1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] The Remnants

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by SevenBlood, Jun 15, 2019.

1. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, l prefer to add the loading screen text after I feel the mission is at least close to it's final iteration and the majority of the maps are still in alpha and early beta forms. Check back in the full release and I promise all the maps will have their respective texts :peasant-victory:

2. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sadly also one of the maps closest to completion got corrupted when my laptop crashed and I wasn't able to find make uses of any of the test maps or backups to save it. So final release date should now be out by an additional 19 hours unfortunately.

3. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rip

4. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks promising. Keep it up!

5. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay done playing the chapter 2
    and gotta say

it's good apart i almost got overwhelm by the enemy when i'm doing farming the resources and defense and have to restart

6. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter Three.w3x is now available in beta form! This one has been taking a while after one of the maps got corrupted and slightly affected my drive to work but I'm feeling up to continuing with this project :thumbs_up:. As always any advice\feedback\critique is very welcome and appreciated!
    ChapterThreeOne.PNG ChapterThreeTwo.PNG ChapterThreeThree.PNG

Attached Files:

7. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @SevenBlood you should add the three chapter to the campaign file for easier play. Looks okay so far.

8. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll test the campaign yet.

This will give me a bad time :p

Edit:

Done playing the latest chapter and gotta say

I love the fact the building upgrade just buff the tower over 13k hp XD i could do this to defend myself against incoming invaders. I don't know it was a bug or intended upgrade feature for the towers :p.

and others? i'll let the others for detail feedback so yeah

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played it.

I found no issue in terms of gameplay.

The hardest thing about this mission, to me, is that we have several small bases spreaded across the map that we have to defend against several enemy bases that are also spread across the map. Otherwise it is not very difficult.

10. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just subscribing!

11. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just realised that I put the value for the tower upgrade in wrong, normally I never get it myself :vw_death:

Thanks for pointing it out, already fixed it :psmile:

12. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just completed chapter one.
    Good overall with a lot of potential, just in need of some finer polishing (found one or two typos, some buffs were incorrect, might consider disabling bounty etc.)

Since you've released 3 missions now, maybe you should combine them into one campaign file so we can keep hero data etc.?

13. Venkolm

Venkolm

Resources:
    Resources:
    What this guy said. Do it.

14. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played through all three released maps and I found no issue regarding gameplay. I've always been a fan of the story surrounding Alterac and I've always been saddened by what became of it in the end.
    I greatly enjoyed the snowy terrain, the music is fitting and I find the atmosphere of the map to be downright pleasing (it kind of made me want to explore more of the map in an attempt to find secrets). What I like the most about the design are the Lore Pages; I find it a very ingenious way of delivering vital lore to a player or those that are interested in learning more about the story of certain characters or the history of Alterac.

The maps I've enjoyed the most is 1 and 3; these maps had the best atmosphere, I was immersed in them and proved a good challenge because of the spread out enemy bases.
    The 2nd map falls behind in comparison with the other two. It felt very rushed as if it was fresh off the printing press and thrown on the forums, it just throws you into the middle of the action with no character introduction (not counting the lore pages). I still enjoyed it, but not as much as the 1 and 3 maps.

Across the maps I found a few typo's, for example in map 1 the ranger that you need to find has a minor typo in one of his lines and in map 3 there are some very odd Dwarf specific speech patterns (they say bastard a lot even if they are brothers which is pretty bad writing-wise).

Here is a small list of things that I believe need further polishing or attention:
    - Alteria's Third Ability says tooltip missing in the title on Map 1
    - Although you save captured allied forces in Map 2, you don't get to train some of them (axe throwers would have been nice)
    - The abilities the Priests have in Map 2 do not match those in Map 3
    - Map 3 has a bug or a mistake that gives you Defense Towers with 13K Hp (I never had to worry about being attacked)
    - After you upgrade your "Barracks" you lose your chance to research "Defend"
    - Map 1 and 2 could use mission or story description
    - Minor grammar errors on a few occasions across all three maps
    - Compressed Facial graphics on the Strongarde Archer (could use a different unit model)
    - I destroyed the gnome workshop in Map 3 to the east and didn't fail the optional mission

For now I grade the maps with a solid 3,8/5 just for the maps, story and the action. I'm looking forward to future content.