• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel

Valenvai presents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel
Created by Valenvai

Map Info:

A single player RPG map with new heroes and new abilities, optional quests, exploring and of course a main plot.
You are a hero, new to these lands, seeking fame and fortune unaware of the dark secrets buried deep beneath this seemingly peaceful kingdom.

Features:

• Seven playable heroes (+2 secret heroes to unlock).
  • New Custom spells.
  • Crafted items.
  • Optional Quests.
  • Hidden treasures to find.
  • Riddles to solve.
  • Non-linear world. Wander free around the kingdom and search for quests and treasures!

Screenshot:

tpotda1_zps60d73364.jpg

tpotda3_zpsdbbb1469.jpg

tpotda2_zps7701df4e.jpg

tpotda6_zpsac366be1.jpg

tpotda8_zpsc1101c26.jpg

tpotda4_zpsc842aef7.jpg

tpotda5_zpsca2bebdf.jpg

tpotda7_zps2b14e4da.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • My friends and beta-testers (killerjackal, BlackGuard_4, IceBlue, Sideris, miampyritsanaxa, Garidaki) for their support.
  • Hive Workshop for the place to upload my map.
  • Everyone for their productive feedback (in advance).

• Nerfed Dwarven Defender (Riposte ability).
  • Fixed a bug not allowing you to enter Dragonmountain cave, cutting the main plot.
  • Made sign posts bigger. No excuse to become lost now. >:)
  • Some aesthetic changes and neutral buildings (like shops and fountains) don't show on minimap anymore.
  • 27/09/2012 Fixed more bugs.
  • 27/09/2012 Druid spells are in their correct place.
  • 27/09/2012 Defender of Nature (Druid) had its tooltip corrected.
  • 06/10/2012 Added more Optional quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Added a few 'guide' quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Revamped Wolf Companion (Arcane Archer).
  • 06/10/2012 Added more items.
  • 06/10/2012 Some bosses are tougher now.
  • 08/10/2012 Fixed some tooltips.
  • 08/10/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 24/10/2012 Fixed some bugs.
  • 29/10/2012 Added cinematics giving detailed information about the heroes before you select them.
  • 29/10/2012 Added a 'storage' box that you can call anytime and stash your items.
  • 29/10/2012 A few aesthetic changes to cinematics.
  • 29/10/2012 Fixed a bug where you could create more than one artifact of a kind.
  • 30/10/2012 Added a Custom Preview Image.
  • 30/10/2012 Quest giving NPCs have a mark over their head now.
  • 02/11/2012 A few environment fixes.
  • 02/11/2012 Tooltip corrections.
  • 19/11/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 19/11/2012 After public demand I removed some trees and changed a little the terrain. :)
  • 22/11/2012 Fixed a minor bug.
  • 27/11/2012 Gameplay improvements. Minor bug fixes.
  • 28/11/2012 Some balance issues.
  • 29/11/2012 Environment enriching.
  • 29/11/2012 Some balance issues for Druid.
  • 29/11/2012 Fixed some glitches.
  • 03/12/2012 Fixed bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Fixed Arcane Archer's bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Some tooltip corrections.
  • 05/12/2012 Some items got buffed.
  • 08/12/2012 Lowered / balanced the cost of heal and mana potions. [*]17/01/2013 Added a special secret code you can use in the next map/part. The code is shown when you complete the map.
  • 18/02/2013 Bug fixes.
  • 18/02/2013 Some camera improvements.
  • 26/02/2013 Fixed a bug considering a secret hero.
  • 26/02/2013 Minor improvements.
  • 24/03/2013 Found and fixed a nasty little bug breaking an optional quest.
  • 26/03/2013 Improved/fixed some triggers that had a chance to bug the plot.
  • 26/03/2013 Minor terrain improvement and grammar fixes.
  • 11/06/2013 Flamewish's (weapon) area of effect increased.
  • 11/06/2013 Gaeran d'Volen has a new model! (credits to Armel)
  • 11/06/2013 Machine Bow (weapon) slightly nerfed.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor spell tooltip fixes.
  • 25/01/2014 One more riddle type quest added.
  • 28/01/2014 Bug fixes.
  • 28/01/2014 Terrain enrichment.
  • 28/01/2014 The Tomb is now deadlier.
  • 05/02/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 A few camera improvements.
  • 02/05/2014 Building and some cave entrances now have a Circle of Power to be easier to spot.
  • 05/05/2014 Fixed a quest bug.
  • 05/05/2014 A few lore corrections to better fit with Part 2 story.
  • 14/05/2014 Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused a quest mob not appearing where it should be.
  • 18/08/2014 Balanced Samurai's "Smoke Grenade" ability.
  • 18/08/2014 Nerfed Samurai's Special Class Weapon.
  • 18/08/2014 Slightly reduced attack speed bonus gained from Agility. [*]20/08/2014 You can now choose at the begging of game to play with or without cinematics.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor item fixes.
  • 21/08/2014 Fixed a bug that could cut the main plot progress on non-cinematic game mode.
  • 24/08/2014 Fixed a trigger that could lead to a bug.
  • 15/09/2014 Improved some triggers to avoid bugs.
  • 15/09/2014 Terrain enrichement.
  • 15/09/2014 Added some new abilities to certain enemies to increase the challenge.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new quests.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new items.
  • 03/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Trigger improvement to prevent possible glitches.
  • 09/10/2014 Corrected the color of some items.
  • 09/10/2014 Added 4 Rare Enemies that randomly appear in specific locations around the map.
  • 09/10/2014 Added new loot dropped by Rare Enemies.
  • 09/10/2014 Found and fixed a trigger bug.
  • 10/10/2014 Fixed a few memory leaks.
  • 11/10/2014 Minor changes for convenient gameplay.
  • 11/10/2014 Chances to encounter a rare monster were way to small. They are now higher.
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed more memory leaks. (I hope)
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed a bug I created while fixing memory leaks. Flame me at your leisure.
  • 02/02/2015 Minor bug fixes.
  • 04/03/2016 Fixed an item bug.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dark Angel, Prophecy, Valenvai, Single Player, non-linear
Contents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 1
hi,
i really liked your map. it is so awesome. however,i got some issues
1. while cinematics option OFF, in glen quest, after bringing his hammer, in quest update it is showing : for roseblood armor bring red, green,blu, kangaroos egg and silk berry. however for machine bow bring purple kangaroos egg.
while cinematics ON, then the complete recipie is showing i.e. purple kangaroo egg+ banshee remains.
2. even after forging armor and weapon, glen quest is not completed.
3. in 'bandit hunt' quest, the bandits are really hard to see. and i have to buy tru seeing helmet which cost 2400 gold. too much. will you include gem of tru seeing ~ 100 gold?
4.how do i kill giga and that black mespastopolus in trollwood?, i played the map with all the heroes except tiz-lee, and i tried all the weapons..
5. my minions are not coming with me inside cave. i.e. that gifted tree from spirit, wolf of archer, skeletons of necromancers..

