• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Sea Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I used teh Sea Dragon dude or whats he called, and I think there is a problem with one of his abilities. The one that makes him lunge at the target location doesn't work for me whenever I use it. Heres a demonstration.
X=Target Location
O=Sea Dragon
-,/,\= The path he Takes hen I cast the ability

X O
/
_______________/
I know its not a very good drawing but have you encountered this before?

Level 9
Okay, your talking about the Sea drakes "divebomb" power. it involves a kinda "charge" that shoves units out of the way making the drak impossible to surround. Yes its erratic, he kinda flies really fast in a straight line while turning 180 degrees. It's written in JASS, not my best modding subject i'll admit, maybe i can post the JASS here and someone could optomise it, use it like you would a blink spell, target it fairly far away from the drake, and he will "dash" to that location.

In duel mode however this spell can be used to breach the forcefield surrounding the arena throwing the drake outside the arena and thus forfieting the match. This IS a bug with it and one im trying hard to solve, it only tends to occur if players delibarlty attempt to use it to flee the arena.

It really depend son your facing, and where u target it, with practice you CAN use it will and know where it wille nd up, its great for escaping from enemy heroes or chasing them down =D
the 180 degree turn really helps in "overtaking" fleeing heroes but it takes practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.