• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoCEX - The Scourge of Lordaeron

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos : Enhanced and Expanded
(Inspired from the enhanced campaign series by @soviet_00)

The second part of the 5-part RoCEX series:
Act 2: Human Campaign - The Scourge of Lordaeron
For more updates and info, visit the OFFICIAL THREAD

STORY:
In Lordaeron, King Terenas and the Alliance Councils of the city are holding a meeting to talk about the recent problems in Lordaeron, most known are the orc uprising in Southern Lordaeron and the mysterious plague that spreading around the city, then The Last Guardian, named Medivh (also known as The Prophet earlier in the game), appeared before the Alliance Council, morphed into a Human from his Raven form and talks into Terenas. Medivh tried to warm King Terenas about the coming of the Legion and the undead scourge, but the king didn't pay any heed to his warnings and told him that they were the ones that should choose what's best to protect themselves and making him begone in his eyes. The Prophet then said that he will find another one who will heed his warning and that, now, their fate is their own, and it's up now to Terenas' son, Prince Arthas and the Humans on how to figure out the city's situation before it's too late.

Features of the campaign:
- Includes 14 Maps (9 Chapters, 3 Interludes & 2 Cinematics)
- Included everything from the original and The Frozen Throne expansion plus all-new content

Version 1.0 - Released Version [9/9/21]

Version 2.0 - The Definitive Update [10/30/21]
  • Rebuilt the entire campaign from zero
  • Revisualize everything
  • All playable characters’ ultimate spell can be upgraded up to level 3
  • Added new units
  • Added new upgrades
  • Fixed bug issues
Version 3.0-pre1 - The Revamped Update (Stage 1) [3/26/23]
  • Added several new upgrades for the Human race
  • Added a new unit for the Undead:
    - Butcher, a giant melee unit that has huge health and it's a chaos-typed attacker.
  • Bring back the RoC versions of Flying Machines and Siege Engines respectively
    (plus converted Spell Breakers into their High Elves version to match the RoC campaign style)
  • Some of the upgrades for the Human race were buff/nerfed or renamed (Check the "Changes" section for information)
    - Pulse Firing renamed to Stimpacked with a new icon.
  • Custom models are updated & changed
  • Fixed more bug issues + improve tweaks
Version 3.0-pre2 - The Revamped Update (Stage 2) [4/27/23]
  • Replace the campaign screen of the campaign with the unused main menu screen from RoC
  • The entire campaign has been completely re-overhauled (it's highly recommended to delete the old "RoCEX_Human" save file to prevent any bugs or glitches to be happened)
  • All the maps are now W3X rather than a W3M to be only compatible with the Frozen Throne expansion
  • Added all-new content from the first Warcraft game, creating the "Classic Set" which has content from Warcraft 1 and 2
    - The set includes 8 units, 4 buildings and 4 upgrades from Warcraft 1
    (More content will be added in later versions)
  • Includes 3 new upgrades for Clerics and Conjurers from the Classic Set
    - Valor of Ascend : Increases the maximum hit and mana points of Clerics and Conjurers by 75 and improves their Initiate spells:
    Holy Healing - Increase hit point regeneration to 300 and gains the ability to hide at night.
    Summon Scorpions - Summon 4 Scorpions at the field.
    - Cleric Adept/Master Training - Increases Clerics' mana capacity, mana regeneration rate, hit points, health regeneration,
    and gives them the ability to cast Far Seeing/Magic Mirage
    - Conjurer Adept/Master Training - Increases Conjurers' mana capacity, mana regeneration rate, hit points, health regeneration,
    and gives them the ability to cast Rain of Fire/Summon Water Elemental
  • Added a Fourth Level for Masonry and Elven Mage Armor
  • Reduced the cost of original and expanded human upgrades
  • Fully implemented the Butcher for the undead and now has the Hurl Cleaver ability, which thrown his cleaver to a unit that takes damage and stuns it
  • Ghoul Lifestealer is renamed to Lifestealer Ghoul
  • Added a new variant of Ghoul
    Blazing Ghoul - Same style as a Lifestealer, but has Permanent Immolation
  • Fixed more bug issues & improve tweaks to avoid exploits

FUTURE UPDATES:
  • Adding more content to the classic set
  • Items Implementation
  • Adding Secret Codes
  • Will be implemented translation versions for other languages
  • Fixing more bugs and glitches

MODELSICONSOTHER SOURCES
johnwar
Ujimasa Hojo
Ilya Alaric
Stefan.K
Rhapsodie
bu3ny
Hate
Blizzard Entertainment
TheKaldorei
𝓚𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓨𝓲ツ
Murlocologist
PrinceYaser
Zephyrius2412
LazZ
Some are modified/created by me :)
- Base Human Campaign made
by Blizzard Entertainment
- Assets for the Classic Set are from
"Warcraft: Humans" campaign
by LordPerenoldeII
Previews
Contents

RoCEX - The Scourge of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
There are already too many edits out there but this one is super simple. Substandard. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N...
Level 10
Its okay.
Nothing huge was really added I feel like. Tomes and high hero lvl just made some sections feel easier.
Footman upgrade made them a little stronger which was nice, and the knight upgrade is good. But is that the only upgrades you added cause I didn't see anything else
The new units you mention are you just refering to TFT units?
Why not give jaina or muradin a special effect or higher spells like arthas I know you only keep them for a few levels?