thnx ..

Level 1
Like so many others I am unable to get past the Crystal Palace and now stuck in it.
Can anyone help me out with the answer to the riddle and get the gate to open please?

It is a great map and I would like to finish it since I had the two major strokes my riddle solving has gone away.

Level 7
You have made one of the best RPG maps i know. You also have a nice terrain, some places have not so many doodads but that's ok, i also use that stylistic device because sometimes also places with only few doodads can look nice and kind of special. But i think you could add some more doodad constructions, some complex and complicated buildings and monuments. I really like your landscrapes and towns, i will also add such areas in my map. When you add some more complex beautiful monuments, you will get 5/5. Now you get 4,5/5. I also like your dungeons with that music.

Level 1
Hi! Just played your map recently and it was superb. I'm looking for some clues about the riddle in the dungeon. I've read about the relation of the title but I can't still come up with the correct one. Can I have some more clues? Thanks!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-dude, skip cinematic mode; we don't need that to learn about spells; find another way to enable the player see what the hero is about; you got to also be careful not to step on the rune before going into the red circle...

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Yes, I am working on it, although it takes a lot of time due to my work respnsibilities.
I hope you are patient :)
Check my signature for the link for the sequel.

I've been away from this site for like two years and durning that time lot of good projects never relased their sequels.I'm actually happy to see to see you still active and well.

Level 2
Warlock is broken. Game becomes stupidly easy because of his infernal (golem). The rest of the map is pretty good, i liked it.

Last edited:
Level 3
I've completed this map twice now (dwarf and tauren), and I have some things to say, especially since it seems you are making a sequel.

