• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague V3.7

• Wow
Reactions: Sierano
Please dowload Latest Versions to fully enjoy this game online and by yourself.

This is no run of the mill zombies game, this is a very open custom scenario where you can build you own camps and cities. There is no shortage of custom units either. Also, every person in the game is a potential zombie so watch out, because it only takes one zombie to take out an entire city! There are tons of things to do but mostly you just build cities and armies to try and destroy the undead hordes. Exploration in this map is key for your cities to thrive. Also, you dont have a time limit to win, you just play at you own pace and coordinate attacks with your fellow players. This is the second version of this map so other updates for it will follow. Ty and enjoy playing!

-Version 1.8

-created a hero selector
-Fixed health of walls
-Nerfed priest's heal
-Took away Divine Shield
-Decreased Hero level cap to 15 due to balance issues.
-Remember that this game is meant for Multiplayer, host it on BNET.

-Version 2.0

-Nerfed Heroes massively. They should all be balanced now.
-Slightly increased detail on terrain.
-The heroes now cost 100 gold and lumber a peice.
-Deleted archers on walls due to glitches in zombie attacks. (Build your own archers)

-Version 2.1

-Reduced players to 8
-Increased HP of walls.
-Decreased number of villagers available.
-Decreased border limit.
-Gave heroes more abilities.
-Fixed mill cost.
-Fixed steel fist tooltip.
-Fixed wall horizontal/vertical thing.
-Gave you the ability to make a market.

-Version 2.2

-Added Tome of Retraining and Searing Blade.
-Made towers able to be made by Workers.
-Made border guards drop Mutated.
-Nerfed john the swift.

-Version 2.3

-Created Border Guard Calvary.
-Made more refugee camps.
-Decreased Lumber cost of units.
-Decreased Cost of Encampment Center.
-Armored mutants are now able to see stealth.
-Nerfed John the swift again.
-Added more terrain and paths.
-Added more secrets.

-Version 2.4

-Added a lord zombie
-did some minor editing.

-Version 2.5

-Changed tooltips for several hero abilities.
-Changed Zombie Lords model.
-Added another zombie player to reduce lag.
-Now if you lose a town it causes the zombies to spawn more troops.
-reduced build time for most buildings.
-Added bounty for all zombies.
-Gave you more starting money so you can build a base faster.

-Version 2.6

-Made some minor terrain changes.
-Added more defense on towns.
-Buffed the arrow tower.
-Buffed the walls hp.

-Version 2.7

-Buffed tower again.
-Got rid of starfall for jacob the stealthy.
-Gave zombies more health.
-Gave town watchmen more health.
-Made all abilities available by lvl 10.
-Buffed walls again.
-Buffed zombie lord.
-Decreased lumber cost of a few buildings.
-Made a new area in the moutains, it has orcs and a new item.
-Added cleaving attack to the Border Guard Knights.
-Debuffed tower
-Got rid of hidden tomes.
-Gave zombie lord cleaving attack.
-Added more resources at islands.
-Made a message saying when a player leaves the game due to me getting pissed off when they leave and i dont know about it.

-Version 2.8

-Added minor terrain changes.
-Changed icons for several units and heroes to add variation.
-Gave heroes more abilities and auras.
-Made all zombie spawns beyond the trenches.
-Did some minor editing of town defences.
-Could not figure out how to fix cathedrals not spawning zombies but i will next patch.
-Made more paths through trees.
-Got rid of gates.

-Minor Update

-Added more powerful zombie attacks on trenches.
-Decreased defenses on trenches.

Version 2.9

-Made some minor terrain changes.
-Gave most human units increased hp.
-Added more powerful zombie attacks on trenches.
-Decreased defenses on trenches.

Version 3.0

-Increased gold supply greatly.
-Decreased cost of several units,
-Made chieftans less overpowered.
-Made markets vulnerable and they take 20 seconds to build.
-Also made taverns take 20 seconds to build.

Minor Patch

-Made few simple changes.
-Added some extra features.

Version 3.2

-Minor Terrain Changes.
-Added a trigger that causes a large amount of zombies to spawn when you lose a town.
-Moved around a few units,
-Added more trees to some areas,
-Edited the *extra features.

Version 3.3

-Made major terrain changes on cities.
-Added a 150 gold income per town that you own besides the main city until you lose that city.
-Changed the rat attacks into sewer dwelling zombie attacks.
-Added upgrades for all units and heroes.
-Added a Sewer Dwelling Zombie.
-Changed icons for builders.
-Changed Model Files for builders so people can tell them apart.
-Made less zombies attack but made the zombies better.
-Made all bowmen Better.

