boosting methods as the game provides. But suddenly you go fight with some one else and from normal bad guys, decent items drop.

Although I do not have WoW, I have experienced this in many RPGs both SP and MP and even WC3 map ones. There is nothing you can do but hope the random number seed chain that blizzard's WoW servers use will be lucky when you kill something. This can be irritating and often you feel like the reported drop rates are a lot higher than for you in the end.

idk what u guys are talking about, maybe atking creeps o_O

if u look online, instance bosses have %'s of dropping stuff. find an instance with an item that you need, You gather some friends that need some of the items, do the instance till u guys are satisfied, (theres at least like 5 bosses each instance) and although leveling sucks, it makes the game longer.

Level 14
I hate my friend so much. He overexagerated WoW. I got the game thinking I would be fighting in epic battles of Horde vs. Alliance. Entire towns destroyed by the ravenous armies of the Horde! Instead I got stuck leveling my war for two and a half years til I got to 66 and quit. Only thing that kept me playing were my stupid friends.

Level 27
I never played on normal servers from blizzard... i have this char on a private server... i played until i got to 30 or something. Quited for some months, got back and leveled to 45-49 or something and then quited for some months again and then got back AGAIN and leveled to level 54. But i really hate it that a level 70 character with crap gear can easily kill a level 54 with the best gear available for his level.

And also nobody wanted to do Maraudon with me =/

Now i've quit playing again, i was hoping to have the patience to get to level 60 and then buy an epic mount and also raise my fishing skill to 100-120 so i could use that nice fishing rod which gave me +100 fishing skill bonus. But i never came to it...

Level 36
Dreadnought[dA];742661 said:
I agree 100% WoW sucks because of leveling. I'd probably get it if I started with a lvl 70 XD

How foolish. Folks, leveling is a crappy experience, BUT it is necessary!

Here's a prime example: Blizzard's PTR (Private Test Realm). For testing certain patches you can create level 70's instantly on there. And you know what? Unless you already have a level 70 of the character that you're playing, you wont stand a chance in a duel.

If you started the game at level 70, two things would happen.
1) You'd suck total ass, because you'd have no idea how to play your class, or even the game for that matter if it was your first time.
2) You'd be overwhelmed as hell. Why do you think Blizzard decided to gradually introduce spells? So you can get used to them and figure out strategies. Presenting everything at once would just get you totally lost.

Now, some present the argument that with time you'd figure it out eventually, but I find this as nonsense. By the time you're capable of playing the class the way you should be, you could have leveled to 70.

And it still shouldn't be any different if you already have a 70 character. Just because I have a 70 Warrior, doesn't mean I automatically know how to play a 70 caster, thus, I should not be able to make one from 70.

Level 36
Wrong. The average player can get to level 40 in under 7 days of Played-Time on a character. The average user hits 70 in 15 days played time.

Learning to raid with a character from scratch? Yeah, it'll probably take about that long. Learning to not suck ass in PVP, when playing against other players that actually know how to play their class? That long too.

Level 36
How foolish. Folks, leveling is a crappy experience, BUT it is necessary!

Here's a prime example: Blizzard's PTR (Private Test Realm). For testing certain patches you can create level 70's instantly on there. And you know what? Unless you already have a level 70 of the character that you're playing, you wont stand a chance in a duel.

If you started the game at level 70, two things would happen.
1) You'd suck total ass, because you'd have no idea how to play your class, or even the game for that matter if it was your first time.
2) You'd be overwhelmed as hell. Why do you think Blizzard decided to gradually introduce spells? So you can get used to them and figure out strategies. Presenting everything at once would just get you totally lost.

Now, some present the argument that with time you'd figure it out eventually, but I find this as nonsense. By the time you're capable of playing the class the way you should be, you could have leveled to 70.

And it still shouldn't be any different if you already have a 70 character. Just because I have a 70 Warrior, doesn't mean I automatically know how to play a 70 caster, thus, I should not be able to make one from 70.

So you'd start sucking, and you'd get owned by everyone. You would get experience after time. If you started at 70 you would still get good, you'd just start crappy. It's a shame that Blizzard doesn't have an instant-70 realm (and test realm you don't start with premades anymore... I don't think). The only place you can go is a private server and even those are filled with dumb free uber loot PVP servers, which is retarded, I'd like one with free level 70 but start with tier 3 or something. Anyways, just a side note, why does Blizzard even use a realmlist file? Without it, nobody could have private servers... makes me think like they actually support it 0.o

Level 7
The only place you can go is a private server and even those are filled with dumb free uber loot PVP servers, which is retarded, I'd like one with free level 70 but start with tier 3 or something.

