1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Walking Dead [v1.0b]

Submitted by HawK047
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Small update:
- Fixed the faulty camera system. The triggering was incomplete, thus not working correctly for anyone other than player 1.
- Corrected loading screen title. My mistake.

Update v1.0b!
Changelog:
- Added camera system; You can now switch between the normal warcraft 3 top view and the custom third person view.

The top view trades in sight radius for 360 degrees character awareness for balance with third person view.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its the Zombie Apocalypse. You and your friends have decided to spend the night in a ruined house while trying to travel away from all the chaos.
Most of them come at night, so its time to barricade those entrances!

This game is a slow/moderate paced zombie survival map.
Its loosely based on the old Night of The Living Dead movie, and its also sort of how you play it. This map is not based around marines and big guns, but instead civilians, improvised weapons and defence.
Get wood to barricade the house with. Search for weapons to defend yourself, and dont get hit! Getting hit will get you infected, resulting in a slow death and after that; Reanimation...

The Walking Dead is a 4 player co-op map. You will need good teamwork if you wish to survive the night.
Me and my fellow IRL beta testers never made it to the end without cheating, so good luck. (Its definatly possible!)

---------------------------------------------
Credits:
Produced by:
- HawK047

Playtesters:
Gamer friends: Roel, Koen, Coen and Kilian.

Alot of stuff I used in my map isnt mine.
These people deserve credit for one of more features in my map:

Models from:
- xXm0rpH3usXx
- Kitabatake
- Illidan(Evil)X
- Punisher_x
- Villager
- Thrikodius
- xXx-Tricky-xXx
- The guy that made these awesome zombie models! I couldn't find your name anywhere, sorry.:(

Sounds from:
- The "Zombie Master" developers (Half Life 2 modification)
- Rusty's ZM shambler sounds
- Aliens vs Predator 2
- Other sounds I took from Findsounds.com

And thanks to anybody else i have forgotten. (Sorry!)

Also, thanks to anyone who has supported and/or helped me make this map!
---------------------------------------------

Keywords:
Zombie, Dead, Defence, Barricade, Apocalypse, The, Walking, Dead, Survival.
Contents

The Walking Dead [v1.0b] (Map)

Reviews
00:59, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. HawK047

HawK047

Resources:
    Resources:
    O'rly. What did you do, camp like the hero you are?

Why dont you go out and make a map like this? Takes a hell of more time than you think.

2. JungleBunny

JungleBunny

Resources:
    Resources:
    to top it all off we beat it w/ 1 barricade roflmfao add some difficulty and make it a decent map instead of making it afk autorepair bunker and lemme tell u its hard to make enemys attack walk and have a perminant slow poison that kills

3. HawK047

HawK047

Resources:
    Resources:
    First off, why are you trying to start a fight? Like I told before, I am in no way a great mapper. I'm doing this for my fun.
    I know there's stuff broken in my map. Its your loss if you decide to jump right into the closet room and camp there while autorepairing the barricade.
    Think you can do better? Try it yourself, kid.

I'm somewhat happy you didnt like my map. Theres always got to be someone that hates your work and I'm glad thats you. This way I atleast wont be playing with you online.:)

By the way, you should work your spelling a bit. Its "permanent" not "perminant".;)
    Your maturity is also lacking but I cant complain since you'll grow more mature as you age.:)

Atleast thanks for giving my map a try.

4. crawlers

crawlers

Resources:
    Resources:
    whoever this person is, it seams he just created a new account for flaming you because he only has 2 posts (when i made this comment :) ), or hes just a new guy who cant think of anything better to do >.>

5. ZKAmedic

ZKAmedic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm this looks good so i will try it, i think it will be good so im voting acception dont make me sad

6. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
    Reject.

Reason for not approving:
    Terrain needs major updating to meet today's standards.