Version 3.4

-Made better terrain on most parts of the maps.
-increased amount of gold in several mines.
-Greatly reduced latency by decreasing number of zombies and increasing effectiveness.
-Fixed the massing problem at the gate.
-Made you get 5 gold per villager rather than 2 after i realized it was way too little lol.
-Made most units build time faster.
-Buffed a few human units.
-Buffed almost all undead units.
-Added a new zombie *infected*
-Fixed minor spelling errors.
-Edited tooltips.
-Made you get a better view with the camera by typing -camera.

Version 3.5

-Made zombies better again.
-Changed bounty for some units.
-increased gold in other goldmines.
-Fixed terrain up a little bit.
-Decreased build times.
-Increased food limit of knights from 1 to 2.

Version 3.6

-Added a nightstalker unit for the zombies.
-Added lumberjack lodges in several highly wooded areas to help with settlement and exploration.
-Made a sea entrance to the undead city so now the sea is good for something!
-Made minor terrain changes.
-Made more zombies at undead city.

Minor Update

-Made border guard drop zombies rather than mutated zombies.
-Lessened zombie defense in some areas.
-Made healers much better.

-Version 3.7

-Added a help me system for people who lose their hero and builder.
-Greatly buffed all heroes health.
-Minor terrain changes.

- SOME HINTS AND TIPS/DESCRIPTION

Its a good idea to build an encampment first thing in order to create a city later on. There are open areas provided for a town but you can make your own if you get enough workers together to clear some trees.

You can get workers in the begining from the first towns cathedral. Most units in the cathedral are limited so its first come first serve. You can also get villagers that give you 2 income each but the first cathedral has a very small amount available so you'll need to build a city if you want to get more of them.

Exploring the map is a good idea because there are tons of hidden items and food supplies all over the map. There are also refugee camps all over the place and destroying their towns gives you tons of cash.

HERES THE STORY

In the far lands of the southern kingdom, a beleagered king prepares his people for a desperate stuggle for survival. The undead came without warning and struck hard and fast. They took over one of his major towns to the Northwest.

Hundreds of desperate refugees crossed the border into his lands pillaging and killing at will. The zombies had destroyed there kingdom and now they intended to take what they could from others to survive.

The brave king acted quickly, sending the majority of his armies to combat the undead hordes, but this was a mistake. As they entered battle against the endless hordes, it went bad from the begining. Huge mutant beasts routed and slaughtered dozens of men at a time creating even more horrifying enemies to fight. A soldier would kill one zombie only to see his best friend turned into one coming after him. After he struck him down ten more would come to try and do the same. For every one you killed it seemed like there were three more. Every human they killed made the zombie ranks even more powerful. The soldiers could not take much more of this. In a little over an hour the entire army was routing from the zombies.

Thankfully, the king was no fool and had a backup plan. He had dug a trench along the outskirts of the battle in order to contain the imminent threat, the zombies poured upon the trenches relentlessly but were eventually held back and destroyed. With the ground full of dead soldiers and creatures, the king claimed victory over the zombies.

The trenches have held for three months now under constant siege. The king has called for aid from the neighboring kingdoms and eight kingdoms have answered him. The kingdoms only hope now lies in these noble kings hands. They need to push the undead back and retake the capital city in order to claim victory. The king needs your help! Will you answer his call?

-If you would like to host this map for me plz let me know in comments with date and time. It would be greatly appreciated.

Keywords:
The plague, Zombies, Armies, Battles, Cities, plague,
Contents

The Plague V3.7 (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hey man awesome map ! I enjoined playing it ! Zombie survival oohh scaaarryy, awesome effort man what I repsect the most [ ] Map scanned of viruses [ ] Map doesnot crash WC3 as far I can see [ ] Map is yours/seems no edited from other...
Level 5
ahhh man I'm so sorry. I forgot to host because I just got city of villains and I was playing practically all weekend and I forgot :( I'll make sure to do it the week after this one I promise. I'll write a note to myself if I have to.

