• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The_Flood's CameraSystem V2d

By: The_Flood

---

This is a Camera System I created on a hour in GUI. It is fully MPI, and works good.

Anyway, this system allows all players to change the views with the Arrowkeys. The things avaible to change is:

- Distance from a Target.
- Rotation.
- Angle of Attack.

Those three I thought were the most important things.

Well, this system is easy to copy and paste, a lot of comments inside map, also a tutorial on how to copy and paste a Spell/Tutorial, easy.

Well, download the System, check it out, read the comments inside, and comment here!

//Flood - a.k.a. The_Flood

UPDATE (OLD):

> I've updated this system now. It now increases the cameras height due the height your unit is at.

> And a little code edit.

> And finally added a Ingame Screen Shot :)

UPDATE (Version 2a):

> I've made the system run faster and I've increased the period loop from 0.02 > 0.03 to avoid abit lagg.

> Fixed a leak (Player Group leak).

> Added a new command (-unstuck) this will unstuck your camera from a unit.

> Added a new trigger that allow you to change your cameraunit.

> Added an option that allow you to pick if you want the players to be able to stuck their camera to friends units.

> Fixed that when your camera unit dies, your camera will be automatically reseted and unstucked.

UPDATE (Version 2b):

> Fixed an issue with the rotating of the camera. Before the camera could spin heavily around and didn't stop, but it's fixed now.

> Added an function called
  • Custom script: call CameraOn(1, true)
with this function you're enabled to disable or enable a specific players camera.
You can simply edit the event to the one you want.

UPDATE (Version 2c)

> Added an option that allow you to change the maximum and minimum distance the camera can be from an unit and the maximum and minimum height your camera can have.

• -------- Change the maximum and minimum camera options --------
  • -------- ---- --------
  • -------- This is the maximum distance the camera can be from an unit. --------
  • Set MaxDistance = 1750.00
  • -------- This is the minimum distance the camera can be from an unit. --------
  • Set MinDistance = 400.00
  • -------- This is how far up the camera can be, less number = higher. --------
  • Set MaxAngleOfAttack = 270.00
  • -------- This is how far down the camera can be, high number = lower --------
  • Set MinAngleOfAttack = 340.00
this can be found in the CameraSystem Initialization trigger.

UPDATE (Version 2d)

> The four variables MaxDistance, MinDistance, MaxAngleOfAttack and MinAngleOfAttack are now arrays to allow players to have different values.

Keywords:
Camera, System, Flood, The_Flood, Simple, Camera System, Updated, view, arrowkey, arrow, key,
Contents

The_Flood's CameraSystem Version 2d (Map)

Reviews
PurplePoot: Requires an ingame screenshot. The_Reborn_Devil: Couldn't find any leaks and it got an ingame screenshot now. Approved
Level 4
Is it possible to put a normal camera mode this system? Because the command "disable" doesn't disable the system completely off. I would appreciate

Level 1
Hi. Long-time lurker and 5+ years late to this party but wanted to post anyway...

Here is my fix to the camera height issue (the one that makes the cam too high when the unit climbs a hill or otherwise traverses to higher places):

jWcIVJ7.png
camfix.png

qB6lg

You may need to play with the numbers a bit or potentially add more variation to the adjustment to fit your map. This worked well enough for my purposes. Thank you for the great cam system!

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey, this camera is cool, but when I copy it to my map it dont work. I got compile error because CameraOn function is undefined, but called in Enable Camera Example and Disable Camera Example trigger. Can not find it definition nowhere in System map, yet there it somehow works. Any suggestions?

Also, when I Disable camera it is still locked to place. You may click on minimap but can not scroll away. Is this how it should be? I would like to be able to disable camera to return normal game camera... and then enable it back again.

Level 4
Did you check the map’s custom script section? (Click the icon of the map in the trigger editor list of triggers.)

You were right, it is there. Thank you!

To that point, I must say this would be nice to be mentioned in comment about "how to copy spell" instead of cool story about writing it down on paper took years. Also, the function does nothing else than set CameraEnabled variable for specific player. I see no reason for custom function like this.