For starters, bless you for QWER hotkey setup instead of "intuitive" binds. And bless you even more for cinematic skip option, that was huge for replay enjoyment.

Now let's talk hero abilities. They're not very creative, but I suppose they don't have to be just because they can be. I'm undecided about having so many passives when you only have one hero to control.

The spellbooks were a nice addition. Even though autocast for Bloodlust/Inner Fire doesn't work on the hero, but he sure is happy to buff the treant, and even though I'm too inept to figure out how to change inventory hotkeys, I liked the spellbooks. I put combat and nature to good use. By the way, is it not possible to QWER these as well?

I didn't try to play a caster yet (for long anyway), because I was worried the spells would become too weak lategame since there's no gear scaling for casters in WC3, not without triggers anyway. However even on the end bosses, my dwarf/tauren spells took off a chunk of health so you balanced that somewhat. I say somewhat because eventually my barbarian could just attack move his way through most content, after he got his class belt and Gigas loot anyway. Have my doubts the mage will clear as easily even if I control her.

Before we leave the abilities topic, I'd like to point out that the mage intro doesn't mention her Mirror Image ability and the dwarf's Riposte made me think he would sometimes counterattack when struck in melee but in reality it just seems a differently tuned Bash.

Inventory. While the teleporting stash and obelisk storage space are useful, it still gets annoying to shuffle items around to get quest items and crafting reagents to the right place. I would prefer that these don't use up inventory space. Perhaps the spellbooks could be "learned" as well (only one active at a time), replacing the Patrol button on the command card. Patrol is just a poor man's bot program anyway, and there's little reason to patrol when nothing respawns. And I'd have a nicer hotkey than something on the NumPad. ;p

Regenerative consumables could work over a shorter duration. There's really nothing to do while waiting. Explore, oh whoops monsters, and they hit you and break the regen.

Now the roleplaying value. You make an acceptable adventurer, perhaps a bit too quick to accept your role in a prophecy and for some reason feeling great loyalty to the local king. But no cringy moments, a little humor here and there, a little nuance to the character. I can tell English is not your first language but your use of it is more than good enough for it to not bother me.

I'm not sure the obelisks were part of your initial plan but there are some mechanics that seem to pretend they don't exist. You mustn't leave this area until you've killed X. You may enter this special place, but we're locking the door behind you, so you just hope you find a way out. In all of these cases I can just teleport out. And back in.

Too many trash mobs seem to have their default WC3 names, which feels a bit lazy. Could have done a bit more to create a sense of your own universe here. The eredar could be called something else than eredar, and you wouldn't need to put any explanation anywhere to the new name, but I'd still come to associate it with demons.

And now in my random order of feedback let's talk more about monsters. Sadly there seems to be little work behind the AI as I can just run away from nearly any fight and regen faster than the mobs. Not the last one, thankfully. I can split up packs. I can kill one of the last bosses of the big dungeon and run away and regenerate before I take on the rest. This is fine with kobolds and trolls, but with Anubis and the guardians and whatnot, I think there should be a door that locks behind you at least. After expanding the rooms so that it's not hopeless to kite inside them.

Gigas stands out as an exception. Sure, he leashes like all the others but he certainly was a unique encounter that took some thinking. And this brings me to the secrets. I found the hidden heroes on my first playthrough, woop. I got my treant buddy, I got the armor set, and stuff and stuff and stuff.

But I didn't get past the riddle door on either playthrough. And, this thread hasn't really helped. You don't want spoilers posted here but you'll PM the answer to anyone who asks? This seems needlessly complicated to me. The door is, according to your own common issues, a bit bugged. So not only am I throwing guesses at it, I'm also hoping I'm standing on the right pixel while I'm doing it. And this has me here, asking, hoping for your or someone else's benevolence.

At some point however (perhaps this point), there won't be a response to a request like this, even though you're clearly happy to share it as long as it's in a PM. So now I'm asking you to simply post it. Put in a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler if you like, but post it. I am impressed with your work and I look forward to the sequel, but this particular part is just frustrating.

Level 9
It's paused at the moment. I'm having problem with Map Editors (something about the newest version of Warcraft) and I wasn't able to solve it.
Real life matters don't allow me to invest more time solving the problem. I'll let people know if there are any news.
It's really sad considering the map was at 90% complete.
Check here for info.