• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Sin Spellpack HOT

This Spellpack contain 6 diffrent GUI MUI spells

This spellpack theme is all about Fire .

The spells are : Fire Fly - Phychic Blast - Pyro Jump - Fire Bounce - Pyro Chain - Fire Eruption Trap .

Each spell is MUI but only one spell Contain various levels (FIRE FLY)

Credits - to Paladon for his jump system :)

----RMX----

Keywords:
Fire flames Fly Bounce pit Chain Buff Damage Jump Trap Rmx nova
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
15:23, 19th Feb 2009 Dr Super Good: Recommended Very good GUI spells. They seem bugless and function properly whenever cast. Their affects are also very good and you certainly can say they are unique. I also failed to find a single leak...

M

15:23, 19th Feb 2009
Dr Super Good:
Evaluation

Rating

Recommended
Rating Comment

Very good GUI spells. They seem bugless and function properly whenever cast. Their affects are also very good and you certainly can say they are unique. I also failed to find a single leak in the time I glanced over the coding. However as they are GUI they are not the most efficent, so casting some of the spells more than once resulted it noticable FPS reduction when combined with the effects. Also not all of the spells are shown to have multi level support, although for some of them it should be easy enough to add.

Suggestions . . .
- Optimize coding (if possiable)
- Add full multi level support to all triggered abilities.
Advice: If you do not understand why this spell was given the rating it received or if you would like to ask questions about how to improve this spell. Feel free to send a private message to spell moderator Dr Super Good.

Level 37
Ok, i'm just checking the triggers use 0.03 or 0.04 periodic time even 0.02 is just to small.

Multi level support would be nice.

Spells seems ok, well most of them, i really like the Fire Bounce.

Triggering is not so well for example this
  • Set FF_AOE[FF_Times] = (((Level of Fire Fly for FF_Hero[FF_Times]) x 1) x 150)
Whats that x1 for?

Special effects are so-so.

As i said change that to 0.03 and add multi level support.

For now i would rate it ~3.

These spells really are nice. They use the jump system quite nicely =)
I really liked the Fire Fly ability (Y)
The documentation on the triggers is very accurate and nice, but the tooltips on the abilities could use some work, they're a little difficult to understand, espcially the Hero ability. Other than that, it's nice!
I'd give it a 9/10 (the ideas for all the spells are a little too similar, I think)

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
TO Berzeker U say my trigering isn't efficient and there is only 1 mistake in the whole spellpack well that's wrong
U are right i should put it to 0.03 will i'll fix it later.
BTW i'm not focusing on special effect too much i like the idea of the spell :p

ALSO the Multi-Level support can be done easily so any noobish spellmaker can do with this trigers the Multi-Level support coz all the variabels are infront of him :p

Level 6
I love that ward you made and the fire fly ability......... but i don't know why it is called fire fly if you sink?

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Thnx to all for this awesome comments and about FIRE FLY don't worry i'll change it ... if it bother u alot :p anyway thnx to all and i will be releasing my REVOLUTION SPELLPACK soon :)

-FOR PALADON- I put the jump system in each spell coz if somebody want to copy the spell he just copy the 2 trigers for it not 3 trigers :p

Level 17
Okay .... you wanted m,e to comment, so I will ;P

Well, I have to say - nice ideas! I like them ;) but be careful, the fire jump spell can cause the unit to stuck. You always have to take care these spells should be capable for general melee games. That is a good indication for making spells. But well, as I said, good job. Looks nice for me :)

I liked the spells on this but there were a few things that didnt quite work.
I found that the jump spell wasn't really all that effective. It hardly ever hit the units that i wanted it to. I think you should stop all units in the area of effect around the hero, because usually when he jumped, the units continued to follow him and avoided all damage. It also would jump an extrordinary distance if there was any obstacle in the way. It's a very creative spell, but i think it would be hard to get the results that everyone wants to see with it.I also don't think that spell was all that versatile because it would only be good in certain maps.

But generally speaking, the spells were good. I liked the fire trap one, but i think the ward should last longer if it is undisturbed. I wanted to use multiple traps, but by the time i got one placed and the cooldown was up, it had already disappeared. the psychic spell was cool and worked well. If you push a unit into a wall, it just keeps getting crammed into it. The bouncy volcano rock was awesome and very creative. Because the rock is lumpy, it really could bounce anywhere. The gravity thing was really cool too. I think there should be like a giant aoe that drags the units outside of the range VERY SLIGHTLY to the spell. It just seems odd that there's such a strong force in the spell aoe and the units outside of it just avoid it altogether. There was another spell that i didnt mess with much, but it worked well.

I would rate this a 4/5 for a few reasons.
-Spells were pretty powerful for just being a normal spell
-The cons I listed above
-The usefulness of the pack. The spells were awesome, yes, but all but one of them were unit spells. They would only be useful for a boss imo, because it would make any other unit super powerful. If these were balanced with the other wc3 spells, I would find them very useful.

Reactions: Rmx

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
It's a Customed spellpack, Feel free to increase or decrease the cooldown of the Fire trap abilitie as u plz, it will work fine coz it's MUI .
The Jump spell well it's too imba if the units are hit 100%, coz he jumps high distance, so we make the unit have to be very close to the hero, in order to get hit, also u can change easily the jump distance :) .
Also the spells are not powerfull !! do not judje the spells ( maybe u are playing a game that all spells are like that, and heroes are more powerfull, this will make the spells weak )
Also u can change the damage of the spells :) ... and u don't have to put the spells like normal abilities u can make them as Ultimates :) . +rep and thnx for the huge comment :) .

