• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague of Lordaeron

History

The Scourge of Lordaeron

After preparing for many long months, Kel'Thuzad and his Cult of the Damned finally struck the first blow by releasing the plague of undeath upon Lordaeron. Uther and his fellow paladins investigated the infected regions in the hope of finding a way to stop the plague. Despite their efforts, the plague continued to spread and threatened to tear the Alliance apart.

As the ranks of the undead swept across Lordaeron, Terenas' only son, Prince Arthas, took up the fight against the Scourge. Arthas succeeded in killing Kel'Thuzad, but even so, the undead ranks swelled with every soldier that fell defending the land. Frustrated and stymied by the seemingly unstoppable enemy, Arthas took increasingly extreme steps to conquer them. Finally Arthas' comrades warned him that he was losing his hold on his humanity.

Arthas' fear and resolve proved to be his ultimate undoing. He tracked the plague's source to Northrend, intending to end its threat forever. Instead, Prince Arthas eventually fell prey to the Lich King's tremendous power. Believing that it would save his people, Arthas took up the cursed runeblade, Frostmourne. Though the sword did grant him unfathomable power, it also stole his soul and transformed him into the greatest of the Lich King's death knights. With his soul cast aside and his sanity shattered, Arthas led the Scourge against his own kingdom. Ultimately, Arthas murdered his own father, King Terenas, and crushed Lordaeron under the Lich King's iron heel.

In this campaign, you follow this history, but you play as the Undead.

Player Info:
Race: Undead
Heroes: Kel'Thuzad (Chapter 1, 2, 3), Mal'Ganis ( Chapter 3, 4, 5)
Major Enemy Heroes: Arthas Menethil (All chapters)
Minor Enemy Heroes: Jaina Proudmoore (Chapter 3), Uther the Lightbringer, Muradin Bronzebeard (Chapter 4)

Credits
Low_Kwaliti
HappyTauren
Blizzard Entertainment
- Quest bugs fixed.
- Experience gaining decreased from 50% to 20%.
- Lich King Model replaced.
- Culling of Stratholme dialogue sounds replaced with Blizzard World of Warcraft Sounds.
- Chapter Five: Arthas' Divine shields now last 15 seconds instead of 45.
- Sindragosa's Spawning from air is now fixed in Finale cinematic.

Keywords:
Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, infection, plaguelands, Lordaeron, Mal'Ganis, Northrend, Frostmourne
Contents

The Plague of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Level 1
When i try to download and play it crash do you know what i can do to prevent this

Level 2
Pretty nice,not much campaigns that let you play opposite sides on original blizzard campaigns,i noticed frost wyrms have pierce dmg,so this was made for an older version?,All togther quite nice 4/5 is well rated

Level 9
- The action of the whole campaign was short and the missions were relatively easy.
- In Mission 1 you get the abominations a bit too late consider you have to pass very close by the enemy's main base to get to the last village.
- In Mission 1 and Mission 2 it would have made more sense to fight against a paladin from the Silverhand instead of Arthas.
- There are LOTS of grammar errors and poorly written dialogues.
- In some cinematics the units tend to run out of the camera.

Overall I grade the campaign with a 3/5 stars. It was an ok experience even though the campaign needed more polish.

Level 23
Some notes I wrote down

Opening Interlude
Can hear the sound of the units dying at the start.
Zepplins have been used in Lordaeron? Thought they were only used by the Horde until we get to Kalimdor where the goblins there are more neutral.

Ch1
Some of those villages were well hidden. I had to search for many of them intensively until I could find them.
This was probably the hardest mission of the campaign cause of the large attack waves and our weak hero.

Ch2
Even though ghouls are mindless, they should at least be facing Kelthuzad when he is speaking to the army.
Scarlet Crusade should not have been created before arthas goes rogue i thought.

Ch3
If Jaina and Uther attack at the same time, the mana regen from Jaina basically lets Uther divine shield for like 4 minutes until we can kill him.

Ch4
Malganis not facing Raz during open cinematic.
It was nice to be 2v1 in a campaign mission, its very rare where we (us and our allies) ournumber our enemies in campaign missions. I basically used Raz as a meat shield until I was strong enough to push out.
The Spider side quest boss died before I could reach him. I dont know how he died, I am sure it was not the humans since their attack waves could not have killed him (he is too strong for them I think, even if Muradin was there, plus I think grey was neutral to the spiders anyway).

Ch5
A nice AoS type finish to the campaign.

General Points
The story telling/dialogue leaves a bit to be desired, but it was interesting to be on the opposite side of a story we all know well. It was short and sweet (mostly).

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3.

Level 13
An easy and relatively short campaign that fails to impress. It can only be played once. You will hardly ever be inspired to play it again.