So you want to start with a 70 in a level 60 epic set (tier 3)? Lol, I think you ment tier 4, and I agree that would be badass.

Level 7
To the thread opener, I can only imagine that you've hardly even scratched the surface of WoW. Are you level 10? 20?

Leveling - Leveling is what you make of it. Umm, no crap you won't enjoy it, if you just walk into a forest to kill 50 boars. Instead, follow the questlines, play with friends, and run instances.

A. Quests). This is speaking from the Alliance point of view.

There are many interesting quests in early WoW, including the entire Defias storyline (The masons, Vancleef, it's all good stuff). Not to mention Duskwood, a haven of interesting quests.

B. Friends).

Play with friends/siblings! It makes the game far more enjoyable.

C. Instances)
Instances are fun, especially if you have cool group members. Having to collaborate and work together can be challenging and entertaining.

About leveling isn't fast enough... It is. The average WoW player (has a 70) can get to level 25 in what, a week? four days? It's not long. It's getting used to the game that takes a little time.

Next, the Auction House is inflated due to dailies. Once you get to 70 it's all good. Not to mention, you don't really need anything from the Auction House if you run instances...

It's too bad you weren't 70 earlier, back in the days of Server Feuds and showdowns at Halaa. In the shadow of WotLK, things have calmed down, and things have hit a lull. But the epic battles are still out there, just, not till you get to 70...

Oh! and about t3? It can last you til kara.

Level 7
You know, the main selling point of MMOs is the social interaction, but this point is completely, utterly eliminated by the fact you interact with total morons and douchebags 98% of the time.

WoW blows. And if you pay for it, you're just plain naive.

If you think that everyone that plays WoW has the exact same mindset and that they all set out to be a moron/douchebag, then you should pay a little more attention.

Not to mention you're calling millions of people douchebags, while at the same time insulting anyone that plays WoW.

If anything you're far more naive than those you accuse of being so.

Level 17
Mount is easily - too easily - to afford when dinging 40.

I had 250 g when I dinged 40 with my Shaman, I had no main on that server back then.

Level 4
How? My level 45 guy only has like 100 gold... and that's because he's a high level enchanter and sells fierys and stuff to level 19 or 29 battleground accounts.

Not to mention you're calling millions of people douchebags, while at the same time insulting anyone that plays WoW.

Explain to me how paying 20$ a month to actually have the right to play a game you already paid 60$ for is not a ripoff.

Also, yes, there are many idiots. That's why you need to choose who you play with carefully. Unfortunatly, that takes a while if you don't already have friends playing with you.
And you WILL have to deal with idiots a lot.

Level 7
Explain to me how paying 20$ a month to actually have the right to play a game you already paid 60$ for is not a ripoff.

Also, yes, there are many idiots. That's why you need to choose who you play with carefully. Unfortunatly, that takes a while if you don't already have friends playing with you.
And you WILL have to deal with idiots a lot.

The game's actually only 20$, and monthly is 15$. Even at release it was only 40$.

I would think it's worth it because:

a). Hours and hours more gameplay than non-subscription games, and that's even if you do everything just once.

b). It's a more expensive game to uphold. Purchasing and maintaining servers isn't cheap. A game the size of World of Warcraft couldn't run on initial purchases alone. The massive income allows WoW to keep updated, bring out fresh material, and keep players happy (except for the small portion who are on the WoW forums more than the actual game).

c). Blizzard also has a massive staff to uphold World of Warcraft, not only for its creation but for its maintenance.

I personally believe I'm paying more for a higher quality game, though I'm certain others disagree with me. If you don't want to pay for an MMO, play Guild Wars. It's a good game but it comes short of the detail and polish that WoW maintains.

Level 17
I was skinner and miner back then.

I could put a stack of Heavy Leather for like 10 g on AH. People bought it 5 minutes after.

I sold a random level 28 green for 50 g too.

Level 4
Because people have these "twink" accounts that are just level 19 or 29 or 39 or whatever (top of battleground brackets) that have all the best gear and level 70 enchants on their items and just go in pvp and kill people. Now, how they got the name "twink" I have no idea :|

Most people on WoW don't know what twink means in real life, so I think it's kinda funny when they say "I'm a twink" or "I want to buy twink gear". :p

Status
Not open for further replies.