Level 3
Though the spells are nice, I am heavily against the Pyro Jump ability. Because it uses Paladon's Jump System's Variables, its impossible to use with Paladon's System. Since Paladon uses an easy to implement GUI system, its one of the most used systems for jumping and dashing. So if I wanted a dash skill in my game, I couldn't use it with the Pyro Jump ability because they rely on the same variables.

However, I reccomend creating duplicates to each of Paladon's Jump variables, albeit with different names, and linking them to the proper places. This would allow this skill to be used with Paladon's System.

Nice spells though ;]

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well it will be fixed Blarf ....... thnx for reporting Simpa +REP .............

Anyway Blarf the jump system is not a system at all it;s some variabels that u can use to make the hero jump !

And they work well if u imported them right .............. they have diffrent variabels so it shouldn't be a problem ......... they are not sharing the same variabel so it will not conflict with each other in a triger %^%^

Level 3
Well it will be fixed Blarf ....... thnx for reporting Simpa +REP .............

Anyway Blarf the jump system is not a system at all it;s some variabels that u can use to make the hero jump !

And they work well if u imported them right .............. they have diffrent variabels so it shouldn't be a problem ......... they are not sharing the same variabel so it will not conflict with each other in a triger %^%^

I don't think you understood what I was saying

You can't use the Pyrojump skill if you already are using Paladon's System

Ie: Lets say I'm using his system to make a dash ability. Since you didn't create clones of Paladon's variables for pyrojump, it renders it virtually useless since you have to give up one or the other, since having different information on each variable would cause serious errors.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Blarf it's ur first time, at Trigering right.

Don't judje Pro people in trigering, my spell works 100% fine even if u imported it.

Also for paladon jump system, Yes i can use, why else he uploaded it at hive ?.
Also if i tried asking him, he will say also YES since it is a system not a spell.

Also diffrent Variabel don't cause Errors, And i made diffrent varibels coz to make easier to people to import my spell.
Also i needed effects, Paladon system of JUMP does not contain effects in his Jump.

When i see a Spellpack or a spell of urs, I will see if ur a pro or a noob.

Why else Do they APPROVE my Spellpack it's 100% leakless MUI ....... Fully Efficient...

Just that darn Bug when jump on the mountains and everybody DIES it is easely fixable.
Thnx for the comments but think before u Wright ^^

Level 3
Those spells are really cool, especially firefly.
Beware. It looks like the pyro jump skill can take you outside of the playable map area. Don't lose your caster!

Level 1
You can jump out of the map with pyro jump
should be fixed

sry if it has already been said, but I just haven't got the time to read all posts (just read with the mountain bug, but that's not it)

edit:
I really liked the spells, worked fine (only the thing with the pyro jump)
though they are missing originality
4/5

Last edited:
Level 3
Awsome spellpack!
But when I create the ward it's sound set is a peasant! Cange it!
But I liked it a lot. 4/5 and a rep is deserved :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well firstly you need to add full multi level support to all spells like I mentioned, this usually means adding some code so the spell effect varies with level of the casting ability.

As for optimizing, the easiest way to optimize any GUI spell is to simply remake it using JASS. Removing BJs and handleID leaks alone is a great improvement to efficency.

Level 4
Can you please update this to show what Variables should really be put in the Map Init AND to include an easy configuration setup for these spells so people can edit values as if these were Hero spells?

How you have it now only pertains to non-hero spells. It is really hard to figure out (if you're a noob coder like me) how to set the damage values, AoE values, speed values, etc. of each spell.

The spell I am wanting to use is Fire Bounce.

Here is an example below of a good configuration setup in Map Init your spell pack here lacks:

• Projectile Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Dummies Used --------
      • Set A_Dummy = Mortar
      • Set A_Ability[1] = Explosive Mortar(s)
      • Set A_Ability[2] = Shoot More Arrows
      • Set A_Ability[3] = Shoot More Bullets
      • Set A_Ability[4] = Shoot Arrows
      • Set A_Ability[5] = Shoot Bullets
      • -------- Arrow Data --------
      • Set A_MaxIndex = 0
      • Set A_ProjectileModel[1] = Abilities\Weapons\Mortar\MortarMissile.mdl
      • Set A_ProjectileModel[2] = Abilities\Weapons\MoonPriestessMissile\MoonPriestessMissile.mdl
      • Set A_ProjectileModel[3] = Abilities\Weapons\BoatMissile\BoatMissile.mdl
      • Set A_ProjectileModel[4] = Abilities\Weapons\MoonPriestessMissile\MoonPriestessMissile.mdl
      • Set A_ProjectileModel[5] = Abilities\Weapons\BoatMissile\BoatMissile.mdl
      • Set A_ProjectileScale = 100.00
      • -------- Damage --------
      • Set A_DamageBase[1] = 500.00
      • Set A_DamageBase[2] = 25.00
      • Set A_DamageBase[3] = 25.00
      • Set A_DamageBase[4] = 25.00
      • Set A_DamageBase[5] = 25.00
      • Set A_DamagePerLevel[1] = 0.00
      • Set A_DamagePerLevel[2] = 0.00
      • Set A_DamagePerLevel[3] = 0.00
      • Set A_DamagePerLevel[4] = 0.00
      • Set A_DamagePerLevel[5] = 0.00
      • -------- AOE --------
      • Set A_AOEBase = 70.00
      • Set A_AOEBPerLevel = 0.00
      • -------- Fly Height --------
      • Set A_FlyHeight = 90.00
      • -------- Speed --------
      • Set A_Speed = 38.00
      • -------- Range --------
      • Set A_Range = 1800.00
      • -------- Timer speed --------
      • Set A_Timer = 0.03
      • Trigger - Add to Projectile Loop <gen> the event (Time - Every A_Timer seconds of game time)