Level 8
Its okay.
Nothing huge was really added I feel like. Tomes and high hero lvl just made some sections feel easier.
Footman upgrade made them a little stronger which was nice, and the knight upgrade is good. But is that the only upgrades you added cause I didn't see anything else
The new units you mention are you just refering to TFT units?
Why not give jaina or muradin a special effect or higher spells like arthas I know you only keep them for a few levels?
don't worry @shadowhog, i'll update the other heroes and add some new original stuff as well, i'm appreciate for your feedback for this campaign.

Level 6
There have been far too many remakes and enhancements of the reign of chaos campaigns, SevenBlood's by far being the greatest. At the very least, start doing it for expansion ones. There aren't any on TFT. I don't quite understand the consistent fixation on trying to modify RoC. I'd take a remake or enhancement of rexxar's campaign gladly.

Last edited:
Level 23
I've played the first few chapters and I don't really notice anything new, a few details here and there, but I don't see a real change or expansion of the original content. Maybe it's that I haven't played the original campaign for a long time and I no longer remember what it was like...

I will comment again when I finish it.

Level 8
There have been far too many remakes and enhancements of the reign of chaos campaigns, SevenBlood's by far being the greatest. At the very least, start doing it for expansion ones. There aren't any on TFT. I don't quite understand the consistent fixation on trying to modify RoC. I'd take a remake or enhancement of rexxar's campaign gladly.
this is may be different to other remake because my plan to enjoy newer stuffs for older version and i don't want to get backlash against other thing their don't like. and yes i will try to enhance the bonus campaign when the the entire set is done, so thanks for your feedback.

Level 8
I've played the first few chapters and I don't really notice anything new, a few details here and there, but I don't see a real change or expansion of the original content. Maybe it's that I haven't played the original campaign for a long time and I no longer remember what it was like...

I will comment again when I finish it.
@Resyak thanks your feedback, i get it, i need to chance up for the next update to fully define my greatness because i need a lots a time before i'm creating new stuff to the onward series as well.

Level 4
I will be 100% sincere and hope not to offend. I have several problems with this content:

1. It's another remake, there are hundreds in the forum and almost every month someone uploads one. I do not want to underestimate these jobs but I am a little bored of playing the same thing over and over again with one or another change.

2. Despite being a remake, I am not able to see real changes that bring something different to the campaign. If the idea is to "improve" or "change" in some way a product, those improvements or changes should be present and be noticed from the first chapter. More than anything because I am playing something that I have already played, if I have to wait until the fifth to see changes then things get quite boring.

3. Even in the most noticeable changes, they don't add anything new to the game, it's like forcing TFT stuff into ROC. I repeat, I hope you are not offended, but I do not get the idea.

4. Finally, you say that you have been working for 2 months, so I imagine it is a beta version or something similar. If so, I encourage you to really make changes that influence the gameplay and take your time to update and offer something more interesting.

Hopefully this does not discourage you or anything like that, I hope you continue to work and improve.

Level 8
I will be 100% sincere and hope not to offend. I have several problems with this content:

1. It's another remake, there are hundreds in the forum and almost every month someone uploads one. I do not want to underestimate these jobs but I am a little bored of playing the same thing over and over again with one or another change.

2. Despite being a remake, I am not able to see real changes that bring something different to the campaign. If the idea is to "improve" or "change" in some way a product, those improvements or changes should be present and be noticed from the first chapter. More than anything because I am playing something that I have already played, if I have to wait until the fifth to see changes then things get quite boring.

3. Even in the most noticeable changes, they don't add anything new to the game, it's like forcing TFT stuff into ROC. I repeat, I hope you are not offended, but I do not get the idea.

4. Finally, you say that you have been working for 2 months, so I imagine it is a beta version or something similar. If so, I encourage you to really make changes that influence the gameplay and take your time to update and offer something more interesting.

Hopefully this does not discourage you or anything like that, I hope you continue to work and improve.
Thank for your feedback @Pai Mei, i will going be improve my works out there and continue to do so. i hope you enjoy campaign this is short work of this, but this is still great and i just made this just for fun

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There are already too many edits out there but this one is super simple.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

I tried the 3.0 pre1 version.

