1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TheMadman.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
lets start off with a little background info:

No one knows for certain the identity of this masked and demented murderer. Some say he was confined for eons in the deepest pit of Hell, a villain so black at heart that even the Hellbourne treated him as a pariah, yet so deadly that they were forced to call upon him in their war with the Legion. Others say he is a man, just a man, but driven mad by the endless carnage he has witnessed.

tried my best to make the hair look good. but the wrap really messes it up and believe me i've tried many styles. well this could be used for anyone who wishes to make a HoN map or any map with undead vile things.
enjoy

UPDATE::
~changued boots
~blooded back for those bony protrusions
~cooler screenshot
~darker mask
~moved the lower part of the mask a little bit as chrome said
~and i saturated the blood on the mask

Keywords:
madman, newerth, undead, Hellbourne
Contents

The Madman (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
20:13, 12th Sep 2010 67chrome: You should darken his face so that his glowing eyes are more prominent, as is the openings in his mask look a lot like eyes themselves. I'd recommend moving the bottom of the mask up higher as well, were it is gives...
  1. 20:13, 12th Sep 2010
    67chrome: You should darken his face so that his glowing eyes are more prominent, as is the openings in his mask look a lot like eyes themselves. I'd recommend moving the bottom of the mask up higher as well, were it is gives the nose a rather elongated feel. Other than facial cosmetics this skin looks nice.

21:55, 29th Sep 2010
    67chrome: I was sort of hopping you'd work a little more on this, but this skin is of sufficient quality for approval.

2. Darkzealot_128

Darkzealot_128

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That skin looks.. amazing. =O

3. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    thank you

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty sick! I don't know how this Madman looks in HoN, but I think it would look better if you covered his body in the same style of blood and whatnot that you did to his face, right now it looks a bit unfinished. This is fantastic, and with a little more work it could be spectacular!

5. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks great!! And everyone knows that you think your own skin sucks, but it dosn't :p

6. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well i did try to cover his body with blood in my first making of this skin, he looked kinda messy in-game. but i'll see what i can do with it.

7. ghostknives

ghostknives

Resources:
    Resources:
    wicked!!

8. 13L4M3

13L4M3

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I love that face :eek:!
    The model is realy awesome, could be used in quite many ways :d!
    Real nice work 5/5 +rep

9. -PsYcHoVicIoUs-

-PsYcHoVicIoUs-

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    nice,
    the ghoul is a hard model to skin too

11. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks like a combination of plastic and metal, and eyes are kinda weird. I seem to remember that the Madman had more leather clothing; and he had not so much blood on himself, but that's just a taste of your opinion. And why it appears he got cracks on his legs? The helmet could use some more work. I noticed one last thing: his mouth; I don't know what you intended to do or to look like something, but it appears he got a hole from his upper teeth to his nose.
    A rating of 2/5 would be applied. When changes are made, you will get more positive mark.

12. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    first of all, i applied blood on his back because i wanna make use of the protrusions on his back. second, he doesnt have leather clothing because the wrap of his body messes it all up(it wraps on his shoulders, which makes it look kinda weird in-game). third, the "cracks" that you point out are cuts, like when you get cut by a knife, it leaves a non-deep wound.
    and last the "hole" you are talking about is just a bug in the war3 viewer. download the texture and check it, no hole absolutely
    hope that explains everything

13. WiNged_DeAth

WiNged_DeAth

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks better with the blood on his back, now his body dosn't look so plain.

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    there's something odd with his nose/upper mouth area

16. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    His face and claws are wicked sick.

17. Soul Theft

Soul Theft

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    your madman has teeth but original madman doesen't [​IMG]

18. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no matter what you do with this skin, its going to end up looking retarded. Its really quite impressive, but the whole wrap just obliterates it.

19. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:

well you know, sir, the lower jaw is separated from the upper one, which, if i put a mask, it'll open each time he speaks. hope that explains everything

what? the hole? its just a bug in the viewer, my war3 viewer tends to make holes in models. dunno if that's juts in my viewer.