• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Story of Van Eastmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
sonofjay you made nice map there. I can't wait to check map script and object data.
Care about imports, it's true that map size don't mater but if you can present almost same effects, with 50 MB less, why not...

Thanks for looking on the thread, but no worries, I'm compressing all the imports to bring down the filesize. might get it down to 20-30mb min-max.

Level 28
Nah we didn't quit, we keep progressing while not updating the thread. Hahaha, well bad luck that the *supposed to be new main character model* will not be use since the UV mapping was broken badly. Oh well, Krad is making his best to get something for the main character.

Again:

61.gif
Sorry for not updating you guys, I was supposed to surprise you guys with a very long list of updates, but someone bumped the thread.

Level 28
I believe we know the direction of this project, I just don't know why we need to reveal more of the story, isn't that suppose to be discovered in the game? But if you insist then I might reveal a small thing of it.

The thing that we put on the thread might too simple and over used but are you sure that it is all we have in our pocket?

Level 12
And you are sure your story is even moderately good? You wouldn't want to revamp the entire thing if you suddenly receive a bad response from players about the story. That's exactly why you should release at least a considerable amount of story before releasing the map itself. From what I read, I only know you have barely any family left and you want to reach the "top"?

If you've already developed your map to the point of no return, then I'll simply say good luck and pray that you've centered your map around a good story. The least you could do right now is give a better description for each of the other characters.

Level 28
And you are sure your story is even moderately good? You wouldn't want to revamp the entire thing if you suddenly receive a bad response from players about the story. That's exactly why you should release at least a considerable amount of story before releasing the map itself. From what I read, I only know you have barely any family left and you want to reach the "top"?

If you've already developed your map to the point of no return, then I'll simply say good luck and pray that you've centered your map around a good story. The least you could do right now is give a better description for each of the other characters.

Okay, I'll post the story of the map, but its hard to revamp at this point, thanks and I hope to see your feedback when we reveal the story. I'm pretty confident on this though, and the only thing I can tell at this moment is, the game is not driven by the story of the main character, but the events happening on the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.