It improves from the previous iterations, yes. However, the main issue with this remake, in comparison to say one by Soviet or teomazait, which both are considered as two of the better remakes for Scourge of Lordaeron, is that it falls short in giving a more noticeable dynamic in the changes. What makes the other two works splendidly is that Soviet improves the gameplay by a good margin, while teomazait pretty much right now sets the bar for the change for this particular campaign edit.

Chapter 1 is pretty much the same, so one can consider it skippable. The most noticeable change by a large mile is that orc's grunt hurts with their bash.
Chapter 2 has decent changes with the addition of a proper enemy base, but do you know that Uther can sometimes go weird and wreck said base?
Chapter 3 is almost similar to original.
Chapter 4 is where the changes started to be somewhat noticeable. However, I think Lieutenant is pretty much Footman on steroids and barring chapter 4 itself (I am trying to speedrun this one), I ditched Footman altogether and stick with the Lieutenant. That thing is too powerful for the 2 food cost it has. Kelthuzad boss fight is very monotonous in my opinion.
Chapter 5 is much more doable thanks to Lieutenant. I mean, I didn't remember I manage to smash both bases even on Normal with such ease.
Chapter 6 is pretty much similar to original, but with better units, Malganis is a joke. Have you considered adding Inferno to Malganis? Also, check your Dragonhawk, it attacks Jaina during cinematic and pretty much died.

I am still doing the remaining chapters, though I can see in gameplay it is currently fall short of Soviet's version. I can see it has potential, but the bar can be VERY high to reach since the standard for this particular one is horribly high.

Edit:
By no means I wish to discourage you, however, it is necessary to know that the bar for editing base campaigns has become very high with Soviet_00 Enhanced versions and SevenBlood revamps around. It is doubled specific for this campaign due to teomazait's version, so if you want to remake this one, it might need a lot more effort than the other campaigns for it to be acceptable.

Last edited:
Level 8
I tried the 3.0 pre1 version.

It improves from the previous iterations, yes. However, the main issue with this remake, in comparison to say one by Soviet or teomazait, which both are considered as two of the better remakes for Scourge of Lordaeron, is that it falls short in giving a more noticeable dynamic in the changes. What makes the other two works splendidly is that Soviet improves the gameplay by a good margin, while teomazait pretty much right now sets the bar for the change for this particular campaign edit.

Chapter 1 is pretty much the same, so one can consider it skippable. The most noticeable change by a large mile is that orc's grunt hurts with their bash.
Chapter 2 has decent changes with the addition of a proper enemy base, but do you know that Uther can sometimes go weird and wreck said base?
Chapter 3 is almost similar to original.
Chapter 4 is where the changes started to be somewhat noticeable. However, I think Lieutenant is pretty much Footman on steroids and barring chapter 4 itself (I am trying to speedrun this one), I ditched Footman altogether and stick with the Lieutenant. That thing is too powerful for the 2 food cost it has. Kelthuzad boss fight is very monotonous in my opinion.
Chapter 5 is much more doable thanks to Lieutenant. I mean, I didn't remember I manage to smash both bases even on Normal with such ease.
Chapter 6 is pretty much similar to original, but with better units, Malganis is a joke. Have you considered adding Inferno to Malganis? Also, check your Dragonhawk, it attacks Jaina during cinematic and pretty much died.

I am still doing the remaining chapters, though I can see in gameplay it is currently fall short of Soviet's version. I can see it has potential, but the bar can be VERY high to reach since the standard for this particular one is horribly high.

Edit:
By no means I wish to discourage you, however, it is necessary to know that the bar for editing base campaigns has become very high with Soviet_00 Enhanced versions and SevenBlood revamps around. It is doubled specific for this campaign due to teomazait's version, so if you want to remake this one, it might need a lot more effort than the other campaigns for it to be acceptable.
Thanks for your feedback!
I'll correct everything when I released pre-2 soon.
I hope future versions will be accurate to actual Reforged and make this campaign a Soviet_00 style

Almost forgot, where did you remove the chapter 3 abomination? That's like removing the biggest challenge the mission has

EDIT:

If you aim for Reforged, you should consider the Reforged version of The Culling (chapter 6), or if you want to preserve the houses, at least provide the additional foes that comes with the Reforged version.

Level 8
I don't think it adds anything memorable, that could actually differentiate it from other similar remakes and make it stand out positively when compared to the original campaign itself.

Some of the additions are fine like orcs having different types of grunts and such, but others feel underwhelming, like having several types of a ghoul with base models and just different tints, which just seems a bit too plain to me. Also, I feel like some of the models just don't fit very well with others, like the scorpions looking like they were made in a different style than the majority of the units. A bit of a visual clash for me. It's not that big of an issue, but at times it doesn't feel like there are enough changes besides the new models/units to forget about this part.