• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The planet's future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I agree with a few sentiments and ideologies proposed by Vermillion Edict. If you think about it, much of the planet's destruction can be credited to, in its rawest form, greed. After all, to sum up the data into a nice illustration, if the forests aren't cut down for wood or land space, soil layers aren't dug up to expose minerals, or factories are prohibited from using the only resources they can to manufacture goods - spewing harmful gases into the bio- and atmosphere - then how is the big, corpulent corporate manager, seated in his luxurious chair, supposed to be able to count his money? How is the economy supposed to function when mechanisms of large portions of its budget have to be changed at a substantial pace? (As if the latter isn't happening, already.)

To sum the secular aspect of my opinion up, allow me to quote famed scientist Stephen Hawking: "It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million." Taking the environmental factors into consideration, it's likely humans will be popping up on the endangered species list within the next few decades should technology be all about industrialization, or should man continue to ruin his homeland.

I've been making a few calculations, and I found that at this rate the amount of Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is going to increase exponentionally over the next 30 years, but due to the emergence of alternate feuls such as Hydrogen, we're most likely never going to reach that stage ;)

I got the data I needed from a website (a trusted one ofcourse so the data must be close enough to accurate)

I took into account the amount of feul burned per day, and the rate of it's growth, and I also took into account the concentration of Carbon dioxide in the air.
I ended up with some interesting results (and one really stupid one)

Level 14
Well you cant stop or now when the time comes,Only God and Jesus knows,Plus Earth is our temporary life,it doesnt last forever,but what you can do is be good to be in a good life after the end.

Level 14
@mags: i'll try to make them, right now, i overloaded with terraining workshop's request, and some model edit requests, but your jumbo jet seems interesting...
:)

Theres a lot of planes like : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/a6m-63936/?prev=search=plane&d=list&r=20
Or: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/yak-9-a-49897/?prev=search=plane&d=list&r=20
Then again maybe: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/me-109-a-49896/?prev=search=plane&d=list&r=20
THERE IS A LOT OF PLANES,LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.