1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The planet's future!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rysnt11, May 25, 2011.

1. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Methane gas is dangerous only in smaller spaces, while outside it's not that dangerous. It's harmless in small concentrations.
    You know, methane gas doesn't spread from just rubbish, it also appears when some things burn, you fart methane, it's also used in different industries... it's actually much safer than CO2.

2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Idk but some conspiracies to me sound like actual conspiracies, especially when the debunkers fail big time at proving why smth is a conspiracy and when there's more evidence about it than there is not. If some of what some have been killed after speaking is true, then the future would be disposing of 7/8 of the population, to make some place as Earth's population is growing and growing.. Well I cant fully believe that there is weather control devices also causing earthquakes as some say (Japan is proven to be seismic region but what about the number of tornadoes in USA recently, again some say normal to me the frequencies of such is increased compared to previous years).

So if that's the case - end by pollution, global warming, nuclear bombs, meteor? No. A disease or plague of some kind and ppl won't even know about it. Just like how much they tell us when radiation reaches continents like they 'told us in timely manner' when Chernobyl's radiation spread. I dont wanna speak about it because ppl have to make big research and will start making connection and why something can be true. Thrown in like that, I know it sounds like BS

3. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    @tleno: looks like my 'fact' stock has been out of stock, so you won this debate, but, i will came back with more fact
    haha~
    :)

4. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, it was a pleasure to debate with you. This time.
    *Hides a list of facts behind his back like if that would be knife to stab rysnt11*

5. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey, hey...
    Looks like we got a proffesional murderer around here...
    Nah, just kidding tleno
    Haha~

6. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    The hole will repair itself eventually. Besides it's not as if Ozone is some horribly rare thing that's impossible to make and put up there if necessary. And Global Warming isn't that big of a deal. It's technically Climate Change now because it's already been figured out it was just a big money making hyperbole. Besides, it's not as if natural things (like the sun) don't damage the layer all the time.

7. Archangel678

Archangel678

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If someone dropped litter infront of me, I wouldn't care.

Global Warming can be a sign that we're heading into an Ice Age. It can also be totally fake. I honestly don't care, knowing I won't live long enough to see the result.

The planet WILL be destroyed. When that big ball of gas runs out of fuel, we're screwed. If a comet, meteor, or moon hits earth, it goes boom yet again. Or if some mentally deranged human has control of a few nuclear missiles, we're also screwed. I doubt humanity will thrive past 200 years. Earth isn't made to support 7 billion large organisms - genetic engineering will be pushed to the test, our real hope is looking towards space itself, another host planet.

Ultimately, in our current state, humanity is useless. We are destroying ourselves, by 'using up natural resources'. Earth will eventually end, and as everything has a start, everything comes to a end. The Universe itself will either eventually expand too much and rip, or enclose itself and 'crunch'. Fighting over petty land rights, borders, money, entertainment, religion, etc, is useless. The only way to truly ensure the survival of our race is finding multiple host planets, as they are innumerable. The only problem is getting there.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  8. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The planet's future is to be overpopulated by bunnies. That's how the planet's surface gets destroyed.

//\\==//\\

9. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    At first ponies..
    Now bunies...
    It's getting worse....
    But i think, ponies is better than bunies.....

10. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There's a pretty easily identified marker for the 'end of the world'. Just watch, as technology advances past a certain point, the idea of an economy will be more of a burden than a necessity. Depending on our choices as a race, we could screw ourselves over right then and there.

It all comes down to greed. If it persists, we'll just be speeding up the process. On the other hand, if theres some big change, or all those greedy assholes, the ones that perpetuate the problem are lynched, history should remember, "Oh shit, them bitches got hanged, let's not do what they did".

Of course, it's all hypothetical at this point, with a large number of possibilities, that I've roughly summed up here. As far as enormous spacerocks are concerned, the meteor or comet would have to have the size and/or momentum to overpower Jupiter's gravitational pull, or plow right through it, as that planet manages to offset the courses of many, many pieces of sizeable space debris.

11. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with a few sentiments and ideologies proposed by Vermillion Edict. If you think about it, much of the planet's destruction can be credited to, in its rawest form, greed. After all, to sum up the data into a nice illustration, if the forests aren't cut down for wood or land space, soil layers aren't dug up to expose minerals, or factories are prohibited from using the only resources they can to manufacture goods - spewing harmful gases into the bio- and atmosphere - then how is the big, corpulent corporate manager, seated in his luxurious chair, supposed to be able to count his money? How is the economy supposed to function when mechanisms of large portions of its budget have to be changed at a substantial pace? (As if the latter isn't happening, already.)

To sum the secular aspect of my opinion up, allow me to quote famed scientist Stephen Hawking: "It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million." Taking the environmental factors into consideration, it's likely humans will be popping up on the endangered species list within the next few decades should technology be all about industrialization, or should man continue to ruin his homeland.

12. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I've been making a few calculations, and I found that at this rate the amount of Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is going to increase exponentionally over the next 30 years, but due to the emergence of alternate feuls such as Hydrogen, we're most likely never going to reach that stage ;)

I got the data I needed from a website (a trusted one ofcourse so the data must be close enough to accurate)

I took into account the amount of feul burned per day, and the rate of it's growth, and I also took into account the concentration of Carbon dioxide in the air.
    I ended up with some interesting results (and one really stupid one)

13. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you cant stop or now when the time comes,Only God and Jesus knows,Plus Earth is our temporary life,it doesnt last forever,but what you can do is be good to be in a good life after the end.

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've seen believers but someone saying God AND Jesus, that's a first... lol

15. Ennyliohanus

Ennyliohanus

Resources:
    Resources:
    And putting knows instead of know after that.
    Oh yes, my opinion.
    Well, I agree with some of the posts above. Most probably, we will destroy ourselves.

16. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    We need some sort of WC3 Cinematic for this :p
    It'd be awesome :D

17. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    why don't we all create that cinematic thing?
    It would be rated dc!

18. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would end apocalypse!!! haha

19. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL (but seriously Apocalypse is MY GREATEST FEAR!!!)
    Edit: Sorry for double post

20. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I was thinking of making one called: "The Destruction of Lebanon" >:D
    I'd have to terrain my entire country though : P
    Are there any airplane models on this site? >:-D