Level 10
Ok for those of you who can host, i cannot host for myself, i rely on kind people who can host for me. If yor liked this game and would like to host it again, plz let me know in comments with a date and time you are going to host it. It would be appreciated a lot. I love playing my game but i cant do it alone lol. So plz let me know if you could host for me. Ty

Level 4
It's a very fun map , I have played it lots of times
I give 4/5 :
+very fun to play
+ hard to hold and defend
+good immersion
+nice mass zombie system

~build a city is hard ( no tower ?? )
~too many builders ( worker ; city builder ; wall and tide .... )
~just 10 level to heroes ( why not 12 ?? )

-retake city is (too ?) easy
- just 3 types of zombie

Level 10
If you like this map check out Colony Wars Version 1.0. Its not a zombie map but its a pretty cool space map i made. Its worth checking out. And lulol, if i made the heroes a higher level they would be too strong. Ive tried. The different builders i guess i could minimize into one but it would look kinda confusing on one guy. And yeah the cities are kinda hard to build, i dont know how to make it easier. You have all the tools. It just takes about 5 mins to make a good one. And retaking cities is pretty easy but it makes zombies group up at the gate of their main city making it hard to win. i might add something for you when you lose a city. And i dont know what else to make for zombies. If i give them a range unit it will be impossible to win. And i already made a big zombie so im stuck. And there are 4 types of zombies, Armoured, regular, mutant, hero zombie. And the boss too, i didnt count him.

So ty for comments, you made my rating go down though! :'(

Level 2
I've played this map a few times, mostly with friends, and I quite like it. Some suggestions, however:
-The zombie attacks, while initially quite hard to defend against, are eventually defeatable by one player. At the end of one game, I was holding the trenches all by myself. If they gradually increased in numbers, it would put a lot more pressure on the players to get ahead and win - and create a much greater atmosphere of a desperate band of survivors holding out against the zombie hordes, etc etc.
-The Soldier and Bowman both share the same icon, which can be confusing at a glance. The various builders also all share the same model, which can be even worse if you're trawling through a whole city to find one.
-Some upgrades for the human players would be good, particularly for whichever unfortunate soul has to hold the border.
-Finally, rat attacks in the cities can be... annoying. Why would a rat hit four times harder than a man with a sword, anyway? It would be better if you replaced them with some kind of weakened zombie (infected by the airborne strain of the virus, perhaps) and randomised where they spawned in the city.

Other zombie ideas - a support zombie (undead priest), a weak-but-fast one, and one that gradually corrupts the land behind it, causing damage to troops in the area if it is not purged.

All in all, though, I really liked the map. Keep up the good work! :)

Level 10
Ok ty for comment. I will update my map soon as version 3.3 with most of you suggestions. Especially the upgrade one. And i will probrably replace the rats with a weak zombie too. As for the gradual zombie attacks. Ill do my best. Ill probrably decrease there numbers and increase there hp and attack.

Level 10
Yeah! Lol 60 comments. Also if ne1 wants to host this map for me plz let me know. Im currently updating and checking this map a lot so plz let me know if you can host. Also, i never see this map hosted! If it has that many dls then why wont it get hosted. The Plague 2 has only a few hundred dls and its hosted all the time. It makes me sad and angry b/c i love my map and i love playing it but playing alone can be boring. Host it every now and then and see how it goes. Im sure you wont be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Level 10
It isnt very laggy in the newer versions. It was previously very laggy but now i decreased the spam to half of what it was and made units much better. So the lag is not bad, i think its at a decent level. Also did you play it online b/c if you didnt some of the lag system requires players killing zombies in order to reduce the lag. Its a fragile system but it works. Also constructive criticism helps, and your profile isnt very inviting lol. I play it on lan with my bro all the time and the lag is acceptable. But it could be improved ill admit to that.

Level 4
This game is very similar to a game I've been working on (Shadowed Day).

My system is less city based though, undead spread blight when they kill things or die. Undead are spawned over time and the more blight there is on the map the faster they will spawn.

I look forward to playing your game.

Level 10
Thanks darkness ill fix that in next patch. Im a little busy with the plague 2, its looking extremely cool. Prolly 10x cooler than this game was. Its called the plague 2 island infection. The zombes are computer players and the game is much more in depth story and gameplay wise. So plz, if your interested, ill send you some stuff about the game.

Level 3
Awwww and I thought you stopped working on it :( anyway if your making plauge 2 here are some things to look out for , The starting tarven. Too big too annoying . should be removed when the players aren't there also make it smaller. And yes I am interested in plauge 2 hope it will be nice :) . Good luck to your map

Level 3
Nothing special but if you like zombies you will probably like this, too.

I like building stuff and the amount of options but why aren't the cities already controlled by players and not by computers? It would be more fun if some players controlled the towns and some should build them or just to defend the other players towns.

Training militia was also confusing me in the beginning. Why don't you use a different model and icon because in the original Warcraft militia can be turned to peasants and vice versa. Or why not just use the basic Call for Arms -thingie?

