• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The project is dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The map is great, its just the filesize.
An Arena map really shouldn't go over 1mb. If you cut it down the map would most likely become pretty/very popular.

Having played it a few times in the past I see alot of models, that I atleast felt were completely unnecessary & didn't make the map any better just bloated it out.
But ofcourse up to you.

Level 6
The map is great, its just the filesize.
An Arena map really shouldn't go over 1mb. If you cut it down the map would most likely become pretty/very popular.

Having played it a few times in the past I see alot of models, that I atleast felt were completely unnecessary & didn't make the map any better just bloated it out.
But ofcourse up to you.

well , my arena is over 3 MB too , so you're saying it sucks just because of that ?

Level 12
I'm simply saying you'll never get a game started. Arena's are generally fast paced action, thats what ppl expect when they join. So they just won't wait 15-20 minutes for everyone to download.
Why is your map 3mb? How many models have you imported?

With my ET2 map, I was also very tempted to import 100's of things. I forced myself to sacrifice a few imports & managed to keep it down to 600kb (first release). Ppl downloaded very fast, games managed to fill & I was able to play many games in short amounts of time.
If you checkout www.gamingcraft.net you'll see there's slowly been building up a fanbase. Now gradually I'm adding more & more here and there, its now upto 1mb (after 3 months development).

I'd only recommend the same, this map I feel has alot of potential its a shame to see it sidelined. I only wish it good things', thats all.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I never seen this hosted on bnet, yet..... It's kinda sad

It's as little hosted as my Naval Battle map (I've never seen it hosted to be frankly). People don't have the patience to play 2 hour games, they prefer 25min turbo bs games instead -.-

People play games and expect it to be fast and play well known maps like vampirism, footmen, dota, battle ships, battle tanks, tag games, enfo, warlock, random arenas, some TD's and such maps, and they tend to stick with these...

I even got flamed by people when I hosted NB cuz they suddenly discovered the game lasted 1 hour, and says omdg this game never ends and starts a chain leave and I'm alone -.-

It's impossible to make something popular, unless it's fast, easy to play and everyone instantly understand it. Missile war is perhaps a bad example, but I've seen it hosted a few times, while it's more impossible to make Naval Battle popular cuz of the difference between very hard learning curve and very easy learning curves. If they don't learn how to play in the first game, they never play the map again.

Probably 95% of the people on bnet are such "impatient turbo" gamers....

Level 6
Well , most of the mapmakers these days care about those 5% who actually care about the map's quality , not the 95% morons

Level 12
I'd say most map makers these days just want to be able to host their map online at anytime, allow it fill quickly & simply play a few games.
Getting pretty difficult with the Dota dominance :p, but thats another story.

Level 9
Thanks for the comments, I have had several good games of it before and built a 'mini' community of folks who regonise me (as im sure im one of its only hosts) and thats fun.
Sadly, people just dont have the patience for the download.

When you DO get a game in feedback has been very postive.
I did make a smaller ver of it, thats half the size, though with the cutbacks it was quite unpopular.

Level 9
I've heard that before. I've given this community a lot and asked for nothing in return, so bribery wont get you anywhere.
As I stated, my time is being taken up with paid work and I don't have time to take on new stuff for the sake of it, also I made a free map for people to enjoy so I don't feel I need to bribe people to host it or play it, if they don't want too its thier loss not mine.

I just think its a sad reflection on the state of warcraft that people cant be beothered to wait a few minutes for a download, but its hardly keeping me up at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.