1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The puzzles island

Submitted by Rangerdeaths
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
You are some crazy guys lost on an island. You will need to solve puzzles, avoid traps and search for items all around the map to complete the 15 levels and reach the end !

The game features various puzzles, some fun traps, and some research parts.
It's hard, and you probably won't do all the map in once.
However, to help you, player one can "-skip" two levels. Choose them carefully !

The game also has some useless jokes or reference.

The map is protected to prevent players to look inside the map everytime they are stucked on a level.
Duration : Around 2 hours

The map might have bugs, and even if i didn't see any, please tell me if you see one.

All the map and triggers have been done by Rangerdeath/Rangerdeaths.

Screens :
Screen1
[​IMG]

Screen2
[​IMG]

Screen3
[​IMG]

Update history :
-Fixed various bugs.
06/11 : Minor fixes.
06/13 : Minor fixes
06/13 2nd : Removed a crash error
06/18 : Fixed major things, added 3 more hidden items :p

Keywords:
Lost, Puzzles, Puzzle, Island, Maze, Research, Tricks, Solve, Reflexion, Traps
Contents

The puzzles island (Map)

Reviews
21:55, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    The level 10 could be done without skip ^^
    It's just that the solution is really new and nobody think about it. Moreover, it's a very very long level.

If everything works as intented, every item that you give to the gatekeeper are sent to the ground, so you can get them again.

Well the level with "?" isn't easy also, but it makes a sense^^
    I think that if you play with enough players, they will find one of this levels.

"thnx for the map, its the best puzzle map I've ever seen (it would be insult to call it a retard map, because it's way different and way better than them)"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. HarchNode

HarchNode

Resources:
    Resources:
    My two friends and I played this map, really enjoyed it.

We got every single puzzle except the one with the 5 question marks and the lever, skipped that one.

Contains spoilers!
    In response to the level with the two paths, we actually thought it was a refreshing change since most games that have them will force you to pick one of two and you usually die at one. The crossing in the middle was creative :p.

There's one thing that one of my friends kept doing, don't know if you intended it to happen. On level 2, where you pass the room and can't reach the teleporters, there's that chicken you kill and get the strange note. If you wait long enough near the edge of the invisible barrier, the chicken will eventually walk over and you can kill it, letting you get to that room with the teleporters all over the place.

One more thing is that the level with the spinning blades, I would suggest making the HP of that last one the same as the others. I figured out that level really easily because I have the option that shows HP bars all the time. All the dangerous blades had long bars and the right one had this skinny little square so I figured something was up :p.

Anyway, my friends and I really enjoyed your map and we definitely are waiting for more puzzles :)

3. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    (from HarchNode)

Hi and thanks for your comment ^^
    Well the part with the teleporter rooms isn't a bug really, as there is something to search in this new room, and it doesnt help you to do latter puzzles (well, at least in latest versions). The teleporters are in acces after the level 11 also.

4. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, I was playing alone, I did went all the way through level 10 myself, I couldn't have found anything and at last given up in the end of that game, at 10th level. so close to the end. and also, I tried putting some gems to the golem but it didnt work and I couldn't took the spawned items back so close to him. Could you fix it? lol

lol and when I give items to gatekeeper (at the level with archmage), items did just disappeared, I couldn't see them on his inventory too. and I just couldn't find what to give him next, lol. And I got extremely curious about the 10th level.

Could you give some extra hints about level with ? items, archmage vs. gatekeeper level and 10th level? 10th level must be a real deal because you're saying its too long. The longest one (which almost was killing me cause of boredom) I've ever seen was just the level before 10th, lol.

5. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will try to do something about items.

For the 9th level, it isnt random of course, lol, it has a logic behind it so you shouldn't pass so much time on it.

I will send you some hints.

6. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    I almost beat level 10, but I can't find the 3rd key... can you please tell me where it is? All I see is invulnerable shades, nothing else D:

EDIT: Found the key, now I can't get past the 4th gate. Is the moon crystal of any use?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  7. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    remember the request of the golem. look at moonstone and think hard.

8. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's it ^^

9. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only thing that hints me here is 99. Must be part of the code. Idk the other 2 numbers :S

EDIT: I also can't figure out the unknown object thing. I even organized them like you did in the screenshot :p. I had like 7 of my friends try it they couldn't figre it out either. Also, what to do on 11?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  10. Scavman

Scavman

Resources:
    Resources:
    im trying to solve level 10 3 hours already, i think its a bug because i open the second and third doors... i even found the shade which is responsible for the first door but he is on a cliff and there is no possible way i can get there

11. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very clever on level 10!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  12. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    The 99 on the item you found isn't a hint. You just have to use it, and then somehow you have the answer (a 4 numbers answer).

Please nuuh, edit your "answer" or send him a private message, i would like not to give answer on this thread if possible.

13. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    K sry, also level 14 glitches when skipped.

Speaking of bugs, the glave's shooting missiles.

Attached Files:

• Bug.png
      Bug.png
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
  14. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for reporting bugs.
    Well, it's true that the level 14 skip is caugin me trouble ...

About the blade, wow o_O crazy bug. I don't really know what could cause that, but i'm looking into triggers.

15. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    at the chicken level, my friends and I all get fatal error when the chicken dies.

16. Noobius

Noobius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Argh...Got stuck on level 12...WITH just 5 deaths. Could you tell me what to do there? I ran out of skips. The dirty hints part, what does it do? The C.N. jokes did not help at all! Anyways, good puzzle map. The chicken part and the part with the 5 question marks was fun. So little tooltips or hints though... 3/5!! Would be 6/5 if there are going to be enough hints and more fun puzzles added.

17. Kusipukki

Kusipukki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lal I dont even know how to open first level cuz cannot find key :D

18. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, all i can tell you is that the answer is about the dirty hint ^^
    You have to found a way to make it readable. Not really hard.

EDIT, the 06/18 :
    -Fixed major things
    -Added 3 more hidden (fun) item.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  19. Kusipukki

Kusipukki

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, I got claws of attack that does not work, and an useless joke, (thats good joke :D) but level 1 is still inpossible! I work with it 1h / day or more but cannot realize whats the matter of it
    what does that hidden button thing do?
    OMG I FINALLY GET IT!

20. Crave.

Crave.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Grr level 11 part 2 please? Great game I have to admit :)