Level 1
Hey, being a big zombie build survival fan I dled and played your map, all in all I'd say it was a great map but there were a few gripes I had with it. The first thing being the amount of units of each type, while I appreciate that allowing someone to mass border troops would be a bit broken, it's a bit boring that you can't personalize your army, eg. someone goes for cavalry because he has a cavalry hero, and so on. This could be achieved by the system that diplomacy uses where you build certain buildings for certain troop types. Don't know how difficult it would be to implement but it would give more freedom of choice.

Further problems I encountered were the walls, sure they did a fairly good job but they weren't precisely the time sink for the zombies I was hoping for as they died in max 10 hits. It would be cool if you could upgrade them somehow.

Lastly the difficulty, the game is quite easy, with 2 players attacking and 2 players keeping the rest of the world zombie free we won easily :/

Level 10
Thanks kelden for your input. Ill probrably implement most of the things you said and i appreciate it. Right now im working on the plague 2! : ) so im kinda busy but once its done ill patch this game a bit. Also, do you host this map alot? if you do plz mssg me on the bnet (Cazeoj276) on the east coast a id love to play with you sometime. BUt when i fix it Ill make the walls better and probrably some race variation. And the zombies will become playable in a patch or two. So ty for input!

Cazeoj,

Last edited:
Level 4
Really looking foward to The Plague 2. Minor issues with this one though...

Zombies are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy dependent on armoured mutated zombies late game. The normal zombies become somewhat of a joke and everyone has to focus fire armoured mutants. I think you should scale down armoured mutant health but scale up the damage of normal zombies so they can keep pace with people who spam border guard.

I think there should be a reason to NOT spam border guard. I mean it feels kinda wierd that all your units are all the best expert units... gold is beyond easy to get and it doesn't seem to be used at all. I think scaling villagers down to maybe 10 or 15 gold per income would make this game more enjoyable instead of a spam fest.

Ranged units don't get upgrades. Thats just a bug.

All in all though this game was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. My only suggestion is a mode or playstyle (possibly in The Plague 2 since you seem to focus a lot on that) where theres no castle to bunker down in and its just every man for themselves building cities. Zombies getting into your villagers and toppling cities is the most fun aspect of the game but some people just build inside the kingdom's main city and turtle it up.

Also, somebody got killmaim to drop off of killing one of blue's villagers. Made his hero damn near unkillable. Items not intended to drop dropping off of blue seems to be an issue.

Level 10
First off im very glad you host my game, maybe if you mssg me on the bnet sumtime we can play together. My username in game is cazeoj276 on the east coast. So add me if you want. Id love to play with you.

Ill prolly get rid of the killmaim drop, its kindof a secret n i guess its out lol. So ill change it. Ill even out zombies a bit to make them better and harder to kill and as im sure you know zombies will be playable which will make things interesting. Border guard will prolly be limited more or debuffed a bit. So ty for your input man and i hope to play with you sumtime.

Level 10
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO ENJOYS THIS GAME

<THE PLAGUE 2: ISLAND INFECTION V1.0 IS COMING OUT THIS WEEKEND FRIDAY OR SAT>

<IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO PLAY IT MSSG ME ON THE BNET OR SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST (CAZEOJ276 ON THE EAST COAST) OR MSSG ME HERE ON THE HIVE. ALSO IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH ME YOU COULD INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR MSSG. IVE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR 4 MONTHS NOW AND IT LOOKS AMAZING. PLZ DL AND HAVE FUN!

Cazeoj,

Level 4
Warcraft 3 crashed when I played this :/
I suspect the crash is due to memory leaks because the error message said something about warcraft 3 running out of memory (something like that).

Is the game leak free? If you aren't planning to make any updates to this anymore can you convert the triggers to jass to remove the leaks :D

Level 10
Really dude....

Hmmm, im trying this map but not looking forward to it, Why is your description SOOO long.....
Normally i try to read it but its to long,:DD:

First off I am sorry for describing my game in detail. Ill go for smaller amounts of text next time so its easier to understand. If u needed to know what the game was about a simple small description was listed at the top. If your not going to post something productive or helpful then I really don't need crap, especially if you hadn't even tried the game out. Thanks a bunch

Level 4
First off I am sorry for describing my game in detail. Ill go for smaller amounts of text next time so its easier to understand. If u needed to know what the game was about a simple small description was listed at the top. If your not going to post something productive or helpful then I really don't need crap, especially if you hadn't even tried the game out. Thanks a bunch

HEYYY i tried it out and no complants thought it was an excelent map :DD:thumbs_up: